NY Region, Kentucky Subregion: First Round: (13)Stan Hansen vs. (20) Mr Anderson

Who Wins This Match?

• Stan Hansen

• Mr. Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp.jpg

#13 Stan Hansen

zp_stan-hansen-3.jpg

Vs.

#20 Mr. Anderson

anderson.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Stan Hansen by a mile. Anderson was the man who should've been world champion in WWE but not only got injured, but got caught with his pants down. Anderson then became the picture of consistency when it came to injuries getting them more regularly than Dave Batista. It all lead to his departure when he was fired for nearly dropping Randy Orton on his skull. Since then he's had some pretty good times in TNA (some bad ones too) and was there world champion for roughly three weeks.

Stan Hansen on the other hand has a proven track record both in the US of A and in Japan. Hansen was a world champion with AWA (what that means to you I'm not sure but there you go) and formed several deadly tag teams with various men including the likes of Bruiser Brody and Ole Anderson. Well respected in both Japan and America, my vote goes to the world warrior that is Stan Hansen.

I've voted Hansen because I feel that's who would win, but I'd like to address this:

Stan Hansen by a mile. Anderson was the man who should've been world champion in WWE but not only got injured, but got caught with his pants down. Anderson then became the picture of consistency when it came to injuries getting them more regularly than Dave Batista. It all lead to his departure when he was fired for nearly dropping Randy Orton on his skull. Since then he's had some pretty good times in TNA (some bad ones too) and was there world champion for roughly three weeks.

Stan Hansen on the other hand has a proven track record both in the US of A and in Japan. Hansen was a world champion with AWA (what that means to you I'm not sure but there you go) and formed several deadly tag teams with various men including the likes of Bruiser Brody and Ole Anderson. Well respected in both Japan and America, my vote goes to the world warrior that is Stan Hansen.

So Anderson gets a bad rep for Orton being whiny, and merely nearly injuring him, but you say nothing about Hansen. Do I HAVE to post the Vader video, or can we agree that stiffing a man so hard that HIS FUCKING EYE BALL CAME OUT OF THE FUCKING SOCKET is a bit rougher than offending one of the top guys in the company?

Anderson probably shouldn't win this, but don't disrespect him by bringing your lopsided arguments here. Anderson has a big future ahead of him, and his year in TNA has shown me nothing to believe that his "reputation" as accident-prone is warranted by any means.

Injury-prone Mr. Anderson getting a 3rd degree concussion from the LARIATO! You know the rest....

Mr. Anderson is developing a streak of getting injured and still come back and be pushed cause he has a loud mouth and midcarder skills. Whereas Stan Hansen is more tough than a porterhouse steak (I like talking about food, its my thing :) ).

It's basically a mauling for Anderson, but he's still my favorite in TNA currently.

My vote: Stan "The Lariat" Hansen (you're welcome The Lariat).

Bad draw for Anderson because he's simply not going any further. Stan Hansen is a legend that's proven his toughness in various promotions all across the world and did it for decades

Ken Anderson is someone that I think still has a lot to prove. I enjoy the guy on the mic and he's pretty good inside the ring. Maybe had circumstances been different, he'd have been much further along the path to greatness than he currently is. Anderson's injuries did sideline his for significant amounts of time in the WWE, he did sometimes shoot his mouth off during radio interviews that he probably shouldn't have and he flunked a drug test. Anderson had a bright future but injuries and, to some degree his own actions & words, hurt him in the WWE.

Anderson's run as TNA World Heavyweight Champion is pretty underwhelming when you consider things. He's booked to be consistently weak in every match he's in as champ and drops the title after having it only about a month. I honestly don't believe that most people saw Anderson as a transitional champion.

At any rate, I think Hansen moves on here and it shouldn't really even be close.

Tough Draw for Mr. Anderson here as much as Love the guy and I want to vote for him I simply can't do it over a Legend like Stan Hansen. Stan Hansen was Awesome in his Prime I think this would be a competitive match with Stan Hansen hitting The Lariat for the win at the 15 minute mark

I have learned two things by posting on these forums. 1) I'm not too bad at discussing wrestling, but I have a long way to go, and 2) Stan Hansen is a fucking beast. He is one brutal son of a gun that will knock you around the ring even if he likes you. If he doesn't like you... you better be prepared to eat your meals through straws for the next month or so.

Stan Hansen is one of the toughest wrestlers and has performed all over the world. He's won championships and put down legends. Mr. Kennedy/Anderson has held one world championship for America's second rate promotion, and he was only given the belt because the real champion was on trial for drugs. Hell, they didn't even take Jeff Hardy's face off of the belt when Anderson held it.

To make a long story short, one stiff shot from Hansen (and it WILL be stiff) will probably break Anderson's fragile body into pieces, allowing Hansen to move into the next round without even having to break out his dreaded lariat.

I like Mr. Kennedy, I really do. I think he's probably one of the most entertaining wrestlers to debut in the last 6 or 7 years. I also find the stiff style to be a cover for sloppiness, in the main, and do not find it entertaining. If I want to watch people hurting each other, I'll watch an actual sport.

That being said, you have a match up of a global star against a man who is unproven outside the upper midcard. Much more to the point though, you have a stiff worker against the most injury prone wrestler ever. That in itself is probably going to be incorporated into any match they might have, and as a result I can't see Kennedy winning.

Glad I don't have to break out the big guns for this matchup. I'm a fan of Kennedy/Anderson. He's underrated in the ring, charismatic, and given some time... he can be a force in pro wrestling. But he's no match for Stan Hansen on his BEST day. Hansen does one thing better than nearly any wrestler in this tourney. Injure people. And Anderson has a track record of being injured by switching his pillow to the cold side in bed during the night.

Hansen wins this and near mine and KB's home base in Rupp, too. Good day for us all.

Anderson's a bigger star today than Hansen. But on location alone Hansen wins. I hate to say it, Anderson is easily one of my favorite wrestlers of today, but I don't like to be unbiased. This would be the case of the legend coming for one last hooray and squashing a top talent. People like to poke fun at Anderson injuries despite him staying healthy for 2 years and being slaughtered on injury lists by Batista, Edge and Orton, but that's no reason for him to lose. Hansen wins here on his style, the location and general "I will slaughter you because I can" attitude.

What a horrible draw for Kennedy [not as familiar with his work in TNA]...

Hansen is as tough as they come, and as the Vader video is any indication, the man does not fuck around... he will beat his opponent senseless.

Kennedy was a decent heel while working with the E, as his tactics earned him victories over [I think] seven former world champions... Undetaker and Kane included...

One thing I did notice from Kennedy was he seemed to be rather weak against brawlers and pure strikers like the Undertaker, relying mostly on technical skill and underhanded tactics like an early Randy Orton or MVP. And unfortunately for Kennedy, Hansen is pretty much the uncrowned king of brawlers.

Stan Hansen was a complete fucking badass who would beat the crap out of you any time you stepped into the ring with him. That alone would give him the advantage over Anderson, who has yet to convince me he is anything special in the ring.

Anderson would not be where he is today without being able to talk, his actual wrestling ability is very average. So, against a monster like Hansen he would just get broken in half, nearly decapitated with the lariat, and then pinned easily.

Hansen advances.

I like Anderson a lot. But I think this match comes down to a bad draw. Hansen wins this match for sure in my mind. I can see Anderson making it interesting, which he usually does.

But the "Asshole" definitely loses this. Anderson captured his first "World Title" recently and is on a nice roll. Perhaps if Anderson continues his success, this match would get closer in my opinion, down the road. But at this moment, he has a long way to go to be considered an opponent of Stan Hansen's that stands a chance.

This victory should go to Stan Hansen and it's not even debatable. Stan have wrestled with some really big names in this business, and been a dominant heel in Japan for a long period of time. Mr. Anderson probably won't even accomplish half of what Stan Hansen have accomplished in his career.

Stan Hansen was a top heel, and a very respected wrestler. He's a former world champion with the AWA championship as well, and one of the first (if not the first? I don't remember) American wrestler to make it big in Japan.

Stan wins with a brutal lariat.

Not many people have even come close to being as bad as Hansen. Mr. Anderson is a great competitor but Hansen would have him fartin out his mouth and talkin out his ass. This would no doubt main event a ppv and it would also end with Hansen taking Anderson's head off with a Lariat

I didn't get here in time to vote on this one, but if I had it would have been an easy victory for Hansen. Anderson is mediocre in the ring on his very best day, and is grossly overrated on the mic, as well as being very injury prone. I guess if you could look past these three parameters, he would be absolutely awesome. But realistically, Hansen brutalizes him in a relatively easy match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back