NXT divas who should be brought up to the main roster

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Out of the divas in that NXT locker room the only ones that are worthy of even being on the main roster right now are Sasha Banks, Bayley and Charlotte Flair but out of these 3 who are the most ready for the main roster? I would say Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks? I'll tell you why...Charlotte the business is in her blood second generation diva the daughter of perhaps the greatest wrestler of all time in WWE's history the Nature Boy Ric Flair and Charlotte has proven that not only does she have charisma of her very own but she is actually very athletic for a diva and not to mention she can actually go she can wrestle in that ring

Sasha Banks is another one she reminds me a lot of AJ Lee in a sense but at the same time Sasha I don't know if anyone knows this or not but Sasha she is the cousin of hip hop artist Snoop Dogg, it's true but in that regard she has succeeded despite her family ties and not only that but Sasha can actually wrestle she can actually go in that ring and she has the charisma to back it up too

Add Becky Lynch to your list of girls that could be called up.

I don't think Carmella, Alexa Bliss, and Blue Pants (she's not even under contract) are ready, but I'd still say any of those 3 are probably as good or better than Cameron, Eva Marie, and Rosa Mendes. So going by that there isn't a single girl in NXT that isn't worthy of a call up.

Who's the most ready? Well, obviously Charlotte and Sasha. Though I have a 7 year old niece who has become absolutely obsessed with Bayley from watching NXT at my house. So it's obvious that her gimmick is working exactly the way it's supposed to for young girls. I think this is a fantastic time for women's wrestling, if things keep going the way they have been we may be looking at a new golden age of Lita/Trish/Molly/Jazz/Ivory/Victoria/etc.

The only NXT divas who should be going to the main roster anytime soon are Charlotte and Emma. Charlotte's been NXT Women's Champion. There is nothing left for her to prove on NXT, and with AJ leaving they need someone else up on the main roster who can actually wrestle. Charlotte is the perfect candidate to take this spot. I would bring Emma back up too. The main roster needs her, given the fact that she too can actually wrestle. Imagine seeing a main roster counterpart of the Paige VS Emma feud. That would do wonders for the Divas Championship. Unless there are plans to put the NXT Women's Championship on Emma, bring her back up to the main roster.

Now, that leaves us with the other NXT divas. Why should they stay? Sasha is the NXT Women's Champion. She needs faces to feud with, so there's why Bayley should not get called up yet. Alexa Bliss still has improving to do, even though she is already better than many of the main roster divas. I'll address that again in a moment. Carmella can stay on NXT, she sucks and needs a ton of improvement. I'd also seperate her from Enzo and Cass, but that's a whole other topic. Becky Lynch is the one I would build up as the diva who dethrones Sasha. She shouldn't get promoted until she has had a NXT Women's Championship run. Finally, Blue Pants. She too has a ton of potential, but I'd keep her on NXT for a bit.

So, why keep these girls on NXT when all of them but Carmella are better than several main roster divas including the current Divas Champion? Simple. On NXT they have a chance at holding a championship over a division that still means something. Why promote Becky Lynch, Sasha, Bayley, etc if they are all just going to end up jobbing to The Bellas? That would be horrible. Charlotte at least has a good reason to get promoted. Let the divas who have not been NXT Women's Champion that deserve a run with that belt get that opportunity. Charlotte's had her's so she should join Paige and Natalya in making the main roster division matter again. It can still happen.

This is ridiculous how WWE lost all their starpower the very next day after WM. Brock, AJ, Sting - all gone, Bray is injured and Reigns is not in title match at Extreme Rules. Everything returned to it's status quo, like WM season never happened, i bet if you will watch any RAW from 6 months ago, the major storylines and names involved will be exactly the same, no progression at all.

Without AJ, NXT divas should be brought up to the main roster, no doubt about it, without gimmick or moveset "fixes", otherwise nobody will be interested in Divas at all.

I'd say that it's already in the works for some. I haven't read over any other posts, don't have time, so I'm sorry if I wind up copying somebody else's response. :p

Vince attended the big NXT show last week in California that had almost 5,000 fans in attendance and, according to reports, was said to be extremely impressed with what he saw and really enjoyed the show. Reportedly, he got a little miffed when crowds chanted "Better than Raw" and even "Better than Mania" at some points during the night but, apart from that, all sources say he enjoyed the show and was said to be extremely high on Charlotte and Sasha Banks. Charlotte should be on the main roster soon, a good indicator is her being shown in the new commercial that's out featuring Ziggler, Reigns & some others in TapouT exercise gear.

both Sasha and Charlotte are good in ring compatator. I think Charlotte comes first bcoz of flair influence. but sasha is best replacement for aj. even bailey is good babyface.

I say with the way the Divas division is going, I would only bring a Diva up for an Instant impact. Two divas fit that bill, Charlotte and (believe it or not) Bayley. Both can go in the ring and with the Bellas in control of the division and Natalya doing her heel run, you need some faces in the fray that can actually make a difference. Charlotte fits that bill to a tee and Bayley is good enough to not have to be the champion, but put on some good enough matches to have to believe she can.

I think the WWE has to be careful not to pluck the entire NXT roster for fear of diluting both products. Carmella needs A LOT of work and Sasha, Becky Lynch, Bliss need to get a little bit more mat time before they get the call.

Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley are all definitely ready. All three have excelled in NXT and are due a call-up. Since Sasha is the champ she really ought to stay but it's just a matter of time for Charlotte.

There is a divas battle royal next week to determine the number one contender. Surely Charlotte wins that or is at least dominant. I don't think she needs to go straight for the belt. If they let it build organically then she could completely save the division. Maybe target Summerslam as her crowning moment because there is a decent sized roster and a dominant heel to be taken out.

Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss are pretty good too. They are definitely focusing on the wrestling in NXT and the women are noticeably better. I'd say these two and will probably be in NXT for a while. Sasha should be up by the end of the summer and Bayley before the end of the year. Charlotte, however, should be sooner rather than later.

As I see it, there is only one NXT diva who is even remotely ready to be called up to the main roster, and that's Charlotte. Not only are the rest of the ladies not ready for the main roster yet, but in my opinion, none of the rest of them are even close. And some of them are simply never going to make it in the big time.

It's one thing to have a gimmick or a character who can get themselves somewhat over in a smaller developmental environment, one which is in front of a much smaller audience, on a much smaller scale, for one hour of television per week. It is something else altogether to bring the same thing to RAW, Smackdown, or PPV. Don't get me wrong, I love NXT and I try to watch it as regularly as possible. But some of these girls have weaknesses that are not exposed in the smaller confines of NXT, but will be much more apparent on the main roster. And don't give me the whole "well, they're better than half of the divas who are on the main roster anyway" schtick, because while that may be true, I think it is a poor reason to bring someone up before they are ready. I don't think Bayley, or Alexa, or someone like that should be called up simply because Cameron and Eva Marie are terrible. They should get called up, when/if they are ready to be able to do well. And unfortunately, that time is not now for any one of them except Charlotte. And even she is barely ready.

We see this happen on the male side of things too. Just because the Ascension or Adam Rose had success in NXT, doesn't mean they are going to see success on the main roster. There are plenty of guys doing very well in NXT who I don't think are ever going to get over on RAW or Smackdown. So I wouldn't call them up until they are considerably more ready. And for some of them, that may likely be never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back