• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NRL 2007 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
This is probably a bit early but I am already excited for the NRL season next year. What are your early thoughts, predictions or whatever for 2007?? Here are the first round fixtures for next season.

The first-round draw is:

Friday, March 16
Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 7.30pm

Win: Cowboys. (BTW, my dad and his friends are going to this one and to the Titans game)

Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers, Olympic Park, Melbourne, 7.30pm

Win: Melbourne
(note: both these matches have teams involved in the last 2 grand finals if anyone noticed)

Saturday, March, 17
Warriors v Parramatta Eels, Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, 7.30pm

Win: Warriors

Manly Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders, Brookvale Oval, Manly, 7.30pm

Win: Manly

Cronulla Sharks v Penrith Panthers, Toyota Park, Cronulla, 7.30pm

Win: Penrith

Sunday, March 18
Newcastle Knights v Bulldogs, EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle, 2.00pm

Win: Bulldogs

Gold Coast Titans v St George Illawarra Dragons, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 3.00pm

Win: St George

Monday, March 19
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Aussie Stadium, Sydney, 7.00pm
Win: Roosters

(the Monday fixture is very interesting, we'll have to wait to see if it works or not, although this is the NRL not NFL)

All new features - 2 Friday Games, Titans and a Monday Fixture.

GO COWBOYS!! We'll forget 2006 and BRING ON 2007!!!!

Im a big wests tigers fan and if benji and hodgo r fit i think they will be real contenders, looking forward 2 c how well john morris will go.

Also excited 2 c how south sydney will go.

Go The Tigers!!!!!!!!

I think the titans will have a good first season but miss the eight.
As 4 the warriors, i think they have a chance at minor premiers.
Also, I think Cronulla will have a good season under ricky stuart.

Hopeing that the tigers win premiership though

How do u think the dragons will go cause they have lost a fair bit of talent including luke bailey.
Also how will gasnier go in the number 6. I hope he has a good season cause he deserves it.

Wat r your thoughts

I agree with that ladder but i would change a few things.

Bunnies and Sharks will finish higher and canberra will get the wooden spoon.
Then make it

7-warriors
8-Tigers
9-dragons
10-Titans

Only things i would change.

Yeah, i would do a tipping comp. Thats a really good idea.
Anyone else

Im from Newcastle but not a knights fan.

Anyone else interested in a tipping comp

Cool, thats going 2 be a heeps good game.

The Warriors will be back in the Hunt this year if it wasn't for that -4 start then they would have made the playoffs last year.

Ill be interested to see what the Gold Coast Titans get up to this year though.

I will be following Manly quite closely this season as i am a St Helens fan in the UK and Manly have signed Jamie Lyon from us

My team ST Helens have signed him as a replacment for Jamie Lyon who has signed for Manley

I will get my 1st look at him in the world club challenge game against Brisbane in a few weeks, just got my ticket

According to reports over here Brisbane are putting a strong team out, Only the main man Lockyer is out after his op in pre season

T Murdoch 4 President, Over here we get NRL games on SKY tv so i keep up with what is going on when i can, i hope i will be able to give the UK a good representation in the tipping comp

Dragons are absolute wankers. From Trent Barrett to Gasnier, they're never short of an absolute tosser. He doesn't deserve anything because he has it all given to him by the National and NSW selectors, and yes he is a good player but has already got everything he wants (except a premiership because they have a little problem around the finals COUGH/chokers/COUGH.) I honestly couldn't care less about the dragons but I think they will end up just in the top 8. What the hell, here is my ladder for the year:

1 - Broncos (Best team in the league on top again)
2 - Storm (should be consistent again)
3 - Bulldogs (shudder - worse than the dragons, Willie is just a cockhead - nothing else to be said)
4 - Cowboys!!! (Big season this year!)
5 - Knights (Joey - no good at cricket so might as well show his skill in possibly his last season)
6 - Manly (Could be a force in 2007 or was last year a fluke?)
7 - Dragons (don't care for them or any other NSW team)
8 - Warriors (due for a good season)

9 - Titans (just out of the eight after a solid but not great season)
10 - Tigers (Benji to be injured again)
11 - Roosters (interesting under Anderson but they are all there for the money and the youngsters are inexperienced)
12 - Penrith (I liked John Lang, he was a paulbearer at my Grandfathers funeral because they were mates at Easts in Brisbane, but Penrith are no good anyway. 1 good patch then it's over)
13 - Parramatta (I don't see them as big contenders this year)
14 - Cronulla (nothing going for them)
15 - Canberra (no Mogg, Schifcofske, Smith or Elliot and a first-time coach - Not looking good for them)
16 - Bunnies (of course)

That will probably be as far off as you could get but we'll have to wait and see.

Winner: GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

If we can get a few more responses, does anyone agree in starting up a tipping competition? I'd be happy to run it if there is enough interest.

So far there has been only 4 people on here, so I think if we are going to hold one Fazza, we might have to get at least 5-10 Queenslanders or New South Welshman. BTW, where are you from anyway?

Up here, it's Cowboys or nothing. The excitement when they made the GF was HUGE. Even the local grades here are big. I never played footy in Atherton, but over half my school did.

AussieHobo is interested. Anyway, my brother, father and I are going to the first state of origin in Brissie. Should kick ass and will be awesome. I've been to a couple of cowboys games (Roosters 2004 - we won 36-18 and the Storm 2005 - won 30-24 great game!) but nothing as big as this.

If it's as good as last year it will be great. The atmosphere will be electric and it'll be great to see the roaches beaten.

I didn't realise you could use a computer in the prep school...

Gidley was an Australian international who played for the Knights all his career. He was a regular player in the NSW side, I think he was a right centre or a right wing. Now he's just another player in the UK for the money. I think he's pretty old now but he was still going good last season. What team is he on?

And thanks for your interest in the tipping comp.

I would only have paid for that game if I were you to see your team thrash Brisbane. They don't have any of their regular lineup at all and should be a pushover. I don't think an Australian team has won the club challenge at all (except once where the Roosters beat one team.) I really don't like the English league because they keep poaching our players for money! So Exiled, do you think you know enough to be a part of an NRL tipping comp? It doesn't matter but it would be good to know the teams at least.

That's great then if we can get it up and running. That's interesting that they say they've got a strong team. A couple of months ago on the news they said they were just sending over youngsters and didn't really care. I can't blame Locky for not wanting to go over. What a season he had! We get some English games on Fox Sports here, but usually the only show the Wolves, Bulls, Hull and the Saints.

I will have a go on a tipping comp

Also how do you guys think Matt Gidley will do in the UK ? a little info on him would be greatly recived :headbanger:

ALL PEOPLE ENTERING THE TIPPING COMP OR CONSIDERING IT MUST READ THE FOLLOWING! (NOTE: ANYONE WISHING TO JOIN IS WELCOME AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, ALTHOUGH YOU MUST HAVE A DECENT KNOWLEDGE OF NRL FOOTBALL)

Here is how it will work: Every week I will post the season draw. To save room on the forum, everyone should pm me their tips. Any editing of the tips will have to go through me so there is no cheating. Just to make sure I am fair, I will post my tips on the draw I post but please, do not create countless pages of your tips. Any comments will do, but again, PM me your tips and I will record them. I will also try to get my tips on first so that I am not competing with anyone else by seeing who they have tipped and going opposite or anything like that. I will create a table that shows all the results by everyone for the season.

Should you not get your tips in on time (approx 6:30 PM Friday before the start of the weekend of footy - Australian Time) you will be given all the away teams for that weekend. Also, anyone joining during the season will be given the away teams for the games that they missed.

Every correct tip is worth 1 point
A correctly tipped draw is worth 2 points
Tipping a full round of tips correct (8/8) is an extra 2 points.

We will also hold State of Origin tipping and we will all tip who we think will win the competition at the start of the season. Whoever guesses this correct gets 15 points at the end (if everyone is still in it.)

Please, anyones support in this is vital and the more the merrier. Good luck to those who are in it (I got 120 out of 200 or so games last year - you'll need it!) and good tipping!

(Copy out this and PM it to me with your tips replacing mine between now and the start of the season.)

Friday, March 16
Win: Cowboys.

Win: Melbourne

Saturday, March, 17
Win: Warriors

Win: Manly

Win: Penrith

Sunday, March 18
Win: Bulldogs

Gold Coast Titans v St George Illawarra Dragons, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, 3.00pm
Win: St George

Monday, March 19
Win: Roosters

BTW, if no one wants to PM me their tips, we could do it on the thread. Let me know what you would rather do.

I have created a table but I will need everyones email addresses so that I can email the updated table every week because it cannot fit on the page.

Since I did put my name down for the competetion, this would be my first tip of the season.

Friday, March 16

Win: North Queensland Cowboys = They have on of the best teams in the NRL imo but it was unfortunate for them to miss out of the Top 8 Last year. They alot of bad games throughout last season. But with a new season coming up, they can put a stop and beat the Premiers at QLD. (IMO I am going to this one live... since I live down the road.... My favourite teams playing and I hope they win... go Cowboys imo)

Win: Melbourne Storm = They played well all last season, coming up minor premiers, but can they bring on the good will of being the grand final or will they flop? I'm sure they won't and will go over the West Tigers.

Saturday, March, 17

Win: Warriors = Played awsomly well last seasons, if it wasn't for cap and the 3 point loss they would of made and 8. Otherwise they'll steam roll through the Eels.

Win: Canberra = Pretty equal here. I would like the Eagles to go through but I think the Raiders will be able to stop em.

Win: Penrith Panthers = Again, I wouldn't know both played well last year, not there best season thats for sure. pretty equal, still reckon Panthers are going to win.

Sunday, March 18

Win: Bulldogs = Simple reason I hate the Knights... go bulldogs.

Win: Gold Coast Titans = They have a great team this year and being there debut match I think they can get a win over the Dragons, although experience is in the favour of St George, the Titans should be able to beat em easy.

Monday, March 19
Win: SS Rabbitohs - They have an awsome team coming into 07. I could probally tip they will be in the top 8 for sure this year.. and I hope they will... Russel Crowes Team owns this year boys and girls.

well im a big eels fan i hope they win this year after a great comeback last year which came to a disapointing end

can i join and i'll also help out aswell

im putting my name down for the tipping comp and this is my first round picks

Friday, March 16
win: broncos- i think they won the gf last year and they wont want to lose their first game so i think they will just beat the cowboys in a tight one.

Win: storm- i think the tigers can go 80 minutes with the storm

Saturday, March, 17
win: warriors- warriors didnt make the eight last year because of the loss points at the start but this year they look strong and i think the eels cant beat the warriors.

Win: manly for sure- because has anyone seen the lin up for the raiders this year? they have got no one manly will win by at least 14 points

Win: sharks- i think these teams are pretty much the same but i think with the sharks havin ricky stuart will make the diference here.

Sunday, March 18

Win:newcastle- i think the knights will be too good here with johns and brian smith. the dogs will get to cocky and i dint like them so thats why i think the knights will win.

Win: titans- they are the new team good players and they wouldnt want to dissapoint there fans on the first game and plus the drgons have lost a lot of players and i think they will struggle this year.

Monday, March 19
winner-roosters i think this should be a great game to kick off monday night football but i think the roosters will be too good in the back half of this game. souths have got a great team but the roosters have got a better forward pack this year and a improved team and plus its there 100th year in the comp so i think they will fire this year.
they my tips

Im goin in and these are my tips

Cowboys
Tigers
Eels
Manly
Cronulla
Newcastle
Dragons
Roosters

Those are my tips 4 the comp. Like T Murdoch 4 President i also have a good knowledge of the NRL.Good luck 4 the comp

This is a very basic form that I could look at if no one wants me to email them the better one. BTW, the people listed are the ones that have said they want to join already. Again, anyone else is able to join at any time. I will PM everyone with how many total tips they all have. BTW, if there is anyone who would like to help me with this whole thing, you are more than welcome because it is extremely hard to do all this and it would be even worse if no one participated.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Rd 1
T Murdochaaaaaaaaaa/8

Fazzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa /8

AussieHoboaaaaaaaaa/8

Exiledaaaaaaaaaaaaa /8

Marcelloaaaaaaaaaaaa/8

I think I will compress everyones tips like this: (from now on could you also just post your tips without comments please. It was very confusing to do it and if I made a mistake I apologise.)

RD 1
T Murdoch - Cowboys, Storm, Warriors, Manly, Penrith, Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters

Fazza - Cowboys, Tigers, Eels, Manly, Cronulla, Newcastle, Dragons, Roosters

AussieHobo - Cowboys, Storm, Warriors, Raiders, Panthers, Bulldogs, Titans, Rabbits??

Marcello - Broncos, Storm, Warriors, Manly, Sharks, Knights, Titans, Roosters

Link 73 - Broncos, Tigers, Eels, Manly, Panthers, Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters

Thompson - Broncos, Storm, Eels, Manly, Penrith, Dogs, Titans, Rabbits

Wet23q - Broncos, Tigers, Eels, Manly, Penrith, Bulldogs, Dragons, Rabbits

Exiled - Brisbane - Melbourne - Eels - Manly - Sharks - Bulldogs - Dragons- Roosters

Can I enter? I love my NRL!
If so

Round 1-Broncos, Storm(Can't go against favourites), Parra, Manly, Penrith, Dogs, Titans, Rabbits!

Nope, no prizes. Well there is a satisfaction in winning anyway. It's just good fun and I have been in plenty of online ones where you don't win anything.

BTW, did anyone hear about how Steve Turner is now able to play for the Storm because the Storm gave the Titans two juniors? Well now one of those has a serious injury and will require surgery that will put him out for about half the season. Talk about a bad break for the Titans. Mat Rogers is injured, Carney walked out and now finally after it seems that the whole Turner saga is over, someone else gets injured. It will be interesting to see if the Storm give them another junior but that seems unlikely as it was a done deal. God, when will it end?

its just bad luck for the titans. they got to get used this as every club gets injuries serious like this before the season. but i think the titans will do well this season with them just making the eight. but i got one thing to say to them WELCOME TO THE NRL!!!!

Dragons are absolute wankers. From Trent Barrett to Gasnier, they're never short of an absolute tosser. He doesn't deserve anything because he has it all given to him by the National and NSW selectors, and yes he is a good player but has already got everything he wants (except a premiership because they have a little problem around the finals COUGH/chokers/COUGH.) I honestly couldn't care less about the dragons but I think they will end up just in the top 8. What the hell, here is my ladder for the year:

1 - Broncos (Best team in the league on top again)
2 - Storm (should be consistent again)
3 - Bulldogs (shudder - worse than the dragons, Willie is just a cockhead - nothing else to be said)
4 - Cowboys!!! (Big season this year!)
5 - Knights (Joey - no good at cricket so might as well show his skill in possibly his last season)
6 - Manly (Could be a force in 2007 or was last year a fluke?)
7 - Dragons (don't care for them or any other NSW team)
8 - Warriors (due for a good season)

Winner: GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

:wtf:
the only reason u saying broncos are gonna win is because u live in qld the only reason bronco's do ok is because they are just steroid infested mongrels who play dirty and i hate bulldogs but willie mason is a great player without using steroids ok Nsw rules

I'll Join As i'm probably the biggest doggies fan out their, anyways i just place my tips and im in, do i place my tips for round 1 only now

Btw Thompson Bulldogs are Favourites thanks

I'm In Bulldogs All The Way

I'm a tigers fan. I think that we will be back in the mix this year.

John Morris was a good buy at half back and providing benji stays fit, we will have a good season

Hey everyone I am the new mod for the Sports forum. And I just want to let everyone know that from here on out I dont want to see any spam or anything. Add details to your post to add to the convo. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back