• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Out: Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Career Threating Match
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy

One night after stylin’ and profilin’ his way to victory over United States Champion Montel Vontavious Porter at Royal Rumble, Ric Flair accepted a challenge from Mr. Kennedy – and his sixth consecutive Career Threatening Match – at No Way Out.

As per WWE Chairman Vince McMahon’ s mandate last November, the legendary “Nature Boy” must retire following the next match he loses. Since then, however, Flair has defeated an array of Superstars, including WWE Champion Randy Orton, Umaga, Triple H, Raw GM William Regal, and most recently the loudmouthed MVP. Although Flair took care of business against the Franchise Playa, can he do the same against another competitor with a similar penchant for talking a big game?

Surely, Flair knows Mr. Kennedy is no slouch. The laundry list of former World Champions and future Hall of Famers he has defeated reads like a Who’s Who in WWE. Kane, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Batista and most recently Shawn Michaels, among others, have all tasted defeat at the hands of Raw’s outspoken Superstar. And now he is set out to do what MVP couldn’t accomplish at Royal Rumble. After defeating Brian Kendrick on Raw, Mr. Kennedy proclaimed, “At No Way Out, I will do something historic, something that no one has been able to do – end the career of Ric Flair.”

Now used to dealing with loudmouthed challengers looking to make a name for themselves, Flair interrupted Kennedy’s tirade, bluntly stating, “I’ll just leave it at this – at No Way Out, good luck! Woooooo!”

When “Naitch” defeated MVP at Royal Rumble, he kept his career alive and looked more than impressive doing so. In Las Vegas, can he keep his “Space Mountain” running? Or will Mr. Kennedy’s gamble to topple of WWE’s greats earn him the biggest windfall of his career?

I don't see the point in this match. Is WWE really that fucking stupid to let a 60 year old Flair go over two of the best up and comers in the business cleanly? Surely not. I think we may get Flair winning by DQ to let Kennedy beat him at Mania. There is no point in letting Flair go over cleanly and moving onto someone else. His final match should be him putting over a future star, Kennedy isn't completely lost but he could use a push and is really the only logical choice. But seriously if WWE is that fucking stupid. Then I don't know:disappointed:

Flair is obviously going to win. I thought I heard Kennedy would go over him at Mania though. Maybe they are going to set up a nice fued here with a contreversial finish. Or maybe they will be predictable and have Flair win and go on to lose to a big name like Orton the "Legend Killer" at Mania.

Ugh man, I juuuuuuuuuuust dunno. I agree with wes fully, this makes no sense to me whatsoever for two reasons.

HOW are you gonna put flair over BOTH or your two fastest rising stars??? This just makes no sense to me. This wont help Kennedy, and flair obviously has no future, so what the fuck???...eh maybe just maybe this will set up a feud were Kennedy gets to put flair away at WM, and that will be the only thing that could be samvaged from this.

The other reason why this is a bad bad, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea, is becuase Kennedy isnt good enough to completely lead, and carry someone through a match yet. MVP had to carry flair like a soldier rescuing his injured buddy in a war movie. It was terrible. Kennedy isnt good enough yet to carry someone like that. This could end up being a train wreck.

^ You obviously didn't see Kennedy lead Batista in their royal rumble match last year.

Hell the most recent match with HBK, Kennedy was the one controlling at least 70% of the match.

This match will be a great one.

^ You obviously didn't see Kennedy lead Batista in their royal rumble match last year.

Hell the most recent match with HBK, Kennedy was the one controlling at least 70% of the match.

This match will be a great one.

I'll let that slide because you are obviously a crack addict.

This match will be terrible. Flair can't wrestle and Kennedy only just got by with HBK. I really don't understant though why WWE are making their top prospects job to Flair. He wont have good matches with them. So he should be facing monsters like Viscera or Snitzky. It'll look more impressive when he defeates them so why not.

Exactly Flair is a pile of crap, they should have done this storyline 6 years ago, then flair might not actualy botch every move and look like he is gonna have a heart attack every time he throws a punch or a chop, which is pretty much all he can do now. He managed to make MVP look bad at the rumble, wwe should have just held this off until wrestlemania where they will end his career. And the only good thing about that is the push the guy that beats him gets.

u knw that it is pretty pathetic that all of u talk crap about one of the best wrestlers that the business has ever had to offer, sure he may suck now, but do u rember when it used to be him and the anderson brothers??? Exactly

u knw that it is pretty pathetic that all of u talk crap about one of the best wrestlers that the business has ever had to offer, sure he may suck now, but do u rember when it used to be him and the anderson brothers??? Exactly

I only remember because of The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection. The last time he had a really good match which he carried from start to finish was Rumble 1002. It's 16 years ago. The guy has had a 35 year career and for almost half of it he's been terrible. There has been the occasional decent match from him in the years since 1992, but that was all his opponents doing. He doesn't even have the mic skills he used too. He fumbles words and generally talks gibberish. He also looks older than he is, why should Kennedy lose to him? Which wrestler has a future in this buisness.

I cant stand this the WWE made MVP tap out to Ric Flair at the Royal Rumble Which is terrible for a guy that has so much potential. And what does the WWE do there gonnea have Mr. Kennedy a guy that has more potential than MVP job to 60 year old Ric Flair. Give me a break Ric Flair hasnt had a good match with someone since 1992 at Wrestlemania 8 with Savage. All the matches people may consider good like WM 18 with The Undertaker, steel cage match with HHH, were all gimicks. Flair cant hold his weight worth a dam. The only reason hes probally still wrestling is because he blew all his dam money. I recently read his book, and it grosses me out to see how much he brags about himself in it. Numerous times calling himself the best ever, and how he bashes a guy like Mick Foley who was willing to help put over and make guys like Edge, and Randy Orton. Flair isnt great he hasnt had a good match in 16 years. This is what i hate about the business guys like Hogan, Flair, HBK, HHH not willing to put young guys over and help the next generation. Then you have guys like Terry Funk, Mick Foley, and The Undertaker who are good for the business and want to help make guys instead of burrying them.

I'll let that slide because you are obviously a crack addict.

This match will be terrible. Flair can't wrestle and Kennedy only just got by with HBK. I really don't understant though why WWE are making their top prospects job to Flair. He wont have good matches with them. So he should be facing monsters like Viscera or Snitzky. It'll look more impressive when he defeates them so why not.

Tell me...how does one get away with flaming on this forum yet posts which are far more than tangentially on-topic can still be labeled as 'spam'?

Idiotic staff and ruling if you ask me....

But back to the thread topic. This match will be good one, I can almost gurantee it. Kennedy has been on a vicious streak lately and the promos between them before then will also be something special. Flair won't by any means get a clean victory and I can guarantee that it will be an unsettled finish. Maybe Kennedy will then go over Flair at Wrestlemania and afterwards do a face turn after shaking Flair's hand as he walks away from it all.

Tell me...how does one get away with flaming on this forum yet posts which are far more than tangentially on-topic can still be labeled as 'spam'?

Idiotic staff and ruling if you ask me....

This is a thread about a match. If you want to complain take that shit to the complaint thread.

Plus, learn to take a joke. Jake was kidding.......I think.

This match will be good one, I can almost gurantee it.

Lolz. Flair can't wrestle worth a piss. His last good match was probably 15 years ago. So I expect this to be a snoozer. Hell MVP couldnt even pull out a trick or two to make that match at the Rumble watchable. And with Kennedy's wrestling skills. No. No way.

Kennedy has been on a vicious streak lately and the promos between them before then will also be something special.

They could be something special but they won't. Why? Because WWE will let Cena, Triple H or a pointless Diva's segment take up time. Or all three in one show.

Flair won't by any means get a clean victory and I can guarantee that it will be a unsettled finish.

Meh, you may be right. This needs to carry onto Mania. Kennedy doesnt need to just be tossed into the MITB again.

Maybe Kennedy then go over Flair at Wrestlemania and afterwards do a face turn after shaking Flair's hand as he walks away from it all.

^^

That's what I see happening if they do indeed get another match at Mania.

Ha these Flair marks are hilarious, funny thing is as Jake aluded to I bet most of them havn't even seen a Flair match after 1992, which was when his last decent match was, so they probably have never seen Flair in a good match.

Just one of you tell me one good match Flair has been in recently, please I'm begging you. He's faced MVP, Regal, and Umaga in the last month or so. Every match has sucked, yet those three between them I feel have slightly more wrestling talent than the three current world champions combined. So how come Flair can't have a decent match with any of them? Because he's 20 years past been half-decent. And he was over-rated even when he was young...

The only possible way that i will be happy with this match is maybe flair does something to really piss kennedy off before the match, and Kennedy just goes crazy and getting dq'd, then they could do the match at Mania again, and have Kennedy get the win. That would be the way not to bury Kennedy and have the Flair retirement thing still fo on. I would be even happier if Kennedy just got the win this paperview, but the chances of that happening are lower than Hornsoggle's chances at the rumble.

This match will not be great and those who say so have been watching to much early flair and not enough current Flair. Look I like Flair but more than likly he will have Kennedy tap out as well and it is a joke. I know this is all for storyline, but give me a break Kennedy just came out from the HBK feud looking good and now he will tap to the 100 year old flair. I dont hate Flair but i just hate this storyline and at No Way Out another young star who is forced to tap to Flair. This match will not be great but watchable.

You know what I'd really like to see go down? I'd like HBK to interfere and cost Kennedy the match, but for Flair to be pissed off about it. The next night on Raw, he could complain with an ego saying he didn't need Shawn's help, as he beat MVP by himself before. Shawn could say what we're all thinking, in that "c'mon now, you're horrible", but in a nice way so as to not turn him heel. Then in response to that, McMahon announces HBK vs Flair for Wrestlemania, where Flair loses and bows out gracefully 2 years after he should've retired haha.

While I was hoping Kennedy would be the one to finally put the old dog down, I was really disappointed to hear this match would be taking place at No Way Out. I agree with most everyone else, Flair's matches since he came out of retirement for the 16 millionth time...have sucked. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Arn Anderson more involved on camera in this storyline. Those two have be synonimous with each other for as long as I've been watching wrestling (going on about 24 years). I don't see this match ending well and there is really nothing that can save this match. Since some people like triple threats at WM, how about a MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Ric Flair career-threatning match??

I am a huge Flair fan, I think he is great, but I also, along with the majority of Flair fans, feel he should have retired a long time ago. He can't do what he used to do, and the longer he stays, the more everyone is going to forget about the legend that is Ric Flair, and just see an old man who was too afraid to ever let the business go. I don't think this is a fair analysis of Flair's time in the business at all, because if you see some of his matches from about 10-15 years ago, and you see some of the promos he cut, you can tell you're dealing with a good wrestler.

Now, onto this match. IMO Kennedy had some good matches with Shawn, and I think the feud taught him a lot. However due to the politics surrounding this match, I think it's obvious Kennedy will lose. They won't let one of the legends of ths business lose to someone who, at the moment, is basically unknown in terms of wrestling. I think this will be an okay match, but a lot will be stopped, Kennedywon't be able to show Flair up, he won't be able to win, and he won't be able to gloat. All in all, I don't like it when a match is almost 100% predictable on the outcome (such as Undertaker at Wrestlemania) because it takes away from what the whole match is leading to, and I find the rest of it difficult to take in like I should.

I am a huge Flair fan, I think he is great, but I also, along with the majority of Flair fans, feel he should have retired a long time ago. He can't do what he used to do, and the longer he stays, the more everyone is going to forget about the legend that is Ric Flair, and just see an old man who was too afraid to ever let the business go. I don't think this is a fair analysis of Flair's time in the business at all, because if you see some of his matches from about 10-15 years ago, and you see some of the promos he cut, you can tell you're dealing with a good wrestler.

Now, onto this match. IMO Kennedy had some good matches with Shawn, and I think the feud taught him a lot. However due to the politics surrounding this match, I think it's obvious Kennedy will lose. They won't let one of the legends of ths business lose to someone who, at the moment, is basically unknown in terms of wrestling. I think this will be an okay match, but a lot will be stopped, Kennedywon't be able to show Flair up, he won't be able to win, and he won't be able to gloat. All in all, I don't like it when a match is almost 100% predictable on the outcome (such as Undertaker at Wrestlemania) because it takes away from what the whole match is leading to, and I find the rest of it difficult to take in like I should.

Becca are you saying that you think Flair will win cleanley? Because im not too sure WWE would be able to do that. I know they had him Job MVP, and that imo was a bad move already. But Kennedy's recent storyline with HBK, and the fact that he has been involved with two plans to push him, but due to conflicts that didnt happen. I truly beleive that WWE should have Flair make a star i.e. Kennedy, instead of having a star already like Shawn or HHH end his career.

I find this Flair push utterslessly pointless. Just because he's retiring doesn't mean you should put him over all these huge/rising stars (i.e HHH, Orton, MVP..and many more). This match is even more predictable than Flairs match at the Rumble. Oh well, hopefully after Flair goes over in this match, they have a rematch at 'Mania with Kennedy winning. That way Kennedy would be pushed to the skies as he "ended" Flair's career. That's the only positive thing that I see coming out of this match.

I actually think that kennedy will win this match. Then after the loss flair will be inducted into the hall of fame. McMahon will then say he will give the fans wat they want and flair will be allowed to have his fianl match be at wrestlemania. This way they can hype up that it is flair's last match.

I really hate this Flair angle. It's so pointless having him bury rising superstars when it's obvious he isn't going to lose. I respect Flair for all he's done, but he should have retired a long time ago.

I'm gonna have to agree i don't see flair getting a clean victory over kennedy after getting one over michaels. I don't see any potential in this match i mean maybe kennedy can carry flair threw the match but i doubt it would be better then mvps attempt. Still cant believe they let flair get the clean victory over mvp lets hope it wont happen with kennedy.

The thing that I hate is, not that they are burying younger superstars, that they have career-threatening matches when this match was already scheduled. Take Smackdown this past week for example, they already have the Kennedy-Flair match and what do they do? They make a MVP-Flair Career Threatening match. What the hell? We all know that Flair is going to win. Why make the match. You're just feeding MVP to Flair. Really dumb. I hate when the WWE does this. Either way Flair will win and face Shawn Michaels at WM where he is finally retired.

No that will not happen, i see michaels flair flair loses. it should be michaels flair nwo. kennedy thrives in chamber, narrowly loses to bat or taker. then challenged flair, kennedy wins clean thus building him up even more, either face turn for kennedy as they hug (kennedy is good enough to pull of a good face run) or a remain heel but shows respects and leaves flair to bask in his glory or his last match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back