• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New York Legalizes Gay Marriage

What exactly does "The sanctity of marriage" even fucking mean? That some little old dude says some words and now you are allowed to fuck?

Fuck off, man.
The "sanctity of marriage" is the ideal family. Mother, father, son, daughter, etc. It's a concept people have visualized since the dawn of man. I can't blame people for feeling it's being broken. It's hard to change your customs after centuries of it being played as such.

Marriage is a man made institution and concept in general. There is no set guideline of it, or what constitutes it....therefore making it a silly thing to get all blown up over. The only union that matters in the grand scheme of things is love, and only love.
To Christians, it's a Holy constitution. As God layed it out when Adan and Eve got married, he was the... priest.

It hurts nothing and no one to allow gay marriage. Live your own fucking life.
This I can agree with. The decision of how people wish to play their life belongs to them, not you.

Not allowing homosexuals to get married is short-minded, homophobic and wrong.
So if I stand by my religious beliefs of marriage being only a man/woman thing while still holding no ill-will towards homsexuals, am I being "homophobic"? Last I checked, I don't run off at the sight of one in fear. I treat them no differently than I do anyone else, they are still people like me. Standing for your beliefs is not wrong or short-minded. It's pretty hypocritical. Why? Because you are doing the same. You want to allow gay marriage because of your own beliefs. From the point of view of many, you are the short-sighted one. But the same way it takes convincing to get such rights approved, you can't just force people who oppose it, to like it.
Comparing polygamy and same-sex marriage is a ridiculous notion that I will not bother to touch on after this. Its that short-mindedness that I am talking about. Two people is what define a marriage. Two.
For centuries, a man and a woman also defined marriage. Why else do wedding cakes come with a man and a woman on top?
When the baby boomers are old and senile, when our society evolves a little bit more, gets a little more mature.. Then this debate will be over. It's more of an equal rights issue and years from now, we'll compare it to woman's suffrage, racial equality and criticizing each other and putting differences behind us.
Yes. Because you can't force people to change their beliefs. I honestly doubt people against gay marriage will just die off like it's some fashion statement, but at the least people can learn to address the situation a bit better.
Comparing homosexuality to bestiality or polygamy is pretty darn offensive stuff there. Even if you are unintentional, it is pretty offensive stuff. Just saying.
Last I checked, there are countries in the Middle East that have polygamy legalized. Do YOU wanna tell them their beliefs are wrong and be a hypocrite?

I don't really approve of gay marriage, but then again, if such vote came here I would simply not vote. I'm not gay so why should I get involved? The decision is not mine to make. I don't oppose it, I simply don't sponsor the idea because of my beliefs. But I can't just force the masses to like my ideals. It's not just my world after all.

Unless something changed, only 7 nations in Europe made same sex marriage legal. Most just go along with civil unions. The USA is one of like 10 or 11 nations that have made same sex marriage legal on any level. (This exlcudes civil unions which are seen as the same in the UK for the most part)

But, I'm talking about with mentality and understanding, not just the law. Laws are only one aspect of it. In truth, we are still FAR behind a lot of the developed world when it comes to us being respectful of their lives.

10/15 years ago the national message was "DON'T BUTT FUCK YOU'LL GET AIDS!" You never hear that anymore because the PC world we now live in forces us to accept gays or be labeled insensitive bigots. Think about it. You don't hear too many Aids awareness campaigns anymore, do you? It's because gay butt sex spreads Aids and we can't both promote gay acceptance and Aids awareness at the same time, because they contradict each other.

Aids awareness is out. Gay marriage is in. Maybe 10 years from now we'll hear more about all the gay couples dying from Aids. After all, most things in life are circular. Something to look out for in the future.

10/15 years ago the national message was "DON'T BUTT FUCK YOU'LL GET AIDS!" You never hear that anymore because the PC world we now live in forces us to accept gays or be labeled insensitive bigots. Think about it. You don't hear too many Aids awareness campaigns anymore, do you? It's because gay butt sex spreads Aids and we can't both promote gay acceptance and Aids awareness at the same time, because they contradict each other.

Aids awareness is out. Gay marriage is in. Maybe 10 years from now we'll hear more about all the gay couples dying from Aids. After all, most things in life are circular. Something to look out for in the future.

Psst. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but one can get AIDS from vaginal sex with a woman just as easily as they could get it from anal sex with a man. Shocking right? There are still plenty of AIDS Awareness campaigns, they just don't use that bullshit reasoning because that's what it is, bullshit.

It's no different than the stupid argument of how it will lead to people marrying animals or whatever. They use whatever scare tactic they can in order to get people to vote it down even though when you examine it even a little bit, it becomes apparent that it makes zero sense. Animals cannot consent, therefore it would not be right to legalize inter-species marriage and AIDS spreads through various types of fluid transfer, therefore it is not a reason to ban gay marriage. There is absolutely no downside to legalizing gay marriage, get the fuck over yourself.

Psst. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but one can get AIDS from vaginal sex with a woman just as easily as they could get it from anal sex with a man. Shocking right? There are still plenty of AIDS Awareness campaigns, they just don't use that bullshit reasoning because that's what it is, bullshit.

It's no different than the stupid argument of how it will lead to people marrying animals or whatever. They use whatever scare tactic they can in order to get people to vote it down even though when you examine it even a little bit, it becomes apparent that it makes zero sense. Animals cannot consent, therefore it would not be right to legalize inter-species marriage and AIDS spreads through various types of fluid transfer, therefore it is not a reason to ban gay marriage. There is absolutely no downside to legalizing gay marriage, get the fuck over yourself.

Number one save your generic bullshit comebacks and conspiracy theory's for your mom. No shit you can get Aids from vaginal sex with a woman, but you know damn well a woman cannot get it from a man who didn't get it from another man either by sex or somehow swapping blood from a dude who fucks other dudes.

And I never gave an opinion on legalizing it you defensive prick. I'm just stating the fact that Aids comes from gay sex, and no, you don't see Aids awareness campaigns spread all over national media like you did in the past because it contradicts the forceful push for the rest of us to accept homosexuality.

Perhaps the most close-minded thing I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Congratulations with that.

In any event, the unfortunate part about your argument is that it's completely flawed and illogical. Otherwise, full proof.

You're making it seem as though gay sex CREATES AIDS. Which is, as some QUACK doctors will tell you, not exactly how it happens. It's spread through sexual activity in general when someone HAS AIDS.

And for the record, you don't GET AIDS. You get HIV. HIV kills you. AIDs, otherwise known as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, is what happens to your body when HIV has ruined it. Most people didn't know that about 10 to 15 years ago. Just like people didn't know that you could get HIV with straight sex. See? We learned two things in the last decade and a half.

Also, even if your concept were true... what would that have to do with gay marriage? Gay people still fuck each other up the butt without being married.

Here are some facts for you, by the way.....

In Britain for example, straight sex has been the way most acquire HIV since perhaps 1999. I doubt this statistic is much different in the U.S.

Vaginal intercourse is the most common way of acquiring the virus.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/hiv_aids.htm

But, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. Only queers do that.

I think it's rather sad and depressing that after 2000 years of "civilized" society, people still are as god damn stupid for this to even be an issue. It's just blatantly obvious that people should be allowed to love each other and that gay people should have the same rights as straight people.

Which is why this law scares the hell out of me. I feel this is going to change marriage into a complete joke.
Marriage already is a complete joke. If two people truly love each other there is no need to flaunt it with a ring and a ritual. Marriage is more of a social thing that you do in order to take the next step and "suceed" in life. It's what you're supposed to do. Get a job, get a house, get a wife, fuck, have kids. Voila! You now have an accomplished life and everything society and your parents ever asked from you.

Furthermore; Marriage is far more then a christian creation. -_- Christianity didn't create marriage. There is nothing that says that it originally was a thing between "a man and a woman".

I, for one, am happy that liberty and freedom has knocked down the front door in New York, and I hope that it continues to spread around the United States. I still don't see how same-sex marriage is such an issue besides marriage somehow being this big old "religious" thing.

Being bisexual, I absolutely cannot stand the bigotry that people spew when same-sex marriage is brought up. Some of the things I've seen include comparing a human loving another person to a human loving an animal that would have no consent. Two consenting humans that love each other should not even be compared to a person that wants to marry an animal.

Overall, this is great news for New York, same-sex couples, and freedom. It's sad that the most free country in the entire world, isn't completely free. Let's hope in the coming months and years that people will look back on this "issue" and laugh, wondering what the hell all the commotion was about. There should be no laws restricting on who we should love.

Congratulations to all those that can now get married regardless of sexual orientation. When I heard of this news, I automatically thought of one of the people I subscribe to on YouTube in ProfMTH. He isn't a wrestling fan but rather a former Catholic who is now an outspoken Atheist. I take this as a win for human rights and those that oppose it are nothing more than bigots who love to hide behind the veil of religious tolerance. BTW, ProfMTH is getting married in the near future and I am extremely happy for him. I wish him and all future married couples, whether gay or straight, the same happiness I have with my wife.

If you're gonna legalize gay marriage, you might as well legalize polygamy as well.

By making gay marriage legal, I feel you're breaking the institution of what marriage was founded on, of which being a union between a consenting 1 man and 1 woman. Which is why I don't get why some are selling the "marriage should've been a right for every couple not limited to only monogamy and heterosexual couples since the beginning of civilization" nonsense. And I despise it when people say "if we don't legalize gay marriage, what's next? the government won't allow the rich to marry the power, or black to marry white again?", arguing a slippery slope that way is silly

But, yes, society evolves and changes as this legalization was obviously an eventuality. But still, since gay marriage supporters always defend their plea on all couples deserve marraige "equality", it just brings me back to polygamy. I can see "3-way couples" gain social and mainstream popularity in america (and I don't necessarily mean in a positive way) similar to homosexuality in the 80s/90s and we'll go through the same-old crap, protests, and legal battles. Since you're pretty much changing the institution of what marriage always has been since the beginning of time, and almost changing the definition of what marriage is, then why not have any type/form of couples have the right to marry too? The same way homosexual couples argue that hetereosexual couples discriminate against same-sex couples inability to procreate, what's to stop human-animal/ghost "couples" from stating "they" are being discriminated against for their inability to consent? Many gay marraige supporters always argue you can't "stop the right to love" so all other couples deserve the same under such logic, right?

Which is why this law scares the hell out of me. I feel this is going to change marriage into a complete joke. Even though I don't agree with it, I guess I can handle the idea of any two consenting adults marrying one another, but it honestly can not go any farther than that, even if you believe that any loving couple deserves marriage. We have to draw the line somewhere -- right? As a new yorker, I hope the "marriage equality" movement ends here under marriage being defined as a union between two consenting adults. However, probably not as this is going to be a never-ending movement until the definition of marriage is completely transformed (if it isn't already). Bah, but who cares. Why bother stressing over something that doesn't even concern you or effect your life in any way or form. Marriage is already a joke anyway, what in the hell am I trying to sell

First, I have to point out that it's not necessarily the word "marriage" that is what we're after. It's equality. When I say equality, I don't mean peace, love and harmony between everybody who wants it. That's idealistic and unrealistic. GLBTQ citizens are granted the ability to gain a domestic partnership, and lots of groups say things like, "Isn't that enough? Keep marriage sacred and take what you're getting."

1.) Domestic partnerships lack dozens of rights that married straight couples get. If my partner were to fall ill and we were in a domestic partnership, more states than not have restrictions on what my rights are. My insurance wouldn't cover certain situations for my partner, and many people have died waiting for this to change. And to top that off, Christian hospitals don't allow homosexual domestic partners to have the same rights as heterosexual spouses, like pulling the plug, to name one.

2.) If we're gonna keep marriage "sacred" so to speak, ban divorce.

3.) It wasn't that long ago when people of different races couldn't marry, hetero and homo alike. The idea of that outrages anyone with a soul. I don't see the difference. If marriage is about love, all humans should be allowed that right. If it's about tax breaks, you're doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place.

And to touch on the polygamy thing, I'm not saying I support it necessarily, but if they're happy, who gives a fuck? Let them have 4 wives if they're getting the same benefits as everyone else.

If homosexual marriage were to become legalized and it DIRECTLY affected you, that's one thing. But it won't directly affect you in any way. Why even worry about it?

(this was just a general statement, not directed to you specifically Nev).

Well I always have agreed with the "if it doesnt affect you why worry about it" ideology but realistically we're all concerned with out surroundings one way or another. Raised in a Catholic environment I certainly understand the perception of those whos religion prohibits them from supporting gay marriage. I also understand those who dont feel comfortable with homosexuals in a social environment. Homosexuality goes far beyond sexual activity sometimes. Its a sub-culture, and the input of the sub-culture can be felt in an environment such as a school, work, etc. I dont know if its the mentality that you're raised with or your personal experiences but I have felt resentment towards homosexuals before. Understand what I'm saying though, I'm not saying that its right, I'm saying that its understandable. But I also believe in "do not judge lest ye be judged". In the end the Lord will judge all our lives, I have no earthly or divine right to tell someone what they can do with their personal life. Its a shame Christians get this rap for being bigots and gay haters. Me and my best friend are some of the most lenient people when it comes to homosexuals. Coming from a homophobic environment its important to learn how to let things go. In the end only God can decide whos lived right or wrong, not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back