NFL Draft - Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Time to take watch of the final 4 rounds of the draft. This is the time where you draft guys who have potential and you can take a shot because they won't make or break your draft. And if it's a hit, it can be a home run (Such as Brady was in the 6th round).

Lions only have 2 picks, though, so I won't be watching all of it. I am interested where Greg Jones (ILB), Chris L. Rucker (CB), and Mark Herzlich (OLB) all go. I'd be happy if the Lions snapped up 2 of those three, since they're guys I can get behind and can fill needs. Plus the first two went to MSU.

I'm only really watching to see how far my boy Tyrod drops. He's arguably the best QB on the board at the moment, but he has quite a bit of room to grow. I think the Pats could have provided that for him, but Ryan Mallet is still a great pick. I agree with a couple people in the Day 2 LD who said that Ryan Mallet is the next Matt Cassel. But the thing I really don't understand with the Patriots' draft is how we got 2 RB's, not named Mark Ingram. I understand we've done this many, many times in the past, but we had the best RB of the class in our lap and we pushed him off. Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see what these two rookies have in their arsenal... in 3 years or whenever they make their debuts.

Long story short for every lazy person on this forum (like myself): Go Pats.

Love the pick by my Vikes. We need DT with KWill likely getting suspended. Christian Ballard was arguably the best player on the board. Love it. CKC FTW.

I have no idea who the Dolphins took. Hopefully we can land Tyrod or McElroy in the 6th or 7th round

Edmond Gates is pure speed. He had the fastest combine 40 for the WR position. He is also the cousin of Johnny Knox from the Bears. Pretty decent pick.

I like about Gates. He is cousins with Bernard Scott (HB from Cinci). He went to school with Johnny Knox.

Jets are on the clock! They are immensely successful in Round 4, so I'm interested to see who they take.

Jets took Bilal Powell, Running Back, Louisville.

Surprising, as RB was the one thing the team was set on, but they must love this kid I guess.

Owen Marecic was drafted by the Browns a few picks ago. I loved that kid. 2-way player, full-time Fullback, and full-time Inside Linebacker.

I like this Taiwan Jones pick. Kid is all potential, but we know Da Raidaz love their speed. He can do a little bit of everything for Oakland.

Jets are having a good draft so far from what I understand.

Can someone PM me if David Akinniyi is drafted? He'd be drafted out of NC State I think, but he's graduating from Northeastern, and I worked with him as an intramural basketball ref. I don't know if he's expecting to be drafted or just holding out hope, but hopefully he goes in one of the later rounds.

Needed to snatch up a CB eventually here and I like this one. Pure depth, but could fill in nicely as a nickel guy.

Pick prior, Marcus Cannon to NE. I really love that pick. I had Cannon as a round 2 guy, but he slipped due to medical issues as he has a treatable form of cancer. Hopefully he bounces back from that and makes an impact for the Pats.

And Tyrod's going to Baltimore! I really like this pick by the Ravens. Tyrod is going to be a very willing backup behind Joe Flacco and I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor and Flacco end up switching possessions within the next maybe 2-3 years.

Megatron, your guys (Jones and Rucker) were drafted to the NYG (Jones) and Indy (Rucker). Jones was an absolute steal in round 6.

GREG McELROY IS A JET!!!!!!!!!

In the 7th round, pick 208. Jets got themselves a backup QB, and a DAMN good one. Guy is a winner. I FUCKING LOVE THIS PICK

The Jets have great history with Albama QBs. Joe Namath, Richard Todd, and now Greg McElroy.

He wore #12 because of Joe Namath. Now he plays for Joe Namaths team.

I'm so god damn ecstatic about this.

I really like it to. They need a solid backup and I'm thinking he's going to be much better than Keller.

1. Keller is a Tight End. McElroy is a QB.
2. He won't be better then Sanchez.
3. You're right about him being a great backup.

This is the type of guy I want as a backup. He just wins football games. He suffered his first loss EVER as a starting QB last year. That's amazing.

1. Keller is a Tight End. McElroy is a QB.
2. He won't be better then Sanchez.
3. You're right about him being a great backup.

This is the type of guy I want as a backup. He just wins football games. He suffered his first loss EVER as a starting QB last year. That's amazing.

I always get em mixed up. The backup QB is Kellen Clemens isn't it?

OK. Yes, he's much better then Kellen Clemens. Clemens is gone, too. His contract is up I think. Brunell is likely gone too, I think. I would expect the QB Depth Chart to be Sanchez, McElroy, O'Connell (MAYBE Erik Ainge if he's able to come back and the team wants him).

Ughhh. Stormtrooper, your changing sig reminded me the Jets drafted Kerley from TCU. He was a guy I really wanted the Vikes to snatch up to bolster our WR depth if we were to lose Sidney Rice. So jealous.

Ughhh. Stormtrooper, your changing sig reminded me the Jets drafted Kerley from TCU. He was a guy I really wanted the Vikes to snatch up to bolster our WR depth if we were to lose Sidney Rice. So jealous.
He's Brad Smith lite. Which is good, since Brad Smith himself is likely gone via Free Agency.

Saw some of his stuff on Youtube. He's gonna be great. He'll run back kicks/punts, slot receiver, cover kicks, and he can do the wildcat. I love this.

I'm LOVING this draft so far for Gang Green. Love Wilkerson, love the upside of Ellis (he should be able to stay out of jail), like the Bilal Powell pick (especially if Tomlinson isn't with the team this year), love the Kerley pick, and McElroy is the steal of the entire draft this late.

Romeus to the Saints- If he can get healthy he'll be a solid pick. Injuries hurt him but he was a late first round early second round pick going into this season...

Jets just finished their draft.

They drafted Colorado WR Scotty McKnight. Scotty McKnight is a very close friend of Mark Sanchez. Good to see the QB has some pull to get his buddy on his team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back