• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next in line for the Intercontinental title?

Who's next in line for the IC Championship?

• Ryback

• Bray Wyatt

• Roman Reigns

• Dead Ambrose

• Dolph Ziggler

• Daniel Bryan

• Cesaro

• Randy Orton

• Shaemus

• Rusev

• Chris Jericho

• Big E

• Stardust

• The Miz

• The Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I know just about everyone in WWE is involved in a thick storyline. But I also know there are some free spots, as well as knowing a storyline could stop at anytime.

I know Kevin Owens is the IC Champion, and it fits good on him. And that Ryback won't stay #1 contender forever. But who's next? You've got your main event players.
Seth Rollins
Kane
John Cena
Undertaker
Brock Lesnar

You've got your tag teams.
Prime Time Players
The New Day*
Lucia Dragons
Dudley Boyz
The ascension
Harper & Strowman (speculation)
The Hardy Boyz (when their TNA deals are done)

Then you've got the upper mid-carders, mid-card, etc. all being tossed around and thrown in endless circles. Guys Like Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Randy Orton, Rusev, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Neville, Big show, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, The Miz, Chris Jericho, Shaemus, etc..(now HERE is where he will come from)

Then you have the "almost" no chance guys like Mark Henry, R-Truth, Stardust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Erik Rowan, and the list goes on and on..(nobody on this list could convincingly carry the belt except maybe Stardust)

Then you have those that could returning from injury, Daniel Bryan forcing his rematch clause, unlikely but possible signees Austin Aries, etc. (DB is waiting on the third evaluation, I don't think they will be signin anyone new)

Or NXT debut stars like Somoa Joe, Baron Corbin, Finn Balor, Zayne, etc..(nobody here is ready to move up yet, nxt needs them)

A lot of possibilities but where from? I put in parentheses why not some of em.

So who do you think??

I would like to see an Ambrose/Owens feud. I feel the matches would be excellent and the brawls would be epic. Add that in with the promo skills of both men and I think you get a compelling feud that the crowd will really buy into. Hell, it may even make the title mean something.

I agree with you 100%. An Ambrose/Owens feud would really be awesome. I'm gonna use my vote for Cesaro.

I'd love to see the title on Cesaro, or even Cody Rhodes (not stardust)
Both of these guys have world title potential.

Next face to hold it will lose it too Barrett...not saying this cause im a fan but because Vince likes to put it on hil when Barrett has nothing else to do.

The person most likely to win in next is missing from the list, Sami Zayn. I don't think WWE can resist continuing the Owens vs Zayn real life dramatization. There's no way they send Sami back to NXT after his debut against Cena.

I believe they'll hold off returning Zayn for two reasons; one, to push the feud to Mania, and two, because the man has been out twice with the same injury. I'd be willing to bet that they won't clear him until after Survivor Series. Spark the feud for TLC, skip a PPV for the Rumble, Zayn becomes number one contender at Fastlane, wins at Mania.

I think the story rights itself and the correct decision is to hold off on Zayn's return until they are completely sure he's healthy.

I also wouldn't be surprised if WWE let Ryback go over at Hell in a Cell, only to lose to Owens in the rubber match at Survivor Series. Hard call to make, a win for Ryback would be very good for him, but do they want that? Do they want Owens' reign broken up?

Maybe Randy Orton, it seems like he can use something to do right now. Sami Zayn will probably be the guy to take it off him though.

I would like to see Kevin Owens and Rusev go at it. It probably will be Ryback again but afterwards Cesaro or Rusev(face) would be cool. I do like the KO/Ambrose feud that also would be cool.
How about Kevin Owens and Wade Barrett that might work as well.

I would like to see Kevin Owens and Rusev go at it. It probably will be Ryback again but afterwards Cesaro or Rusev(face) would be cool. I do like the KO/Ambrose feud that also would be cool.
How about Kevin Owens and Wade Barrett that might work as well.

Good question. I guess Big Show. Big Show seems to do a lot of face/heel turns and he could return as a face and go after Owens.

I said this on another article and I'll say it here, if booked correctly, The Big Show Vs. Kevin Owens could be a pretty good feud. I think the best way to book it is the way they did Zayn Vs. Owens in NXT.

Big Show is the veteran who wants one more title shot but all of the young guys are hogging the spot light so he goes after Kevin Owens. This time Owens is on the defense as a tweener more so than a face.

I will agree with everyone else though, KO Vs. Dean Ambrose has a lot of potential.

It should be New Day, as they deserve ALL the Gold.

The IC Title
The US Title
The Tag Titles
Hell, the Diva's Title too.

All the gold, like Scrooge McDuck.

Seriously though, I'd like for it to be Big E/Kofi/Woods, but I think Owens should hold it for a while going forward.

If indeed Cena is taking some time off soon, then the IC title with KO needs to have someone big challenge him for it, and basically let them take the IC title to another level through a well-written feud.

Of course, Cena'll probably drop the US title before going off, to whom is the question that has to be asked. I can see him dropping it to Ziggler, if their feud is to happen soon, however, I am hoping we get Big E taking it, as the New Day with both the TAG and US belts would be great, lMO.

Then you have the "almost" no chance guys like Mark Henry, R-Truth, Stardust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Erik Rowan, and the list goes on and on..

True. The idea of putting the IC title around the waist of one of these guys goes contrary to what WWE has been doing with both minor titles. The company wanted to raise the status of the belts by having 'bigger' stars carry them...and they originally chose John Cena and Daniel Bryan, which was the right way to go. To now give the belt to a Mark Henry or Jack Swagger would work directly against what has proven to be a successful concept.

An 'impact' player is needed to wear the IC title, and in Kevin Owens, they already have one. I'd let him keep it for a good long time. After that, Randy Orton might be a good choice to succeed him, after a lengthy feud between the two. Randy is a big enough star to keep up the prestige of the title ....and the ascension might help him maintain his elite status.

For all the names posted up here, I don't see Xavier Woods' name and that's a shame. I say give the guy a chance at least. Maybe no one would expect an IC title reign for him outright. But in an era where everyone is quick to spill the beans on every behind-the-scenes thing in wrestling, him coming out of nowhere and winning the thing would be pretty cool.

NOV-JAN OR FEB feud between Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose would make for great matches, and great promos.. not just good wrestling, but that hybrid style very few could do.. we'll see viscious brawling, highspot-power moves, high flying hard hitting action.. and in the end owens should win the feud by retaining the title because A: wrestlemania 32 should be Ambrose vs Reigns vs Rollins thriple threat to determine #1 contender to wwe title. B: and i want to see Kevin Owens walk in to wm32 as the intercontinental champion and either drop it to a uber hot baby face or defeat a tough challenger who holds the us title and have Kevin Owens unify ic & us belts into the ic title since it has more wwe history.. ( dont worry the network title will debut soon!)

what ya'll think

I would say begin with some sort of battle royal, where Owens retains against the likes of Rusev, Cesaro and Ryback. Then give him a feud with Ziggler, where he wins for 2 PPVs. Then maybe have a program with Neville, in which either can win, although I think Owens would be a better choice.

But it comes down to what WWE is planning. Will Ryback get the title back? I think the IC title needs a longer reign. No one has it long enough to be elevated by the belt, or for them to elevate the belt itself. At least the U.S Championship was held for long periods of time.

Edit: Jericho wouldn't be a bad choice though, especially considering how it was set up at MSG.

For all the names posted up here, I don't see Xavier Woods' name and that's a shame. I say give the guy a chance at least. Maybe no one would expect an IC title reign for him outright. But in an era where everyone is quick to spill the beans on every behind-the-scenes thing in wrestling, him coming out of nowhere and winning the thing would be pretty cool.

I actually have Woods penciled in as US champ going forward. I think they may be going in the direction of Xavier vs Cena for HIAC, and with New Day at his disposal and the fact that Cena is taking some time off, it wouldn't be as crazy as some think to see Woods walk out of HIAC as US champ. Very many things still have to fall into place for that to happen though.

Back on topic, first name to jump to mind is Dean Ambrose, but I just don't think it's the time for that. These are probably my two favorites on the roster right now, and while the feud would be awesome neither is in a good enough position to take the loss right now. Some people say wins don't matter, and while I agree that they mean a lot less than they used to, they still mean something. Ambrose could use a couple of high profile wins before entering the IC title hunt again, as another lost feud will continue to damage him in the long-run. As for Owens, he needs to have a dominant run as IC champ. Knowing Creative, they'll find some way to halt his momentum again (they always do), but it's common sense to let Owens hold the belt for at least 4 months.

I want to go with Sami Zayn. A nice long feud between Sami and Owens over the IC title would be huge for both of them, especially Sami. Even if Zayn were to come out on the short end in this feud, it would introduce him in a huge way (again) to the main roster. Plus, these guys always bring out the best in each other so I can't see this program being anything but gold.

I feel like Rusev is headed for a Face turn and the tension between he and Owens will result in them feuding for the IC title this Winter. I don't know if Rusev will be the guy to end Owens reign, but I believe they'll have a great feud at some point. I also think the plan is to keep the IC belt on Kevin Owens until WM 32. Where Owens goes from there is curious. Does he side step toward the US Title or does he win MITB in 2016?

There's only one SuperStar on the list that could use the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt. There's only one SuperStar on the list who the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt could use. There's only one SuperStar on the list who hasn't won a Championship in the WWE or NXT. The next SuperStar that should be in line for the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt is Bray Wyatt!! F. T. B.!! Follow The Buzzards!!

Realistically the right choice is Chris Jericho.

With Cena off, we know he is gonna drop the US title, so it makes sense for Rusev to finally regain that from him.

Owens would benefit from a feud with Chris Jericho greatly, both are Canadian, Jericho would be "going for 10" and Owens would get strong heat each time he prevented this. When it finally happens and Owens drops to Jericho, it's not going to hurt him, he's not losing to some rival for a spot, it's a bona fide legend/HOF worthy person... but then the twist.

THAT is the point Jericho turns heel and reverts to his "Best..." persona and actually agrees with Owen's cynical view... He tells the fans they HAD a great IC champion in Owens but they just wanted to see real talent fail... so now HE has the belt, HE will decide when they get to see it/defended. It would raise the prestige of the belt and JerichOwens could also be part of a tag feud at the top end of the card similar to when Benoit and Jericho were prior to his first world title.

At the end, Owens turns on Jericho, either becoming a face or Jericho gets overconfident and puts his career on the line foolishly, and again he gets taken out screaming (as he's always said he loves to do) after losing to Owens, who not only then is further along but just ended Jericho's career and gets that bragging right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back