• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New York MMA Ban Has Been Lifted

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
I wish I could say I knew it was going to happen, but with all the shit that's happened, I would have been dishonest. Still, it's a new day in the world of MMA and maybe UFC 200 will take place at MSG?

I also find it to be sad it took this long given how much history boxing has in this state. Congrats to everybody for this, this will only help the state get more revenue and it's more of an opportunity for fighters to make big bucks at a big venue like MSG or Barclays Center.

The legislators who spent this much time to try and not allow this sport to showcase itself in a state should be ashamed of themselves.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15046063/new-york-state-assembly-passes-bill-lifts-ban-mma

As a New Yorker, I am PUMPED about this. Not necessarily that I could go to a UFC event and not travel to Jersey, but because guys like Chris Weidman, Eddie Gordon, Jon Jones etc now have the ability to fight in front of their hometown fans. I think MSG is going to be a huge venue for future UFC events and will generate a TON of revenue for the UFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back