• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Surrender- X Division Championship: Samoa Joe(c) Vs. Christopher Daniels

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
Daniels won the #1 contender's Steel Asylum match, at Hard Justice last month and will now be facing Samoa Joe at No Surrender for the belt.

Personally I'm pretty pumped for this match. While their feud hasn't been the best(although it just really started)I'm hopefull that this two will have a good match. Both work well with each other and the chemistry is there, so hopefully this turns out well.

Not sure who's going to win, although a part of me thinks Joe deserves more than the X belt. But I guess him holding it, gives the belt some added credibility and having Daniels beat him for it, gives him a push aswell. And with Joe & Taz's partnership pretty much done, I guess holding the belt keeps him in the limelight.

I think the only way Joe loses is if the whole Mafia goes down. They are trying to put the Mafia over as the most dominant group in TNA right now, so I think if they go down they are all going down. It should be a good match, but I doubt he loses this fast.

I'm really looking forward to this match. To be honest, I'm not really sure why. Daniels and especially Joe have grown rather stale and boring over the last year, but earlier tonight I was watching the classic Daniels vs. Joe vs. Styles match from Unbreakable 2005, and I suddenly remembered just how fucking good these guys are. Blame the few drinks I've had tonight, but I'm growing all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about the great things that could come out of this match, if they give the two of them enough time.

I simply do not understand why TNA is all but burying Daniels right now, and why Joe has practically become a midcarder. Why they aren't giving more time to the feud between these two is beyond me, you can make time for a Cody Deaner segment but not a Daniels or Joe one? Ridiculous. If they hyped this match right, and gave these two a good 20 minutes to go out there and work their asses off, they could steal the show. Honestly how this match's build comes along will pretty much decide whether or not I purchase this PPV (though to be honest, steams are the most likely choice on my part).

As of right now though, I'm extremely excited over this match. I don't know why, but I am. I hope they give these two some time to steal the show, because I would absolutely love to see these two go at it for 20 minutes. TNA needs to remember just who it is that helped them get to where they are right now in the first place; and that's guys like Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe going all out in the X-Division.

...Now if only they could get Styles involved somehow. A man can dream, can't he?

I too saw the Joe Vs. Angle Vs. Daniels match from 05' and am looking forward to something similar coming out of this match, though one can only hope. I just prey they give them enough time to build something nicely. Their match will probably be good but the feud could be legendary (ok slight exaggeration) and I hope TNA don't drop the ball.

Joe v AJ V Daniels was a 5 star match, take out AJ, hopefully we will still have a 5 star match, really looking forward to this one

The build up to this feud began nicely with Daniels attacking Joe during his match. I feel that TNA is looking to have all the Main Event Mafia dominating heading into Bound For Glory and i expect Joe to retain for that reason.

Daniels finally gets to face Joe after 4 years in what could be an x division classic if they give this match 15 to 20 mins. He deserves the title shot and the title sometime soon. Really looking forward to it.

This could easily be the best match on the card if TNA plays its cards right. I've never been all that sweet on Daniels, I think the guy's kind of bland, but I do enjoy watching him in the ring. It's sort of the same with Joe, I hate the overall direction TNA has had for him. The whole one dimensional, badass thug thing just isn't doing it for me with Joe. For some reason, I just don't buy it. However, these two can have a really good match and most likely will.

If TNA just takes the strap off of Joe, then it was really just a waste putting it on him to begin with. That being said, Joe hasn't done all that much with the title since he's had it. But, that's not really Joe's fault as TNA in and of itself has pretty much ignored the X-Division throughout this year.

Whether this means that TNA is ultimately going to try and do something with the X-Division, restore some prominence to it, remains to be seen. This might just be a fun, entertaining match that holds no hint or promise of the future for the X-Division.

I've seen it before. Back when Joe had an aura and wasn't grossly overweight. Instead of watching this, which I think will be short and sweet. I'll watch something from 2005 when TNA was starting to become rather good, instead of from 2009 when TNA is a big pile of wank.

I'm simply wondering what these two can pull out of their bags of tricks that will wow the fans all over again for the millionth time. Daniels is one of TNA's soundest workers, and Joe needs the fire of passion lit under his ass to get his career going again.

So I think this match could steal the whole show, given management allows them the proper time and a solid build. I really hope they play up on the history between these two, given it is one of the few "historic" rivalries in TNA's short existence.

I think it has "Match of the Night" written all over it. I don't think the buildup to the match has been that great. As for Joe's performance as of late, I think a lot of it has to do with him being in the MEM. I'm waiting for the turn already! That being said, these two have familiarity with each other and should be able to go out there and "WOW" the crowd. I hope they are giving ample time to do so.

This should actually be pretty good. Both of these guys are more than solid in the ring and this could be just the thing to turn Joe around. Their feud has been pretty good, albeit short. Sure, the whole "you turned your back on us" storyline isn't too creative or original, but Daniels has had some pretty good promos and Joe has looked like a badass throughout.

As for the winner, I think it has to be Joe. The MEM should walk into BFG with as much gold as possible. However, I don't think this'll be the end of this rivalry. Joe may pick up a controversial win or maybe even be DQ'd, leading to some sort of gimmick match at BFG, possibly an X Division match that also includes Suicide and The Pope.

I hope these two are given enough time to have a great match. Just last week I saw, for the first time ever, the triple threat for the X-Division title between AJ, Styles, and Joe and I was completely amazed at how awesome that match was. More so, I was disappointed that I hadn’t seen that match earlier and kept putting watching the match off for whatever reasons.

Anyways, if all 3 of those men were able to have a great match then I fully expect for Daniels and Joe to put on a great match. I do think both of them have been boring and stale for a while now, but if they get enough time to have a great match then I think it could help them both in the long run no matter who wins as long as they both look good in that match.

As far as to who I think is going to win, it’s probably going to be Joe. They haven’t really done much to make people to think that Daniels has a chance of winning and there really isn’t a good reason for him to win here. I just hope that they end this match cleanly and don’t bury Daniels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back