• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now who is the favorite?

ThePeoplesChampion

Getting Noticed By Management
As we just saw soon to be former #1 Alabama lose to #19 South Carolina...seeing as Alabama was the overwhelming odds on favorite to win the National Title again.....well seeing as they lost who will take there spot as the Favorite to win it all?

I have 3 (one is a sleeper and may shock you)

#3 Oregon - Perhaps has the most high power offense in the country can put points on in bunches and they have a very impressive win over an impressive Stanford team this year...only thing that is bad still have games against USC, Washington, Arizona and Oregon St......granted only 1 of those are ranked but all are very dangerous.

#6 Nebraska - The blackshirts are back (ok were 75% sure they are lol) Taylor Martinez has looked like a legit Heisman contender. And with Texas on a rebuilding year and at there house that game looks like a W for Nebraska. There schedule is very easy. But again Taylor is a True freshman he will have mistakes and Nebraska still has a date with Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game it seems

#17 Michigan St - Ok here is the shocker...but hear me out....Michigan St. has looked very good...and just look at there schedule...if they can beat Iowa every game after words look easily winnable....and again Ohio St. has the tough schedule and could fall as soon as next week at Wisconsin. Im in no way saying Michigan St. is as good as Bama or even Oregon or Nebraska for that matter...but they could walk in if some dominoes fall as well.

here are my 3 options for you, including a shocker:

1. Ohio State. They are currently #2, and will SURELY go to #1 after Bama loses. They can pretty easily finish their season undefeated, which will guarantee them a berth in the BCS National Championship Game. Why can't it be them?

2. Boise State. This isn't about whether they SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be in it, but rather whether they CAN. They are currently ranked #4, and in my eyes should be #3 with Bama falling to at least #4 after losing. They won big today, and if they keep winning big, and if there is only 1 undefeated team, they could have a chance to be in the National Championship Game. Again, I'm not saying they SHOULD or SHOULDN'T be in it, but they could have a shot. And if they get a shot, they have proven that they can win BCS Bowl Games against major conference teams (like Oklahoma).

3. Alabama. Yeah, they lost today. Whoop dee friggin doo. They can still win the SEC Championship, and if there isn't 2 undefeated teams form power conferences, they will most likely be the top 1-loss team, giving them a berth in the BCS National Championship Game. 1 loss hurts your chances, but it doesn't kill an SEC team, since the SEC is thought of as this super-duper unstoppable power conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back