New York Region, Third Round: First Blood: (2) Undertaker vs. (7) Batista

Who Wins This Match

• Undertaker

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
And why exactly should Batista win this?

Just pointing out that the label of "incredibly overrated, roided up guy" is just as (if not more) applicable to 'Taker as it is to Batista. But to answer your question, because Batista is not only stronger and every bit as aggressive as 'Taker, he's also got the better record in gimmick matches, which I'll get to in more detail in a moment.

I couldn't give a fuck less about his overall gimmick match performances. He is 3-2 against Batista in one on one matches and he's 2-1 against him in those that were gimmick matches.

And if we ignore the matches with an unclean or otherwise controversial finish, the score's even. Which of course means we'll have to look at their past results, which show that 'Taker bleeds to midgets and midcarders without returning the favour. Batista is able to hit harder than either of those types of wrestler while being far harder to hurt.

Taking that into account Batista is the rightful winner of this match. End of story.

Just pointing out that the label of "incredibly overrated, roided up guy" is just as (if not more) applicable to 'Taker as it is to Batista. But to answer your question, because Batista is not only stronger and every bit as aggressive as 'Taker, he's also got the better record in gimmick matches, which I'll get to in more detail in a moment.

Undertaker may be slightly overrated by some but overall he is better then Batista by basically every single criteria you could come up with.

And if we ignore the matches with an unclean or otherwise controversial finish, the score's even. Which of course means we'll have to look at their past results, which show that 'Taker bleeds to midgets and midcarders without returning the favour. Batista is able to hit harder than either of those types of wrestler while being far harder to hurt.

Once again I really don't care about what Taker's gimmick match record is against OTHER superstars. He's facing Batista and his matches against him are really all that matters.

Besides, Batista isn't exactly great in gimmick matches. He lost to Cena in an "I Quit" and a Last Man Standing Match. He lost to Rey Mysterio in a no dq match and a steel cage match. He lost to Chris Jericho in a steel cage match. He lost to Edge in a steel cage match. These losses are all just from 2005-2010 when he was a main event guy.

I fail to understand why Batista is losing by as much as he is. I mean, lets cut this down to a couple things.

1. Batista has had the Undertaker's number in regular matches, and that's when the rules were in play. Batista is deadly when there are no rules in a match.

2. This isn't a match Batista has to earn a pinfall or submission in. It's right down his alley. All he has to do is bust the Undertaker open. Anyone can defeat the Undertaker in this style of match, because it's a hell of a lot easier to make someone bleed than it is to pin them for 3.

Case in point..

[youtube]89w5yvB2AHM[/youtube]

Ken Anderson (midcarder) defeated the Undertaker (Main Eventer) in a First Blood match.
-----------------

While anyone can bleed, the fact that the Undertaker has lost 2 of the 3 First Blood matches has got to go against him in every sense of the way. Oh, and the sole one he's won - was a Tag team match with Kane - against Rikishi and Haku.

I don't have to continue going on. History speaks for itself. The Undertaker has NEVER won a single's First Blood match. Ever. (technically speaking, neither has Batista - but he's also never lost, sooo..)

Batista wins this match and I have a better piece of evidence than anyone else can supply:

[YOUTUBE]Aw31Af8kfeQ[/YOUTUBE]

He actually likes to bleed! Look, need I say anymore, can anyone really argue with this?

I don't have to continue going on. History speaks for itself. The Undertaker has NEVER won a single's First Blood match. Ever. (technically speaking, neither has Batista - but he's also never lost, sooo..)

Sooo Darren Young would beat Taker in a first blood match , right?

As long as I know , the guy who has 3 previous experiences , even if 2 of them are not victories , will be the favorite against someone who has not been in that kind of match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back