New York Region, Toronto Subregion: First Round: (10)Ultimate Warrior vs. (23)Rikishi

Who Wins This Match

• Ultimate Warrior

• Rikishi

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

the-air-canada-centre.jpg

#10 Ultimate Warrior

the-ultimate-warrior.jpg

Vs.

#23 Rikishi

Rikishi.gif

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

A squash if there ever was one. There's actually only a few people I can justify taking Warrior out of this tournament and Rikishi isn't even in smelling distance of that list. Warrior has him beat with power, quickness, and oh yeah, Warrior almost never loses.

Warrior and it shouldn't be close.

Warrior has a tendency of taking out people much fatter than Rikishi. He was mega-over in the late 80s - early 90s, plus he no-sells like mad.

It's no joke. Warrior will win this.

There is no arguement other than just hate for Warrior if somebody votes for Rikishi. This match could be done 100 times and Warrior would be 100-0. Rikishi is the type of guy that Warrior would take out in 4 minutes on a Saturday Night Main Event. This match will end after a Big Splash in the 4 minute mark of the match.

Warrior was notorious for no selling, even moreso than Hogan. In kayfabe terms he's like an early version Goldberg. As a character he was a juggernaut. Warrior dominated just about every match he was in, and he rarely ever lost, and when he did it an effort that was just short of divine intervention... he was crazy... batshit insane... just look at his promos.

Rikishi was a big dude and was capable of holding his own quite well against smaller opponents [which was close to nearly everyone else on the roster at times], the problem was that he seemingly had no Plan B against characters that could overpower him; just look at his matches against Big Show, Kane, and Brock Lesnar. Rikishi pretty much fucked because Warrior as more than enough strength to overpower him.

The Ultimate Warrior wins this one. Rikishi won't even get much offense in. He will get his few signature moves in but after one of them, Warrior will start to shake the ropes and start his run of power moves to end the match.

I think this match is over in 3 minutes or less. Warrior comes to the ring, and gets the better end of the offense right away. But eventually, he misses a Shoulder Tackle or something, allowing Rikishi to have control. Rikishi would hit his Samoan Drop a couple splashes in the corner, and probably a Belly To Belly Suplex or 2. Then as he delivers a Bonzai Drop or something similar that might end the match, Warrior kicks out of a pin and begins to shake the ropes.

He would get to his feet and run through his small arsenal of power moves. I think it would end with a big Body Slam on Rikishi and Warrior bouncing off the ropes to hit The Splash for the win.

Warrior wins this one pretty easily, im not saying Rikishi wont get any offense in at all, but at Warriors high point he seemed unstoppable to many, and Rikishi is one of those many in my opinion
Winner: Warrior in 7 minutes

Had to go with Warrior unfortunatly. Never really liked the Warrior but he was built up ala Goldberg to never lose.

Warrior wins but hurts him back after trying to press slam Rikishi.

Warrior in a squash match here, he wouldnt have been willing to do anything else.

Big 'Kish was good in the ring, and I loved his sit down piledriver, but Warrior would be too strong for Mr Phatu, and would anniallate him.

The most shocking aspect of this match would be that WARRIOR NO-SOLD THE STINKFACE!!!! OH MY GODDD!!!!

Man...Fuck Warrior, that's right, fuck 'em. He was shit in the ring. The ONLY reason dude got over was because kids (including myself) saw him as a superhero. He'd have never gotten anywhere had he debuted today and that's a fact. Too many of us would've realized he couldn't work a lick. I will be voting against him very soon, but not just yet.

Ultimate Warrior, unfortunately, gets the win here over Rikishi. Rikishi was a better than average worker in the ring despite his enormous size, but there is nothing he has in his arsenal that will stop the Warrior for the 3 count. I see this one as a semi squash, in that the big samoan will get in some offense, but UW will no sell most of it, run thru Rikishi w/a series of clotheslines, then come off the ropes for a splash and the win. Personally, I have no use whatsoever for the UW, he was sloppy and about as limited as I've ever seen a ME performer be. That being said, he WAS so over for a time during the era of the Hulk that I really can see no way that he wouldn't be booked to go over Rikishi here. I can't wait until this guy gets eliminated.

Absolute squash. Rikishi got over because of his size. He was never as big as Andre the Giant ever was, and Warrior beat Andre in less than a minute. Seriously, Warrior doesn't wait around, and I'd be surprised if this went far beyond 60 seconds. Gorilla press slam, splash, see you later, fat man.

Rikishi was a pretty interesting guy in his day. He was a pretty big guy, hardly the poster boy for physical fitness, but he was a pretty agile man for his size who possessed reasonable in ring skills and connected well with the crowd.

But he is facing the Ultimate Warrior. A guy who really took the business by storm, making a huge impact in a blaze of glory. Granted, the guy was a lunatic, and continues to be to this day, probably more so now than ever. But he had the look, he was powerful in the ring, he was unique, he was high energy, and the fans loved him.

I see Warrior toppling Rikishi in a dramatic manner. Some sort of slam or impressive display of strength and power, then a high energy explosion of celebration in the ring afterwards.

I hate Warrior, always have. Everything about this guy from his in-ring ability to his promos was mediocre. Well, not his look I guess. To be fair, the guy did have a great look to him.

However, there's no way I could justify voting for Rikishi over Warrior. The biggest moment of Warrior's life was winning the WWF Championship from Hulk Hogan at WM6. If that'd been the only thing Warrior ever did, it'd still be the equivalent to scaling Mount Everest successfully while naked compared to anything Rikishi would do in 10 lifetimes.

As much as I hate to say it, Warrior wins here and it shouldn't even be close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back