• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next Year's Draft

Henhouse

Occasional Pre-Show
Everyone has pretty much settled into their new brands and we have a pretty good idea of what's worked and what hasn't. So, the things I'd like to discuss with you are:

-The Mistakes Of The Draft
In my opinion, Drew Mcintyre should have stayed on Smackdown. We've hardly seen him on Raw and he could have been in some decent feuds on Smackdown.
I also think that keeping John Morrison on Raw was a mistake. Smackdown focuses more on wrestling than the entertainment part of things and John Morrison could have perhaps made the final push to Main Eventing on Smackdown. He could have been the face behind Orton that Sheamus has now turned into.

-The Sucesses Of The Draft
Mark Henry, obviously. He's not a good wrestler but he has done exceptionally well on Smackdown and thoroughly deserves his title. I couldn't see him doing anything of note on Smackdown but he's exceeded all expectations.
Sheamus, although US Champion, was struggling to keep his spot and stay relevant but is now arguably one of the top faces in the WWE, although Rey Mysterio's injury may make that debatable.

-Who Should Move Next Draft?
I'd probably move Tyler Reks to Smackdown as with Brodus Clay seemingly getting the nod to be Raw's monster and the Brothers Of Destruction winding down on Smackdown, it seems like a good opportunity to push someone young.

I kind of wonder if there would be any more drafts because it looks like the WWE is getting away from the Smackdown and RAW brands. Yes we see the same guys on each brand, but Bragging Rights went away, so I assumed that's a sign that brand exclusive is going away. Just a thought on it.

the people i would move would be...wade barrett,cody rhodes,dolph ziggler,john cena,randy orton,mason ryan,drew mcityre,alex riley,alberto del rio,and to shake things up undertaker,oh and evan bourne and tyler reks i think they could shine on smackdown.

For next year I have to say move Ziggler back to Smackdown. I think he could be a top heel but he's not ready to be the top heel on the top show. Barrett is Raw ready and I think its either he or Rhodes that needs to make the trip over to the red brand. Other wrestlers I think should switch is Show (because he is a raw superstar on smackdown anyways), Bourne, Mason Ryan, Otunga, Christian, Ryder, Undertaker, and even though he was just drafted, Alberto Del Rio. I feel ADR makes a better SD! star and that show is in need of a few good heels. Henry seems to be at this moment the only top heel on the show. Kinda how Batista was always better in blue or Cena is definetely a Raw superstar.

In a perfect world....

I would have Cena move to Smackdown. With Punk becoming a top face I just don't see the need keeping Cena on RAW. If Cena were to move to Smackdown he could be the top face and Orton could turn heel so the top stars would be set up on Smackdown like they were on RAW in 2009.

I would send Barrett to RAW in exchange for Cena. Barrett has impressed me these past couple of years. I think he would be suited better on RAW where he could feud with Punk or Jericho (if he were to return) or even Triple H.

But, only in a perfect world.

I want or need drew mcintyre to go back to smackdown just he can become relevant again.
Mason ryan to smackdown so he can just destroy people on smackdown as raw is the more entertainment side of the show.
Big show to raw he just doesn't seem like a smackdown man.
Alverto del rio to smackdown coz he bores the shit out of me and i just want to see him get his ass kicked from orton and sheamus
Wade barrett to raw he has built his way back up and is now ready to take the main event of raw where he belongs

To be honest, I think that it will be Miz, Del Rio, Orton, and Bryan in a WM16 style match to unify to big belts. With Ziggler/Rhodes to unify the midcard belts.

That would give the show 4 solid matches right away:

Ziggler vs Rhodes (great opener)
Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Austin/Jericho/Taker/HHH/etc. etc.
Orton vs Bryan vs Miz vs Del Rio

Of course in relation to your topic, this eliminates the draft because there will be no more brand exclusivity, which I am all for until they buy out TNA down the road and add more potential top guys to the roster

I think they are plenty of guys that could benefit from switching brands, but unfortunately the Draft doesn't really mean anything anymore, now that Superstars can just appear on whatever show they want. But, pretending for a moment that it still mattered, this is what I would do for the Draft:

RAW drafts:

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Ezekiel Jackson
Kane
Randy Orton
Natalya
Tamina

SmackDown drafts:

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Jack Swagger
John Morrison
Kelly Kelly
Eve

I think WWE needs to revamp the whole drafting process. I would like to see it go back to like 2002 when Ric Flair vs Vince McMahon. The actual GM's get to draft the wrestlers. I know it isn't the same situation, but they could find somehow to make it work.

Cody Rhodes is clearly, clearly going to RAW. That much feels obvious. He has the look, and the updated gimmick, one of the WWE's hottest commodities right now. Also I could see Wade Barrett heading back there if they continue to build him in the fashion that they are.

Many would say Ryder to RAW, but honestly, I dont think his heat is sustainable.

To SD, I surely hope we see Swagger, Tyler Reks, and Drew Mcyntire. Probably Alex Riley as well. All guys with talent, but are green, and have zero, utterly ZERO going for them on RAW.

For my biggest pick, I think Dolph Ziggler is getting drafted to SD, were he will win his first world title.

I'd like to see Daniel Bryan get moved over to Raw in a few months, I think he is ready and from the loud pop he got the other night when the fans thought he won the title I'd say fans are ready to see him on the A-Show too.

Justin Gabrielle I'd like to see back on Raw and compete for the US Title... Actually I'd like to see the two Minor belts get swapped IC back to Raw and US back to Smackdown.

I'd like to see Alex Riley get moved to Smackdown.. Just no room for him these days on Raw.

Drew McIntrye get moved to Smackdown before he gets released.

R-Truth back to smackdown... with the tag team disbanded I don't see him being anything but a midcarder once again on Raw... so get some use out of him on Smackdown.

Wade Barrett back to Raw... They are pushing him hard right now so if that keeps up he'll be back on Monday nights.

The fact that Raw is now a "Supershow" and Smackdown is testing the waters by having more and more live shows, featuring Raw talent throws into question whether or not there actually will be a 2012 Draft at all. There probably will be, as I know WWE management can't pass up an opportunity on a single gimmick-based event, but at this point I question...what's the point?

Smackdown guys show up every week on Raw. Raw guys can go to Smackdown on a whim if they need to boost a few ratings, it seems. The only real difference is you never see Raw guys challenging for the World title, or Smackdown guys challenging for the WWE title. We HAVE seen Laurinaitis and Long book guys from other shows in matches, and I believe Long even booked Ziggler in a title match or two before Survivor Series. At this point the authority and brand roles are all a giant grey area. What would a draft really do?

No more brand rivalry. No more Bragging Rights PPV. No more Survivor Series Raw vs. Smackdown. They did away with the SvR video game series. I'm telling you...the closed brands are going the way of the buffalo (which admittedly is a false cliche, since buffalos are still around...).

....For my biggest pick, I think Dolph Ziggler is getting drafted to SD, were he will win his first world title.

You mean second?

As for the draft, I don't see them doing one since it seems like they are trying to slowly get rid of the brand idea.

If they did do one though, we all know what would happen....

With the first pick in the 2012 WWE Draft, Smackdown selects, Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Stanford....he will fued with Orton and get punted in the head.

I agree with you big time. I expect WWE Brand Extension to end very soon.

While I think ending the Brand Extension would significantly improve the quality of WWE's live events (seeing Alex Riley vs. Primo as an advertised match doesn't exactly send me running to my wallet), I can't imagine WWE would give up the revenue of running two live tours consecutively, unless attendance somehow sky rocketed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back