Nirvana For Xmas Number 1? (UK)

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
In short, people of Britain are attempting to get Nirvana to Xmas Number One, as to piss in the face of the X-Factor, who are also trying. It worked in 2009 with Rage Against The Machine, so they're hoping it can be done again. I have all faith in it and have bought my copies as well.

http://www.facebook.com/nirvanaforno1

Check it all out if you want and if you live in the UK, why not help it out?

The sheer fact that Little Mix, the X-Factor winners, are not the favourites to be Christmas No.1 means that the "Stop X-Factor" Campaign has little meaning this year (if it ever really had) and will likely not reach the kind of level RATM did in 2009.

As shite as it is, Military Wives Choir will almost certainly be No.1

Why've you bought your copies? Christmas number 1 will be next Sunday. Sales begin tomorrow for that don't they?

The Military Wives Choir is the big favourite. They also had the luxury of pre-orders, which means they've sold loads already.

However, it was predicted that this years Xmas Number One will only need 300,000-400,000 sales, instead of the usual 500,000+

There's 7 copies of SLTS, most at 59p & people are buying all 7, then gifting 5 more out. If everyone done that, there'd be about 900,000+ sales meaning a definite No.1. Obviously, that's a dream, but it's got every chance. We shall see.

Why've you bought your copies? Christmas number 1 will be next Sunday. Sales begin tomorrow for that don't they?

Common misconception. They closed the count for today's Number 1 at midnight today, meaning you can begin buying next Sunday Xmas Number 1 today, till Saturday 24th, 11:59pm.

Why would you want 7 copies of the same song?

When RATM were doing it I cared, for one because it was an awesome idea and two because the guy who won X-Factor, Joe McElderly or whatever his name was again was and is horrible. This time around although Little Mix are just as bad the Choir of Ministry Wives or whatever you call them will take the Christmas #1 due to the fact of who they are, but if Nirvana is somehow able to get the top spot it will indeed be awesome.

Personally if anyone has heard "The Winter Song", I'd love if they delayed the release of that and gave it a run for number one.

When RATM were doing it I cared, for one because it was an awesome idea and two because the guy who won X-Factor, Joe McElderly or whatever his name was again was and is horrible. This time around although Little Mix are just as bad the Choir of Ministry Wives or whatever you call them will take the Christmas #1 due to the fact of who they are, but if Nirvana is somehow able to get the top spot it will indeed be awesome.

Personally if anyone has heard "The Winter Song", I'd love if they delayed the release of that and gave it a run for number one.

Pretty much this. The song meant somehting and the singer was complete shit in 2009. Now? Meh. Last year it was 3 minutes of silence, 3 years ago it was Rick Astley and nobody really cared then.

So this is an actual thing? I always assumed it was just something Love, Actually did to give Bill Nighy a chance to sing that ridiculous song. The more you know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back