No wrestling on NXT last night, whats the point of NXT?

wrestlingking

now all we need is some rape bait!
So what was the point of having that last episode of NXT? There wasnt any wrestling at all. I thought NXT was about wrestling. Since they changed to the divas, there has been what, 3 matches total in 4 episodes? I feel dumb now after watching NXT seeing women pushing a midget in a wheelbarrow and making fun of eachother. That was 1 hour of my life wasted because WWE is boring these days. They should just cancel NXT, its not like anyone is actually going to sit and watch it online. NXT gets lower raitings than TNA Impact! WWE thinking having a divas season would bring up ratings, well that was a backfire because the ratings have only gone down. So much in fact the ratings went down, Syfy refused to renewthe contract for it.

So what do you all think about this?

So what was the point of having that last episode of NXT? There wasnt any wrestling at all. I thought NXT was about wrestling. Since they changed to the divas, there has been what, 3 matches total in 4 episodes? I feel dumb now after watching NXT seeing women pushing a midget in a wheelbarrow and making fun of eachother. That was 1 hour of my life wasted because WWE is boring these days. They should just cancel NXT, its not like anyone is actually going to sit and watch it online. NXT gets lower raitings than TNA Impact! WWE thinking having a divas season would bring up ratings, well that was a backfire because the ratings have only gone down. So much in fact the ratings went down, Syfy refused to renewthe contract for it.

So what do you all think about this?

For one thing choosing women was a logical choice as Vince already knew that SyFy would most likely choose to cancel NXT when Smackdown made the switch and figured that instead of chancing a cancellation that could kill a whole roster of potential future stars' momentum so instead chose to do an innovative Divas season because nobody ever really pays attention to them and no harm would come by pulling the plug on them. Also the roster is already in danger of becoming too big seeing as since the start of NXT there have been 16 new wrestlers brought up to the main roster and there is not enough space as it is for all of them, let alone another 8 guys that season 3 would have brought forth so all in all Vince made a smart move and was still able to get near Impact levels with a bunch of divas that never did jack shit aside from providing virgins everywhere with something to fap to.

Good riddance to a shit show! the 1st season was ok, the 2nd season was not nearly as appealing to me. and this season was just a joke!

I tuned into a few episodes of season 3, but even though there are a bunch of hot divas on there, their good looks were not nearly enough to make up for the face that this season is a total joke.

and, it made me look back on the 1st 2 seasons and what they have done for the WWE. sure season 1 gave us the nexus. and season 2 hasnt really produced much, other then Kaval hanging out with those two idiots Laycool, and Alex Riley being the miz's bootlicking lackey.

give up on the NXT idea, it was as bad as the XFL

The show was pretty pointless to me considering that the majority of the stars were too green to compete in the first place. The idea and the concept of the show wasn't bad, but when the show got away from wrestling and became more like a cheesy variety show with parlor tricks then it became a joke. The diva rookies didn't even wrestle last night. What does pushing Hornswoggle in a wheel barrow accomplish?

Being on WWE.com is the best thing for NXT at the moment. Bryan Danielson and Low Ki were the only refreshing parts about season 1 and 2. The divas show is beyond ridiculous. If everyone on the show has a WWE contract anyway, then what is the point of the show?

Hardly a bad thing that NXT didn't have anything of wrestling last night. It really wasn't a complete lack of waste, at least not comparable to some of the stuff we get to watch weekly in the divas division. The purpose of NXT, at least currently isn't as much as to establish the talents in the ring, as much as to expose them to us. They're doing well at that, and the reaction for some of the divas are rather good. Especially A.J and Jamie.

Let's face it, we don't like Diva wrestling. Why would it be such a heartbreaking thing that we didn't get to watch it last night then? There really shouldn't be any heartbreaking in it. Because like I said, the episode weren't all bad. There were some decent segments, as well as I have to admit I actually liked the Diss the Diva segment.

This is sort of a down the middle thing for me. I quite enjoyed Season One and Season two was decent but I wasn't really fond of the idea of an all woman's Season of NXT. I've not really watched very much of it so far but I did tune in last week to watch Punk behind the booth.

Now, onto last night’s edition. I heard Punk wasn't doing it so I decided not to tune in. I was a tad shocked by the fact that there were no matches last night but there's sort of a double edged sword for this situation. People will complain endlessly about Women's Wrestling simply because it's usually crap. Now that there was no wrestling, people are complaining. What do you want?

It's to be expected, the IWC has always been indecisive. As for NXT itself, I personally don't see it lasting past it's current season and if it does, it's because of the TV deals in place in Canada & the UK. It's served it's purpose and should now go before it becomes another failed experiment.

I agree. While I was a bit put off by the no wrestling last night, I do think that hour was a bit of a waste and feel a bit less intelligent watching those divas try to trash each other, I'm thinking that the generation today don't realize that they REALLY need to up their ante if they want to make it in today's business, if they think that walking around pretending to have a gi-normous bootie like Camel-toe, I mean Naomi, or always talking about how you never need caffeine and how much you like comic books, like AJ. Then you are in serious trouble if you think THAT is the cream of the crop for developmental divas. The only GOOD thing I can think of is that next Tuesday, I get to see the fight between Kaitlyn and Vickie LIVE in Topeka, and hope it will be good. Knowing WWE, and Vickie, it will probably involve Lay-cool somehow. But these divas are a milk and cookies version of 'attitude.'
Remember the good old days when Trish and Lita would trash each other like the old "Open your heart, just like you did your legs." line...who can forget that? I mean, even that Maxine didn't really do a good job and she's supposed to be the most heel one of the group...so I mean, I can kinda see why this went to WWE.com after all. I know there is a new 'family friendly' rating they are trying to keep, but no one really seems to be able to even come close to that line, forget wondering about the wrestling, where's the talent? Even when there is wrestling, the girls don't seem to know what to do. Like when it was the tag team of Naomi and Kelly vs Alicia and Maxine. Even after Kelly got the win on Alicia, Naomi still gets back in the ring and pummels on Maxine, not knowing the bell had already been rung to signal the end of the match!! :wtf: So...wouldn't anyone else be able to know its over? As much hope as I have for the divas division when I first heard of this, I really can't hold my breath any longer right now unless all those girls start shaping up, but who am I kidding? We all know sex sells and all these eye candy girls will end up with contracts anyhow, its ridiculous.

Well, really the only way they will have decent matches on NXT now is if it's Goldust vs. Primo or whatever in a mixed tag match. It is what it is. I enjoy the comedy provided by Cole. From a ratings standpoint it probably should have been a web show all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back