2012 NFL Draft LD

interesting that the seahawks picked wilson.... might be the only spot where he gets a chance. i don't think he's great, but the seahawks are obviously pretty desperate. high-character guy though from what i can tell.

then trade up in the 5th round, or get into the 4th. or trade down. don't blow a 3rd.
It's not easy to trade. If no one wants to trade with them (which is very possible) they won't be able to trade. And you can't risk losing the guy if you think he's the only guy that can fit your team at that position.

Jets draft DeMario Davis, LB from Arkansas St.

Fills a need. Good.

And my fellow Jets fans in Radio City annoy the shit out of me. They would boo Jesus Christ if the Jets drafted him, even if he could run a 3.7 40, not drop passes, throw the ball 100 yards, cure cancer, end poverty, and create World Peace.

You have to help a young QB with targets. Luck has two and he's used to throwing to TE's a lot. Plus, Allen can block a bit so he helps in that regard too. The Colts aren't a year away but they are giving their new QB pieces so that he can succeed.

My Colts have so many holes, you might as well pick the best guys available each time through. We've always had successful TEs in Indy, dating back to Dilger.

They aren't going to fix the team with THIS draft, but having dynamic tight ends are going to go a long way in making the Colts a big threat in the redzone.

Did the Browns make a trade? I stepped away for the Indians game (walk off win, hells yeah) and checked the draft and someone else had picked at 67.

Did the Browns make a trade? I stepped away for the Indians game (walk off win, hells yeah) and checked the draft and someone else had picked at 67.

Remember when they should have traded up to #2 with the Rams to get RGIII? Remember then on draft day when they decided to trade up to #3?

My Colts have so many holes, you might as well pick the best guys available each time through. We've always had successful TEs in Indy, dating back to Dilger.

They aren't going to fix the team with THIS draft, but having dynamic tight ends are going to go a long way in making the Colts a big threat in the redzone.

Completely agree man. It's a marathon, not a sprint to fix the team and getting the players they got is very solid. You should be pretty happy with the draft so far.

Remember when they should have traded up to #2 with the Rams to get RGIII? Remember then on draft day when they decided to trade up to #3?

I remember these things, but I don't see how they're relevant to my question. Trading up to three didn't involve our 67th pick - they were all fourth or beyond to Minnesota. And it's Denver that picked at 67.

Thank you, sir. I guess they're not interested in a WR, looks like were some decent ones available at the time.
Some, but none that fit what they wanted probably. DeVier Poser (meh) and TJ Graham. Plus they got a 4th rounder, too. They didn't have anyone they liked in the Mid-60's still available, so they dropped back and got another 4th. Good move for them.

i completely forgot about kellen moore. i think chris berman (surprisingly) has a good point. he's a little underrated. 50-3 is impressive no matter how you look at it.

i really thought vick/young would work well... i was definitely wrong.

i think they could've used this pick elsewhere, though. i think the eagles are closer than most think.

DT at 87, not bad. I was expecting defensive players at this point in the draft and I can't complain.

Jake bequette for the pats, another DE...

can't complain, since i desperately wanted them to take pass rushers last year, and now they're doing moer than enough (hopefully)

I swear...every time I mentioned a player I wanted to drop, they were picked next.

Jenkins
Rueben Randle
Stephen Hill
Trumaine Johnson

Every. Single. Fucking. Time. Josh Robinson looks like a solid CB. I'm a huge proponent of speedy corners, along with Harrison Smith we upgraded our secondary's speed significantly. Or you can sign on to the fact that anyone looks better then our horrid secondary last year.

Wow.... Kirk Cousins going to Washington is shocking.

He and Moore are the two QBs who I was expecting to get drafted in the later rounds and turn out to be special (Moore really only because I expect the Saints to pick him up, lol). And now hearing Trent Dilfer, who knows his shit, talk up Cousins like he's the second coming... I really believe in him now. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

Jets drafted a Safety in Josh Bush from Wake Forrest in the 6th round.

Apparently he can cover Tight Ends. The Jets needed someone that can do that, so if he can do that I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back