Nirvana reunites with Paul McCartney in Kurt's role

Nirvana is my all time favorite band and I don't like The Beatles at all.
So a member of one of my least favorite bands taking the lead role in a "reunion" of my favorite band doesn't make me happy.

First of all, Nirvana sucks. Secondly, what the FUCK does Paul McCartney have to anything do with Nirvana? Is he going to sing Teen Spirit or something?!?

First of all, Nirvana sucks. Secondly, what the FUCK does Paul McCartney have to anything do with Nirvana? Is he going to sing Teen Spirit or something?!?
The article says he suggested they just make up some songs to jam on.

Paul McCartney is one of the greatest song writers in the history of music so I guess it might be a positive. The big problem is the band he's syncing up with. Sorry, Nirvana fans, but I will always see them as the most overrated band of all time.

I see The Beatles as the most overrated band of all time but that's why I Posted this. I knew there would be people who would like it and people who wouldn't.

I am curious D-Man as to why you think they suck.

As to Paul McCartney playing. It's to benefit the people affected by Hurricane Sandy so I'm all up for it. And we don't know what they're playing so don't burst a blood vessel just yet.

Two bands that had a huge effect on music merging together for a night. For fun. And to raise money for people who got blown pretty hard.

The beatles were 50 years ago, Nirvana were 20. They wrote some catchy stuff, synced with an era and inspired alot of people to try some new things. But both paul and Dave have gone on to other sucesses. Nobody cares about novaselic and fake tan guy.

Its just two cool dudes doing a cool thing for a cool reason. Its not like theyr gna tour and release an album and spoil all the old stuff they did before. Whats to hate?

Nirvana is my all time favorite band and I don't like The Beatles at all.
So a member of one of my least favorite bands taking the lead role in a "reunion" of my favorite band doesn't make me happy.

Surely you'd be more annoyed with, say, Nicky Minaj taking the lead??

Kurt was a big fan of the beatles, He'd probly be delirious about the idea.

Surely you'd be more annoyed with, say, Nicky Minaj taking the lead??

Kurt was a big fan of the beatles, He'd probly be delirious about the idea.
I know he was and I'm sure it's cool for Dave, Krist and Pat. Good for them. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm sure they could have found someone better suited for the role.
Paul didn't even know it was the remaining members of Nirvana he was asked to play with until he was told. It's an odd pairing.

I do want to point out that I'm all for the charity aspect of it.

EDIT: NorCal is right. They could have gotten Shaun from Seether to do it. Paul could have done his own thing.

As already stated, the addition of McCartney is due to his influence on Kurt Cobain the person. Lead singer for Seether did fuck all for Kurt Cobain, I can guarantee that much. It's supposed to be a one-off tribute. And the part where he didn't know who Nirvana were is part of the report, it could be factual but also may not.

D-Man is bitter because they murdered 80s glam metal. Thats all.

:lmao:

As much as this seems like it should make sense, I just hated Nirvana because they sucked. And anyone who calls Kurt Cobain a poet is basically backing the positive effects of his excessive drug use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back