No Surrender - Tournament Semifinals: Kurt Angle v. Jeff Hardy

Winner?

• The Best Wrestler In The Company

• A Guy That Wears Facepaint

Results are only viewable after voting.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
2.jpg

So in case y'all missed it, RVD was stripped of the TNA World Title after Abyss murdered backstage, more or less. This set up an 8 man tournament ending at Bound For Glory in October, TNA's biggest PPV of the year.

So they started the tournament on iMPACT last week, with Angle beating Doug Williams and Hardy beating Rob Terry, which certainly brought a tear to my eye. This means Hardy and Angle will meet up in 2 weeks at No Surrender, with the winner main eventing BFG, in all likleyhood.

This should be a decent enough match, being that it involves Kurt Angle. I'm not sure the last time he had a truly bad match, possibly one of the earlier matchups against Anderson. Hardy, on the other hand, has mostly been shit since rejoining TNA. However, I have faith that if these guys have at least 15 minutes or so they should give us a damn fine match. It should be the main event, but I have a feeling there's a better chance Dreamer and Co. will be involved in that one.

Angle is almost certain to win here. I don't see how he doesn't main event the biggest PPV of the year and I certainly can't see Hardy doing it. I'm pretty sure they're going with the whole "he'll retire if he loses" thing, which is just stupid because it makes the result that much more obvious.

So, whaddya think about this here match? Are you excited for it? Who do you think is going to win? Will nocturnal creatures be involved? Only time will tell.

Angle, just for the fact that if he loses, then he retires. I'm sure he has no intention of retiring yet, and if he did, then it would at least be at BFG in the finals.

I don't see Jeff coming out the winner of this one. Not because of the ranking system and Kurt Angle retiring blah blah blah. No, more because of the fact that I don't see Jeff Hardy in the position to be the top dog of TNA, certainly not yet. I think Kurt Angle as well as Anderson are the better choices for that, and that is an opinion I've uttered before.

So Kurt Angle wins this one for me. It looks like it'll be a good match nonetheless, so I'm hoping they won't disappoint.

Kurt Angle is the obvious choice here. Big fan of Kurt Angle and not so much for Hardy. I really wish they wouldn't have done the whole "I'll retire if I lose" thing, because it has made the outcomes of Angles previous matches obvious as well this upcoming match. Plus, like a poster above me stated, I just can't see Hardy becoming TNA Champion and being the face of the company. I haven't been a fan of Hardy in years and his work in TNA hasn't changed my opinion of him.

Pope has a better chance of beating Anderson than Hardy does of beating Angle, and Pope has hardly any chance of winning. It would make absolutely NO sense for Angle to lose here, though it should be a pretty fun match. I believe this is a first, as I don't remember them ever facing off in WWE, correct me if im wrong though.

It's been about Kurt, and it's still about Kurt. He wins here, he beats Anderson, and he has his shining moment at BFG as he raises the title.

Also, there are 32 guests viewing this thread. Hot damn, sign up and join the best wrestling forums on the planet, it's free, and you might get a cookie.

Man I like Jeff Hardy, even if he sold out to WWE, but Kurt Angle is gonna win. They had one match together before in WWE/F and it was one of my favorite matches in Jeff Hardy's career. But this match should be no different than that one.

Kurt angle wins here and it is far too obvious. He is not retiring yet and Jeff can not be a trustworthy world champion. Anybody who watched ReAction knew that they already started the buildup to another Angle/Asshole showdown as well.

I personaly think that Jeff Hardy is not any good anymore. He has gained weight, lost muscle, and is beginning to perform almost as badly as his brother is doing in WWE.

If TNA makes Jeff Hardy TNA champion then they must really be crazy. Jeff cannot pull it off in this day and age. He could have done it in his earlier years but he just sucks now. Sorry.

I have to go with Kurt Angle winning this one. I cannot imagine TNA without Kurt Angle anyway.

Jeff Hardy should probably just retire now, or go to the independent circuits. If he got back in shape maybe he would be fine, but I doubt that will happen.

I never really have been a fan of Jeff's he just seemed as a crazy rebel wearing face paint willing to take any high spot you can think of. I never understood why he got a world title in WWE.

Kurt is by far and away a much better in ring performer so he should win this the only way Kurt loses is because creative is try something out and TNA has too many people think they know how to do booking and such.

Angle all the way, the winner of this match is to predictable. Unless TNA decides to something different expect Kurt Angle to be in the finals of this tournament at Bound For Glory only there will there be a real chance of him losing. And I agree with Zigglerfan227 I think Hardy's skills have deteriorated, I mean I personally like Hardy but I gotta call it how I see it.

Angle is going to win this. There's no way he loses here. Angle will continue his march towards the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, and I'm pretty certain he will be wearing the gold when he ends his journey. As far as the match goes, I think it should be pretty entertaining. I can't remember the last time I've seen a bad Angle match, and I don't things will be any different here. Who knows, maybe we'll see Angle counter the whisper in the wind into an ankle lock. That would sure as hell make for a sick spot.

Well ther is absolutely no doubt that Kurt is winning here not only is there no way he is retiring yet but with Hardy still tied up in his court case there is no chane in hell that TNA are putting their title on him when for all they know he could be in jail next month.

I don't Jeff going anywhere. I really haven't seen him go anywhere since joining TNA. He could be great to feud for the TV title, but not the World title. You need to garner interest outside the as well as inside to be World Champion. Jeff can't do the first one. I'm hoping for a great match though. It's not like Angle can screw up.

Angle

Kurt will win, I mean his storyline since he returned saying he will get the TNA world title, it's gotten too obvious how he said he will not lose to anyone and will go out and beat everyone in the rankings, so Kurt Angle will not only win this but he will go on to become the next world champion!

I definitely see Kurt getting the win here in a pretty good match. Jeff still has his legal troubles so it would be dumb for him to win this match. Angle wins in what will be pretty good match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back