New York Region, Kentucky Subregion: Second Round: (12) Kane vs. (5) Mick Foley

Who Wins This Match

• Kane

• Mick Foley

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wound up voting Mick Foley. In addition to liking him better, the arguments I have read for Foley are simply too good to ignore. Foley beat guys like The Rock and Triple H when they were at their prime, an accomplishment that Kane cannot lay claim to.

Mick Foley is your man in this match boys and girls.

The only thing Kane has on Foley is size. If Kane's size was such an advantage he would have a significantly better career than Foley. Foley trumps Kane heavily in everything that isn't kayfabe. Kane would come out and beat the crap out of Foley, but Mick would keep getting up and eventually find a way to win, much to the delight of the crowd.

Mick Foley was a tough, crazy motherfucker. Excuse my french, but I don't see why Kane is winning this match. Foley has fought and beaten much bigger names than Kane has. Foley is a multiple time world champion and has held many other titles throughtout his illustrious career. He's been thrown through cages and off cages yet he was still able to get back up and continue wrestling.

Like I said, I don't see how or why Kane is winning here. Foley overall is just better and has been much more successful than Kane could ever dream of. Please make the right decision here folks and allow Mick Foley to continue in this tournament.

I'm voting for Kane mainly because of the shear whining I've seen in favor of Mick Foley. Boo, Hoo, Mrs. Foley's baby boy is losing to a guy who.. was overall more relevant with one gimmick, than Foley really was with 4. Moving on.

Mankind was Foley's best gimmick, but overall unless he was facing the Undertaker he really didn't do much at all. He lost just as much as Kane, and he wasn't half as dominating as Kane was in the first year he was in the Company.

So I see some people tossing up Kane losing a lot. Uhm, when he debuted - he squashed the shit out of a Mick Foley version of Mankind that had yet to truly accomplish the WWF Championship glory he would gain little over a year later. So this is where someone claims Foley wasn't yet in his prime.

But then there was Cactus Jack. Who most people will remember the most as being relevant whenever a weapon was legal in a match; but then if I just stopped there I wouldn't be giving the guy who actually did something decent in WCW his proper credit, would I?

Wait though, there's more. Someone could defend Dude Love in this situation, right? Well. Good luck.

Finally, you have Mick Foley himself - the guy who technically was considered as winning the WWF Championship, only to go on a back and forth game of who can rack up more meaningless reigns, with the Rock.

When you boil this down to the bottomline - Foley was every bit as relevant during Kane's domination over him in the majority of their single's matches, as anywhere (or as anyone) else. I don't give a shit if Kane was horrible as a dentist, or sucked as a fake Diesel. He gains my vote - because there isn't a video I've seen yet that shows me how Foley has ever stood a snowballs chance in hell against Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back