• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non-Televised Match: Tag Team Contenders Open Challenge Battle Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
The Forgotten Powers submitted a request to Chuck Myles last week demanding to provide them some competition for them after their defeat of Paradyse Cruz last week. As no new team submitted themselves, a resulting Battle Royal has been created to create new challengers for the Champions at Apocalypse.

This has been opened to anyone who is not a champion; receiving a title shot; or involved in heavy affairs within the company. So if you fancy having an opportunity at the Tag Team Championships with an unknown partner, sign up and survive to the last two to receive your title shot.

Deadline is Tuesday 19th July 23:59 EST

New Applicants in Development are eligible to compete in this match

If you're unsure as to whether you are enabled to participate, PM a Creative Member

Anderson: Here are your winners, Titus and the WZCW Mayhem Champion Alex BOWEN!

Connor: What a great win for Bowen here tonight, taking down another possible Mayhem challenger in the process.

Titus and Bowen celebrate in the ring as Baez shrugs and head up the ramp without a care in the world as Nnamdi pulls Shabba to the outside to try and revive him.

Cohen: I hope the King is okay!...

Backstage at Ascension we see Baez walking through the curtain seemingly unflinched by his recent loss. He walks into the locker room and grabs a towel to clean himself up in a very peaceful manner. He also picks out his wallet and plucks out a dollar bill from it. Towel over head, Baez walks off to the nearest vending machine. This narrator wonders "is he going to speak"? Given how calm he looks, I doubt it. The vending machine clicks and out tumbles a bottle of water. Towel still over head, Baez removes his mask to drink the water properly. Still all in silence. After finishing, he puts on his mask again and tosses the bottle of water in the trash before once again walking off. However... holy tension Batman! Something can be overheard. And Baez slows his pace taking notice to this noise.

We go backstage where Becky Serra is standing by with Alex Bowen and Titus. Bowen has the Mayhem title draped over his shoulder.

Becky: I'm here with Titus and the Mayhem Champion Alex Bowen. Tonight you two face off with Baez and King Shabba. Any thoughts going into this match up?

Bowen: It's no secret I want to break Baez's record for longest Mayhem reign, and this is a good test for me if I can do that. While I'm not facing him one on one, a victory over him in any fashion will go a long way for me.

Titus: As for Shabba, I've done my research on the Republic of Zimbabwe, I think Mr. Shabba has some explaining to do.

Becky: What do you mean by that?

Titus: Listen once more, he's king of the Republic of Zimbabwe. I didn't know republics had monarchies Becky. But that's beside the point. Bowen and I are going out there and kick their asses all around this great arena!

Bowen: Oh and Baez, you couldn't hold a candle to the original masked man of WZCW.

Titus: Bowen! Let us go defeat tyranny and squash evil dead in its tracks.

The two men walk off as Becky looks on confused. We cut to a recap of Meltdown before going to commercial.

Baez still seems to be standing still with a lowered head. One has to wonder if he's pondering on what he just heard. He slowly walks towards were the interview was coming from. He gains more speed almost like he's on a hurry. Nearly running door by door and eventually...

What a surprise! It's Baez. Long time, no see.

Ugh. It's Chuck Myles. Spewing out words with utter sarcasm. A TV can be seen on the side running Ascension on delay. It's pretty obvious he played it on purpose.

Titus said what?

Tha... That caught your attention? Really? How so?

I heard him right, didn't I?

About you not holding a candle to him? Why yes he did.

He really is a delusional twat.

Harsh words. You plan to do something about it?

Maybe. What's it to ya?

What's it to me? What's it to me? Well, I'm the guy who could get it done for you, don't you know?

Buddy, I may be out of my closet, but that doesn't mean I bat for that team.

YOU IDIOT!! I'M NOT FLIRTING WITH YOU!! Now tell me.. What do you want?

A Blu-Ray to play my new collection of Power Rangers.

Myles gives himself a hard face-palm. Hell, it's so hard, he accidentally hit his nose and is even bleeding from it now. Whoops.

You want Titus in a match, don't you?

I do? When did I say that?

You've been insinuating it for a good while now.

I have? I don't recall.

He's taunting you. Aren't you gonna fight back?

What'd he say?

About being a better masked wrestler than you.

He said that?

Yes.

Why?

Because he's a cocky punk.

But he's old.

What's your point?

What's your point?

What?

You clearly want me to fight Titus. Why?

No I don't.

Don't play stupid with me, Chuckie. Titus never said that. Bowen did. Why else would you try to aggravate me? You want something out of this. You want friction. For what reason?

None in particular. This isn't my show. I just wanted to stir some pots.

Too bad I'm a pan, not a pot. You'll just spill everything out until there's nothing. What I think about Titus is none of your damn business. If you aren't gonna book me in a match, get the hell out of my face and go be annoying somewhere else. You bored? Here.

Baez hands over the towel he had and drapes it over a bewildered Chuckie.

Skip rope with it, do a stripper dance with it or go whip people in the ass with it. Just get the hell out of my face.

Baez turns around. Almost erasing Myles away like a Koopa on Super Mario Bros. But he's quick to find someone new to "play" with.

JESUS!!

Baez nearly jumps. Startled by turning around to find Vance Bateman in his face. His grey complexity seemed to scare Baez.

Oh, hello Baez. Nice running into you here. Hey who were you talking to?

Baez turns around to see Chuck Myles did indeed pull a Houdini.

Nevermind. I've got some stuff I wanted to ask from you. First off, pity about your match just now.

No issue. I got paid. Say, you wouldn't happen to have a spare Blu-Ray would you?

Umm... No.

Damn...

Anyway, I already have some matches for next weeks show and you're on mine. Next week you'll be wrestling... Wasabi Toyota.

I'd personally prefer Sake Mitsubishi, but fine.

But what I was really interested in offering you was the opportunity to wrestle for the WZCW Tag Team Championship.

Go on.

See, it's a Battle Royal where the last two men are granted a title shot.

Go on.

I was wondering if you could enter.

Go on.

I just love the idea of having fresh but well established wrestlers in the division and you fit the bill perfectly.

Go on.

Ummm.... That's it.

Go... I just liked how you were praising me. Tag teaming, huh? I just got off a really lousy one now. I'm not feeling the vibe.

I'll get you a Blu-Ray.

SOLD!

Great! Here's the date and location for the match. I'll have the Blu-Ray sent via UPS. Thanks and good luck.

A Blu-Ray. AWESOME!! I wonder who would I end up with? More importantly, what the hell would I call the team?

Baez begins walking around towards a hall as he thinks rather loudly about his new task.

Masked Justice!

Big Guy And Masky!

Pizza Express!

The Weirdo's!

Politically Incorrect!

Kickassery Powertrip!

Wait, wait. The Awesome Twosome.

Perfect.

Stan Rogers
Tag In, Tag Out

Stan Rogers sits on a battered, brown leather couch. His dark blue suit with an open neck shirt makes a change from his regular outfit of black trunks and black boots. Streams of light come through the window in gaps and reflect off the pastel yellow walls. The internationally renowned wrestler talks to his agent and confidant Alex Brigstocke, who is sat behind a video camera which is emitting a faint electrical hum.

“So you didn’t win at the house show battle royale...”

“Thanks for reminding me.”

“You didn’t win, but they’ve invited you back to be another battle royale. That says a lot. Now let’s do this promo and you’ll be in WZCW in no time.”

Brigstocke’s optimism clearly isn’t rubbing off on Stan. But then again, it never has.

“I’ve done some things in my career. I’ve won world titles. I’ve been to the Olympics. I’ve wrestled a bear. But I have never been made to try-out twice for a promotion.“

“Look, all you need to do is cut a promo for the WZCW executives. They wanted to see how you talk.”

“When?”

“Now.”

“But they aren’t here.”

“Yes, we’re going to record you.”

“Oh, OK. Like the Fireside Chats, right?”

“Um, yeah. But it won’t be on the radio. We’re going to film you.”

“With what?”

“With this camera.”

“Oh yeah. So what do I say?”

“Just talk about your opponents in the battle royale. Talk them down. Talk yourself up.”

“Are you telling me how to cut a promo, kid?”

“Of course not, Stan. I wouldn't dream of it. The thing is, they told me that you need to do it like you would be talking to your fans.”

“But the fans aren’t going to see it?”

“Exactly.”

“You have no idea how stupid that sounds, son...”

“Stupid it may be, but this is how you’re going to get into the promotion. So, are you ready? Go!”

“Hello fans, I’m Stan Rogers.”

“Cut!”

“What the hell, son? I was on a roll.”

“You’re way too formal. Address the “fans” like you would a friend. OK?”

“OK.”

“OK and... go!”

“Hello friends, I’m Stan Rog-“

“No! Right, OK Stan. How about you open with a nickname for the “fans”? It could really put you over with the WZCW brass. They love that kind of fan interaction.”

“What do you mean a nickname?”

“Like a collective term for your fans. How about “Stanfans”?”

“That best be a joke, son.”

“Alright Stan, how about you actually open with a joke?”

“This is pro wrestling, kid. There ain’t no jokes when it comes to pro wrestling. With the obvious exception of Ricky Runn and the rest of these chumps in the battle royale.”

“Stan, that’s perfect! Open with that!”

“With what?”

“With what you just said.”

“Oh, OK.”

Stan clears his throat, looks into the camera and begins.

“Back when I was just a boy, my father taught me everything he knew about this business. He taught me valuable lessons. He taught me what pro wrestling is, and what pro wrestling isn’t. One thing that he made clear was that there are no jokes in professional wrestling. Well, with the exception of Ricky Runn and all of the other chumps in the WZCW contract battle royale.”

Stan Rogers’ eyes briefly flicker above the camera to look at Brigstocke nodding his head and giving a “thumbs-up”.

“I’ve done this stuff for longer than I care to remember. I’ve broken bones that I didn’t even know I had. And why? Because I love this business. I respect this business. I put my body on the line, each and every night for this business. So let me tell you why wrestling matters to me.”

“OK Stan, let me just stop you there. It’s good, but it’s a little generic don’t you think?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, all you’ve done is spout some meaningless words and clichés with no real connection to one another.”

“But that’s what they want.”

“I don’t think it is. Look, focus more on the match and your opponents. Remember, if you do win, you’re going to be teaming with one the other wrestlers.”

“I’M WHAT NOW?!”

“You’re going to team with one of the other wrestlers and get a tag team championship shot. Did I not tell you this?”

“No! You did not! You know how much I hate teaming with people. You do know what happened in my last tag team, don’t you?”

“I know, you punched your partner Lou Thesz and weren’t allowed back in the NWA for 12 years. But this could be your big break, and that’s more important than your aversion to tag team wrestling. Imagine becoming a champion within weeks of your debut. Tempting, no?”

Some of Stan’s anger slowly begins to disappear.

“Well, well it is tempting. But who would I be teaming with? Who else is in the battle royale?

“Funny you should say that, because the world-famous Titus has just announced that he’ll be a part of it.”

“Wasn’t he an actor?”

“Yep.”

“Pfft. Actors...”

“He was also world champion, Stan. Don’t write him off completely.”

“You’ve just described David Arquette. Is there anyone actually good?”

Brigstocke fumbles over his words, somewhat astonished that Rogers just pulled out a turn-of-the-century WCW reference.

“Um, well... erm... th-there’s Creed, Hawke, JT Brooks and others. Basically the guys you met last time.”

“I said “good”. There’s a reason they didn’t win the battle royale.”

“You didn’t win either.”

“Do you want me to come over there and stretch you out, son? Because I will.”

Being one of the few men in the world who don’t flinch at a Stan Rogers threat, Brigstocke simply shrugs it off.

“OK, let’s just knock this promo out. Put more emphasis on your opponents and the match and you’ll be fine. Are you ready?”

“Come on, I was born ready.”

And Stan Rogers wasn’t lying. He was ready for the promo that he cut and he will be ready for the battle royale. He will be ready for a WZCW Tag Team Championship opportunity. And he will be ready for a long and successful career in WrestleZone Championship Wrestling. For he is Stan Rogers, internationally renowned wrestler and quite possibly, the greatest strongman that ever lived.​

Ricky and his agent Robert are above Keystone city in an airplane. After his loss at the last house show Ricky needed to blow off some steam, and in his mind, what better way than to jump out of an airplane flying 5280 feet above the air! Ricky loved performing high adrenaline stunts, weather it’d be sky diving, base jumping, water-sking while being chased by sharks. He did it all and it was all a blast for him.

Ricky’s agent, Robert was trembling violently inside the airplane. Ricky on the other hand, looked outside of the plane; his hand gripped the safety rail as he waited for the plane to get a mile above the ground. He was a tall, frail man. His hair was kept short and clean cut, much unlike his client, Ricky. Robert stood up and walked over to Ricky, his hands firmly gripping the safety rail. Robert kept his steps slow and cautious and shouted over the Plane turbine.

“Are you sure this is a good idea!??”

Ricky turned back to his agent; he could barely hear over the plane and shouted back

“What!? This is a great idea!”

“Shouldn’t you be training for the next house show!? Don’t you want a contract!!?”

“WHAT!?”

“Don’t you think you should Wha-!!!”

Ricky grinned as he grabbed his agent and threw him off the plane with him. The two began quickly descending. Robert let out a high-pitched shrill as they fell from the plane. Ricky on the other hand scream loudly in excitement, adrenaline filling his veins as he did several flips in the air. Robert kept his arms and legs open apart, doing his best to slow himself down. He looked over to Ricky to see him oddly enjoying himself. Then Robert’s phone began to vibrate, he looked down and answered the phone with his Bluetooth, it was Robert’s secretary. He started screaming into the mic

“Yes!? Hello!? Mhhm… Wait! Battle Royal!? For a championship match!? I’ll call you back

He hangs up the phone and looks over to Ricky, who was now doing backstrokes towards Robert and said casually.

“Soo what’s the scoop Agent Rob!? What was so important that you were called during our free fall?

“I will tell you when we get down!”

Ricky, again grinned and leaned closer and ask loudly

“What!? I can’t hear you!”

”I will tell y- AHH!”

Ricky grinned and laughed as he pulled Robert’s release for his parachute causing him to be yanked up by the chute. Ricky smiled and did a few back flips before releasing his own chute. Once Ricky and Rob were low enough to the ground where they can speak Rob was clearly upset with the whole ordeal and said unsettling.

“You like to scare the hell out of me with your stupid stunts don’t you?”

“Well don’t complain that we never get to have any fun”

“I never said we don’t have fun, I said that you need to learn a new kind of fun that doesn’t involve near death situations.”

“Yeah yeah whatever…So you said you had something important to say?

After the two hit the ground both began removing their parachutes, Ricky was quick to remove his. Once his chute was removed Ricky packed it into the back of the truck. Once his agent got into the driver seat they began driving back to the hotel Robert looked over to Ricky and said casually

“Okay now that we are not in any imminent danger I got a call from my secretary, there is another battle-royal match tonight, the top two superstars will get not only get contract’s but also get a championship match against the tag champs, The Forgotten Powers. “

“So all I need to do is not getting thrown over the top…This time I should be good.

“You said that the last time. Then you hired me, I am saying you should prepare for the match, get a good night’s sleep.”

“Well if the chumps who got a contract last week, then tonight I have to win this match

“That is your problem Ricky, you underestimate every situation you’re in and you underestimate everyone you are in the ring with. You need to change that mode of thought.

“Eh whatever bro, you need to chill. I can hold my own in the ring…Do we know who is in the match?

“I have no idea; I just caught wind of this just now. I told my secretary to sign you up.

“Alright, I guess I can relax for the rest of the night.”

“Finally he gets it…One night where you don’t jump from the top of a hotel floor into a pool, or one night where you don’t challenge the Hooter girls to a mud wrestling match. Or go down a black diamond on one ski…

“I’d better win this time if I don’t do anything fun tonight. God forbid I have to compete for a third time for a contract.

Once the two reached the hotel, Ricky sighed and left the car. One night spent relaxing and preparing for a match. Ricky couldn’t handle that. Ricky nabbed the parachute bag from the bag and sneaked it in with him into the elevator to their room. At each floor in the hotel overlooked the pool, Ricky’s eyes widened as an idea came to his mind. Robert clicked the button for the 10th floor, after he did that he looked out of the windowed elevator and said to himself, speaking aloud proudly.

“Tomorrow I will have my first client in WZCW, then, world champion!

When Robert turned around Ricky placed on his parachute on his back and waited in utter excitement. When the bell dinged Robert was about to turn around and was about to congratulate Ricky’s resolve until he saw Ricky sprinting out of the Elevator and straight out of the balcony and sighed to himself.

“He is never going to learn is he?...”

And with that Ricky jumped off the balcony and released his parachute and floated into the pool screaming.

"Ahhhh yeah baby!"

Scene opens with Jackson’s Contract Battle Royal playing on a television, Jackson sitting in front of the monitor talking about the match as if it is a director’s commentary.

Jackson: At this point everyone involved in the match all sided against me, it was like one against 12, I couldn’t even get the referees to call it down the middle, but like the true champion that I am, I kept fighting against all the odds. Here I go for…

Jackson is cut off as Johnny Klamor walks through the door without knocking, followed by a cameraman. Johnny walks over to Jackson as he stands from his chair.

Jackson: What do you think you are doing? What makes you think that you can rush in here while I am busy doing what everyone wants me to do? I am trying to help this company by being gracious enough to spend what little free time I have by giving commentary for the inevitable Jackson Williams documentary.

Johnny: Jackson, we are here because we would like to get a word on the huge upcoming dark match, and the possibility that you could earn a shot at WZCW gold before you are even officially employed by the company.

Jackson: What do you mean dark match? Surely WZCW is falling over themselves to sign me now, did they not watch the battle royal? I single handedly dominated that match until everyone else started working together to get me out.

Johnny: But in the end, you lost, and that makes you a loser. Now it’s time to move on from your losing ways, so tell me, what are your thoughts on the battle royal? Who do you hope is your partner if you win?

Jackson: I get it now; I see why WZCW is doing these silly little games with me instead of putting me at the top where I belong. They would love for me to take a worthless partner out of this battle royal to the top with me, give him some credibility, and do all the work for him so that he can call himself a champion. Is it worth the risk WZCW? Is it worth the brightest prospect ever to just walk away from WZCW?

Johnny: You have lost your first and only battle royal here in WZCW, what makes you so confident that you will be able to win this one? The first one only had up and comers such as yourself, this one has established wrestlers from the WZCW main card in it as well.

Jackson: I’m going to be even smarter. I’m going to take out the others quicker than I did last time, no playing around and trying to embarrass them. Maybe I’ll even eliminate the last two at the same time so that I can go on and win the tag titles by myself. By the way, who are the tag team champions at the moment?

Johnny: Surely even you know that the current tag team champions are The Forgotten…

Jackson: Exactly, you’ve even forgotten who they are, because nobody cares about them or the titles at the moment, but when I single handedly take the titles from them, everyone will remember who the champion is. By the way, if I must have a partner, I have a good name for us, “Jackson Williams and his fortunate Partner.” I mean, how much better of a name is possible?

Johnny: Well it’s apparent that confidence is no issue for you going into this match; even though you have a winning percentage of zero percent, perhaps maybe you can do better in this matchup then last time? I know everyone is waiting to see you perform as great as you talk yourself up.

Jackson glares as Johnny turns and walks from the room, as the door shuts Jackson slowly sits back down and hits play on the remote and begins to commentate on the previous WZCW contract battle royal, he can be heard talking as the camera goes dark.

Jackson: Here is where every other competitor, even the ones that I had already eliminated are struggling to eliminate me….​

Ewan is seen seated on his couch, wearing athletic shorts, and no more. He is watching tapes. When the camera pans, we see that the tapes are actually a taping of the House Show Battle Royal, which he lost in disappointing fashion. He starts to speak to himself...

So basically, I lost to a bunch of freak shows who can't wrestle. I mean, I look at some of these guys, and I wonder where they got the thought that they can ever run with me. But, where did I go wrong? I've been doing this all my life. Wrestling, no matter what form of it, has been in my life as long as I can remember. How did I lose...

Ewan! Kid, get your ass in here!

Ewan jumps from the couch and runs hastily to the dining room, where his father stands in the archway. He looks to the side to see a woman, the same one who he met at the bar, wearing not much, her undergarments and Ewan's robe.

Who in the blue hell is this, boy?

Remember when you told me to go to the bar and meet a woman?

What of it?

Ewan calmly motions to the woman, signaling to his father that she is the woman he met.

Oh. Well where are your manners? Introduce your old man!

Cindy, this is my dad, Jeff. Dad, Cindy.

He walks over to her and shakes her hand firmly. She grimaces slightly, but manages a smile.

Pleasure to meet you, Cindy.

You too, Jeff. Or would you prefer Mr. Kampa?

Oh no. Jeff is fine. Mr. Kampa makes me sound old.

She manages a chuckle, and gives Ewan a look as she says...

Umm, Ewan, I'm just gonna head back up to your room for a while, if that's okay with you...

Sure thing.

She makes her way up the stairs to his room, and Ewan and his father sit down at the table.

So, you actually met a lady, huh? You know I was kidding, right?

I figured you were. But I went, and we just really hit it off. I was sitting at the table, and she walked right over and introduced herself. I took it as she was interested. She went to the House Show to see me.

House Show?

His father gives him a look of confusion.

WrestleZone Championship Wrestling, dad. We talked about it.

Oh, right, right. New York and whatnot.

Yeah. I've been meaning to talk to you about that.

What of it?

The look on Ewan's face goes from one of confidence to one of disdain.

Well, I lost.

So you're giving up?

Hell no! There's an open challenge this week. If I impress, I can get a contract. And if I win, I get a tag team title shot with whatever person comes out of there with me.

So you're moving out?

Did you see my new truck in the driveway?

Yeah.

Did you see my boxes in it.

There are boxes in it?

Jeff gets to his feet and walks over to the window.

Aw, hell. You're moving out.

Got an apartment in Albany.

Well, I guess I can say I'm proud for you.

Are you gonna watch me when I make it this time?

On the TV? What else am I supposed to do when I stay home and pop a Bud?

The men share a laugh, and Ewan heads to his room.

---------------------------------------------

We cut again to a scene in the pickup truck containing all of Ewan's things. He's seated in the drivers seat with the girl in the passenger seat. They've just taken off on the road...

You mind if we stop somewhere?

It's okay. Where?

Just an old, uh, friend's house.

Alright.

They pull up to an old looking shack-like house with a small junker car in the drive.

You can just wait here.

She does as told, and he makes his way to the building. He knocks on the door; no answer. He knocks again, with an older man answering it.

Ewan! What brings you here?!

Just hitting the road to go to Albany.

Minnesota?

New York.

No kidding?! What for?

Remember how when you trained me, you said I'd make it big one day? Well I'm moving closer to the big companies. I've got a match this week! Not only can I get a contract, I can get a tag team title match!

Congratulations. So why'd you stop here?

Just wanted to wish you and your wife well.

That's awful kind. I reckon you better be on your way though. Hell of a drive to New York.

See you later.

The man waves, as Ewan goes back to the truck. He starts driving off, and Cindy asks...

Who was he?

That guy is the guy who got me interested in professional wrestling. His wife is sick, and I wanted to give good wishes.

So nice of you.

She smiles and grabs his free hand, which rests on the center console. They hit the road for a lengthy drive from Minnesota to New York.

---------------------------------------------

We again see the couple seated in the truck, pulling into a parking lot. The surrounding city is large and populated. Ewan's truck looks blaringly out of place. They get out and grab the bags from the bed of the pickup.

Well, here we are.

Home, sweet...apartment.

It'll do for now. We can't afford a house.

They go up the stairs and to the room, which they received a key for in the mail. They enter the apartment, and find it's very nice and cozy.

Well, you don't find places like this in Elgin.

You don't find apartments in Elgin.

They let out a collective laugh and set the bags down. They spend time unpacking, and by night, are seen resting on a mattress on the floor of the living room.

I got a game to play.

And what might that be?

Well, you know how you have to do interviews for wrestling and stuff?

Yeah, what of it?

I'll help you practice one.

She gets a childish smirk on her face, and grabs a hairbrush from her bag. She coughs a few times, clearing her throat playingly. Kampa laughs.

Why hello there, Mister Ewan Kampa. May I bother your for a few questions?

He lets out a light laugh.

Why, yes you can, Miss Interviewer.

What can you tell me about your match a few weeks ago for a contract with WrestleZone Championship Wrestling?

Well, I was awfully confident in my abilities, but for some reason I couldn't win. I learned a lot about the professional wrestling business though. I learned that just being athletic doesn't get you places. You have to have ring presence, eyes on the back of your head, and pure heart.

What about your opponents?

Amateurs. Pure amateurs. Some were trying to look cool, some were trying to pander to the fans. That's not what it's about. It's about winning. You shouldn't be trying to be flashy or friendly. You just need to impress with your ability to win. I didn't do that last time, but dammit, I'm gonna this time.

That leads me to this. What about this week?

It's interesting. If I impress the company, I get a contract. If I win, not only do I get a contract, but I get a title shot for the tag team championships with whoever finishes second.

Finishes second?

We all know that if I get that title shot, I could've easily been the lone winner. So yes, They'll be second. All I have to beat is the rest of those amateurs and get my contract and title shot. Then it's a swift road to wearing gold in WZCW. We all know I can wrestle collegiately. I mean, I'm a 3 time State Champ, a 2 time NCAA Champion, and 3 time All-American. Now, what I have to do is adapt to this style, adapt to the ropes, the turnbuckles, and there it is, WZCW Tag Team Champ. Just you watch. I'll be in WZCW in no time.

Thank you for your time.

They laugh, breaking their assumed "character." She hugs him and says...

You know, you got so serious, I thought you meant it.

I wasn't supposed to mean it? Where's the logic in that?

Oh. Well, good to know.

They lie back on the mattress again and take some sleeping time.

Fade to black...

The scene opens in a backstage area. Showtime David Cougar dressed in usual business attire. He is sitting down and looks to have been pondering something. He breaks the silence.

Cougar: Okay, go over with me one more time the qualifications of this match.

The camera pans out to reveal Showtime is sitting with Leon Kensworth who reads from a piece of paper.

Leon: Open to anyone who is not a champion.

Should be, but so far good.

Who is not receiving a title shot.

Again should be but still good.

And is not involved in heavy affairs within the company.

Ahhh shit Leon. I knew sleeping with Stacey Madison would bite me back again, literally and figuratively.

Show... I think...

I mean look what happens... you engage in sexual relations with a co-worker once, and then they're calling you at all hours of the night, messaging you on facebook...

Showtime...

And you know you just want to say no and drop them nice and easy, but damn some of those crazy girls are fine and just want it all the time.

David...

You know Leon she does this crazy thing with her...

Showtime enough! I think they are referring to if you are involved in a high profile feud. Like Hunter and Big Dave over KFAD.

Showtime stops and ponders for a moment.

So... you don't think they might mean any sort of crazy, wild, sexual affairs with say half the female employees in WZCW.

Showtime... haha... you don't really mean to tell me you've slept with that many women here in WZCW.

No... of course not... but if I were you Leon... I'd still wipe down that desk you sometimes use to do work on. Follow me.

Showtime pats the shoulder of Leon as he gets up and walks away. Leon laughs, thinking Showtime is joking. He is leaning up against that very same desk and then puts his hand on the wood a sniffs it. A shocked look appears on his face as he tries to wipe his hand while catching up to Showtime.

While I am heavily invested in seeing where the Ty Burna and Austin Reynolds match goes, so far I have no potential match up for Apocalypse. As the man in charge of writing WZCW into the future I think it would be wise to write out a chapter about how I conquered and saved the tag team division. Wouldn't you agree Leon?

I know better than to disagree with you Showtime.

Excellent! Here now take this list, we’re going to meet up with potential partners.

Showtime and Leon walk down a hallway and enter a large dressing room that is filled with many of the new stars of WZCW

First I have to scout out potential partners that I could take with me to the final two. I need to find someone who is fairly new to the roster and wont get in my way in the tag team match. Leon who is the first guy I have on my list, Saboteur right?

A Mr. Sabo Tuer.

Yea that’s what I said, Saboteur.

I believe they’re two separate names. Sabo is his first and Tuer is his last.

Jesus. Well what can you tell me about him?

He’s an assassin... but not a very good one. He also wears a mask at all times.

This guy a member of Cobra Command?

He probably fantasizes about it.

Showtime and Leon walk up behind a black suited individual in the locker room area.

Hey Sabo.

The figure doesn’t acknowledge Showtime at first.

Mr. Tuer?

The figure continues to rummage through his bag.

Unbelievable. SABOTUER!

The figure jumps up startled and then turns and starts swinging his arms.

Saboteur: Who’s there? What are you after? I can take you. You’ll never find out where it’s hidden.

Whoa easy there, Saboteur. I’m not here to harm you. My name is Showtime.

And what is it you’re after then. Hmm. Money? Women?... Men...?

Showtime and Leon look at each other for a moment in wonderment at this individual.

Oh wait. You said you’re name is Showtime. I know what you’re after. You want me to take out that Ty Burna for you once and for all. Don’t worry, I am an amazing hit man.

Sabotuer pulls out a gun and starts twirling it in his hand. The gun suddenly slips from his hand. The gun fires upon impact with the ground, grazing Leon’s shoe. A ghostly white look appears on Leon’s face.

Why don’t you walk this one off Leon?

Leon slowly limps away, using his one foot as little as possible despite not being hit.

Well...

Just a display of my talented marksmanship. Had I aimed on him. Boom. At least you know I can take somebody out just like that. I’m very stealthy.

Sabotuer... enough. I’m just introducing myself to members of the roster in hopes that I can find someone who would make a perfect tag team partner and help me be part of the final 2 in the battle royale match.

Oh... so how did I do?

We’ll call you.

Excellent. That’s how most of my assignments start.

Showtime nods at Sabotuer and fakes smiles as he joins Leon on the other side of the room.

And people call me a whack job.

Showtime you have no idea the kind of weirdos WZCW employs.

Ok, hopefully the next one is a bit more sane. Who’s next on the list.

Jack Skinner. He’s a respected wrestling journalist.

Journalist? Well I guess at the very least he can write some positive reviews about me.

Ha... not from this smark.

Excuse me lad, you must be Jack.

Jack Skinner turns around and sarcastically puts his arms up in sarcastic joy.

Skinner: Well I’ll be, Showtime David Cougar. Am I on TV Mr. Cougar? Have they just got you doing little candid videos in WZCW nowadays? Haha all kidding aisde Jack Skinner, WZCW’s newest star.

Showtime shakes Jack Skinners hand.

Jack Skinner, you look like..... a journalist?

Excellent observation. Exactly what I’d expect from these boneheaded wrestlers of todays erahahahah.

Showtime squeezes Jack’s hand at the snide remark, causing Jack to cry out in pain before Showtime lets go.

What I simply meant by it Jack is you don’t appear very built like a wrestler. You know I heard you did really well in the contract match, you even eliminated someone to get into the final two.

Scumm.

I beg your pardon.

Scumm.

I know what he called me Leon, I’m asking him why he said that.

No, Johnny Scumm the wrestler.

There’s a wrestler named Scumm?

He’s our third on the list.

Yes I eliminated old Scummy, but don’t ask me how. Must’ve been these magic pipes.

Skinner goes to kiss them.

It all happened so fast.

What do you mean?

Well I threw a punch at this Stan Rogers fellow and what do you know it, the man doesn’t have a clue how to wrestle as he didn’t go flying over the ropes. He just stood there and didn’t move. Worse was when Jackson Williams clumsily threw me over his shoulders and almost over the ropes. No wonder they didn’t receive contracts.

Yes..... inexperience does lead to bad wrestling. Listen Jack, I’m scouting potential partners for the number one contenders battle royale.

Count me out. I’m not doing another battle royale ever again in this company. Nobody does what their supposed to out there. Nobody fell. They could’ve seriously hurt me... Besides, I already got a tag match this week verse the Tag Champs. If me and my partner Black Mask win, we just might be the team you’ll be facing.

A smile curls up on Showtime’s face.

You know what Jack you are absolutely right. We don’t need to risk you getting hurt out there. You are far too valuable to lose in this company. You just focus on your match and winning it. Best of luck to you.

Showtime and Leon casually walk off.

Never in a million years... but I hope he wins the tag gold. Makes my task easy... in fact I could probably do it on my own.

Here’s our next man Showtime, Johnny Scumm.

They stand behind Johnny Scumm who turns and nods to them. Showtime leans closer so only Scumm will hear.

You were eliminated by that pathetic runt Jack Skinner. You’re scum to me.

Showtime nods and then walks away. Leon apologies for Showtime and then quickly catches up.

I think we’re done here Leon.

But, we still have more than half the list to go.

Right, but this is a battle royale match.

Correct.

And the last 2 people left get a shot at the tag team titles. So the person I chose to be my partner might not even make it to the final 2 with me. Hell I might turn on him if I like my alternative choice.

Leon, as the Show man that I am. As the leading innovator of entertainment and the greatest performer in WZCW I owe it to my viewers to turn this slobber knocker battle royale into a great wrestling match and not only will I do that, I will also survive 8 maybe 12 different opponents, out last them all, and be part of the final 2 and go on face the tag team champions, whoever they may be, the currents ones name has me at a blank. I cannot for the life of me remember who they are what they have in them that made them win the tag titles.

Regardless, it doesn’t matter if my partner is Baez or The Agony, I will be victorious then just as I will be victorious in this match. Now let’s go.

Showtime and Leon go to leave the locker room. Before they do, Black Dragon enters the room. Showtime stops beside him and gives him an odd glance.

Have... have we met before?

Dragon: No... I can assure you we have not.

I feel like... we’ve fought before.

Maybe... or maybe we will one day.

Black Dragon turns his head sharply to face Showtime. Showtime nods in respect back.

Good luck with Skinner. You’ll need it with that clown.

Showtime pats Dragon on the shoulder as he leaves the locker room.

The shot is outside, it's a sunny day where above you can see a sky diver, who the sky diver is we don't know, but I'm sure someone will tell that story. The shot is a lake in Keystone City, it's a small lake but at the side sat on a rock is Titus. He's fishing and wearing green for some reason.

Titus: Ah what a blissful day here at the lake, I love coming here and just escape it all.

Off camera you hear a voice, it's the voice of a child.

Child: Daddy he's there, can I go talk to him?

Father: I'm sure he just wants to be by himself.

Child: But Daddy I just want to ask him one question!

Titus puts his rod down and turns to the father.

Titus: Don't worry about it, it doesn't bother me at all.

The father mouths a thank you towards Titus.

Titus: So hello there young man, what's your name?

Child: It's Jimmy sir.

Titus: Ah that's a good name, my dad's called Jimmy. Though I don't call him Jimmy, if I do I get grounded.

Child: You still get grounded?

Titus: For sure I do, your parents are important people you should always do what they say.

Child: Gee thanks, I will!

Titus: Now didn't you have a question for me?

Child: Yeah, my Dad bought me the WZCW cards and I got the ultra rare Titus one. Will you sign it?

Titus: Definitely.

The child hands the WZCW card to Titus, Titus signs it without looking as the father and child walk off.

Child: WOW Dad he signed it.

Father: I'm quite surprised about that to be honest.

Child: Why? He's super cool

Father: It shows his weakness.

The camera zooms in on the card.

tituspokecard.jpg

The shot is inside, ahead you see a target and arrows flying into it.

Titus: Ah I'm sure this will be more relaxing than fishing. Plus I get the whole place to myself, aside from the guy who owns this joint.

Titus faces the young man.

Titus: Hey Greg!

Greg: How can you update your Twitter and practice archery at the same time?

Titus: What?

Greg: Come have a look.

The camera zooms in on the laptop.

titustweet.jpg

Titus: What on Earth? I'm going to kill Keith.

Another quick shot shows Titus stood opposite Keith Fitt, Titus' personal trainer and long standing friend.

Titus: Tag team title battle royale?

Keith: Yeah it makes perfect sense.

Titus: But I'm fighting Hunter this week.

Keith: You're also in a battle royale. Imagine if you win, can you just feel the money?

Titus: You think I care about the money? I had Four Oscars by the age of 25, I'm a former World Champion as well as one of the best ever in the Elite X Division.

Keith pauses and stumbles his next few words.

Keith: How about erm, that's it. What's the only thing better than one Titus?

Titus: I don't know.

Keith: Two Titus'!

Titus: Like Red Mask?

Keith: Well...no

Titus: Or Tommy Gunn?

Keith: Good grief no! I'm talking about you mentor someone and getting fresh young WZCW blood on your side.

Titus: Most of them respect me.

Keith: The rest think you're washed up. They're right, you're terrible at tag team matches and your biggest wins since your return have been close flukes! I knew you wouldn't want to be the tag team champ. Average at best is what you are and you're scared of a challenge.

Titus: Challenge you say? I love challenges, count me in and lets see how this goes. On one condition....you buy me a Burger King!

Keith: OK sure, what is you want?

Titus: I quite fancy the King for a day meal.

Fade to black.

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.

Erich Fromm

The screen is black.

Gold….. gold can make a man do crazy things, and I find my self asking why? Why would I stick my nose in the affairs of couples, when I can seek my own on the path of a single? A foot in the door perhaps? Or am I just greedy beyond all measure?

The sound of cards being shuffled is heard, and the scene illuminates to Sam Masters sitting at a table in a white a tank-top and blue jeans. A smoky cigarette hangs from the end of his mouth as he shuffles a deck of cards. An ashtray sits on the table to his right.

Poker is an interesting game. It is often referred to as a game of luck, but those who know the game well will think otherwise. It’s not a coincidence that you see the same people every year competing for a poker championship. You have to know how to play the cards you are dealt. Sometimes you have to use the cards that no one else wants……

Sam shuffles the deck some more as four shadowy figures approach the table and take a seat. Sam is the only one who is in a visible light. All the others are dark figures in the scene.

Alright boys! Tonight’s game: Tag Team Contenders Open Challenge Battle Royal. We’re playing five card draw…. winner take all.

Sam deals out five cards to each figure and to himself. Sam sets the deck down and picks up his cards. The camera angle shows the back of the cards with Sam’s eyes leering over them at his opposing players at the table.

Alright boys. What do you have?

The figures lay their cards down with none of them having anything of real value. One figure, directly across from Sam, lays down a king.

King high, eh?

Sam looks at his cards peculiarly and pulls the cigarette out of his mouth and places it in the ashtray.

Damn, you got king high? Well I got a pair of twos!

Sam slams the pair on the table and the shadowy figures evaporate into grey smoke. The king card and the pair of twos are the only cards on the table now. A camera angle pans around the table as Sam places both his hands under his chin and looks at them with much interest.

It’s funny how a pair of lowly twos can beat a king. It’s funny how these cards were used to win me the gold, but yet I feel nothing for them. Nothing at all…

Sam leans over the table to look closer at the pair of twos. On the center of one of the twos is Sam’s face. On the other is a shifting image of multiple wrestlers on the WZCW roster. Sam grins and picks up the shifting card.

This…. This is the wild card. This is my *static* my *static* my tool. I’ll use it to win the pot, and then after I reap *static* reap *static* reap all that I can from it. I’ll dispose of it…

Sam grabs his cigarette from the ashtray and holds the bud up to the bottom-left corner of the card. The card begins to burn slowly and the camera angle transitions to a shot of Sam’s eyes. The fire from the card glimmers in his greedy pupils.

The screen goes black.

Alright boys. Tonight’s game: Tag Team Contenders Open Challenge Battle Royal.
Winner
*static* take all *static*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo