• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next Day PPV

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Did anyone else used to watch a PPV then watch it again the very next day? It's either a child thing or the quality of PPV's is declining.

I used to when i was younger, but half the time i dont even order the pay per view the day its on; unless my friends pitch in on it. that forty dollars is a lot for some pretty bad PPV's sometimes. So honestly i would say its based on the quality of the PPV if you watch it the days its and you watch a re-run the next day.

Did anyone else used to watch a PPV then watch it again the very next day? It's either a child thing or the quality of PPV's is declining.

I think it's the second one. I can watch Bound For Glory 2006 and Unbreakable 2005 over and over. Never watch the same PPV the whole way through twice in a row though. By then, I know the crappy bits.

I used to watch it live and then when I got in from school incase I missed anything

I actually watched Wretlemania 23 a couple of times since I bought it on PPV. I tried to get my money's worth by watching the repeats but only the MITB match interested me.

Since 1996 I've recorded every Monday Night Raw & Nitro show, almost every Smackdown & Thunder. And almost every iMPACT! show there is. Not to mention, I have every P.P.V. (minus one or two from 97) I don't rerecord over them, I keep them to watch later. Its a nice way to surprise yourself.. I just grab any random tape from the past & watch it.. it allows me to remember things that I'd previously forgotten.

Some of my favorite p.p.v's to rewatch over & over are Summerslam 2001, Judgment Day 2001, Royal Rumble's, (any) Survivor Series 1995, W.C.W. Slamboree 1999-2000.

Some of my favorite W.C.W. Nitro's to rewatch are from the "New Blood" angle. (May of 2000-August 2000)

As far as current, I normally watch them live & every now & then rewatch the replay immediately afterward.. but not recently. (as in since Wrestlemania) I love my tape collection though.

thats crazy what will said, cuz I thought I was the only one lol...when I was a kid, I would record RAW every monday and watch it every day of the week after school, or whatever sports practice I had at the time....nowadays tho, I dont watch either of the weekly shows, just order the ppvs...and rarely watch them more than once, and the only dvd I buy every year is WM..if im watching wrestling thats not a live ppv, chances are its the WM RR box sets, or the bret hart dvds, or the ECW blood sport dvds (which are ABSURDLY entertaining lol)

thats crazy what will said, cuz I thought I was the only one lol...when I was a kid, I would record RAW every monday and watch it every day of the week after school, or whatever sports practice I had at the time....nowadays tho, I dont watch either of the weekly shows, just order the ppvs...and rarely watch them more than once, and the only dvd I buy every year is WM..if im watching wrestling thats not a live ppv, chances are its the WM RR box sets, or the bret hart dvds, or the ECW blood sport dvds (which are ABSURDLY entertaining lol)

Since 1996, I've recorded anything & everything to do with W.W.F/E, W.C.W. & in 1999-demise, E.C.W. I even attempted recording Sunday Night HeAT when it first started, cause they had decent main events, (Taker v. Mankind, for example) but I quickly quit that, as it was a waste of tape.

To this very day, just tonight even.. I watched a Nitro from July-2000. The Nitro they had the U.S. Championship tournament, where Lance Storm won it all. I love going back & rewatching my tapes. I can fit 5 full 2 hour Monday night shows per tape, & 2 p.p.v.'s per tape. I haven't kept track of how many 1 hour shows I can fit per tape.

Regarding D.V.D.'s, the main ones I watch over & over again are: The Bret Hart dvd, Chris Benoit dvd, Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania box-sets, Undertaker dvd, R.V.D. dvd, E.C.W. dvds, (all) Monday Night Wars dvd, Eddie Guerrero dvd, & the Ladder match dvd. (I may of missed a couple, but those are the very main ones I've already watched several times over)

When I was in HS, my buds and I would order the PPV, and then it would replay right after, and we would ALWAYS watch it twice. Probably because we were drinking and we would forget what happend earlier in the show.

But I do own a semi-large amount wrestling DVDs (about 40 or so) and I still watch one about once a week or so.

On a side note, the most watched wrestling DVD I have is the Ultimate Warrior one, just because it's about the funniest thing in the world.

I don't have TV anymore, but when I did, I've only ever taped wrestling 4 or 5 times. And with each show, I'd watch it over and over and over again until I got bored. I had the Monday Night RAW with the Battle Royal where Orton won the #1 contendership to the WHC, and followed by the Benoit/HHH Ironman match, I must have watched that close to 50 times. Now, I don't even buy the DVDs, although I might be looking into getting the Royal Rumble box set, as my best friend has the WM set. I'm ranting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back