• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NEW WWE TAG CHAMPIONS: Epico and Primo

damnit you beat me to making this thread! haha

but anyway im surprised this happened at a house show i figured this was going to happen at royal rumble or on raw very soon i think this is a good move air boom wasnt really doing much for the tag team divison as champs and they rarley teamed up on raw primo & epico are a true team and i love seeing rosa mendes each week! i hope primo & epico get a good run and i expect air boom to lose their rematch on raw now....anybody else hoping we get a heel turn from kofi? :shrug:

I don't know if this is the end of the line for Evan Bourne. Evan Bourne is great in the ring, unfortunately though, he has no personality. I'm sure Cena has his back backstage, but I'm not sure what else he has going for him. WWE has quite a few high flyers as of late with Justin Gabriel, Hunico, Sin Cara (even though he's injured), Kofi Kingston, Epico, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd... Hell, you could even throw in more technical guys that fly at times like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Alberto Del Rio. Point being that even though Bourne is great in the ring, he's damn vanilla as a character. Honestly, I don't think WWE would necessarily miss Bourne if he was let go. Give Justin Gabriel Bourne's spot on Raw.

As for the Tag Team Championships, good for Epico and Primo. They'll likely be transitional champs to the Usos or some other thrown together tag team that has nothing going on. Hopefully the Usos. Maybe they'll have a nice 6 month reign as well. Who knows? Honestly, they have to defend these titles on TV this time around because it was WELL over 30 days between some title defenses. Do they even have that rule anymore? Oh well. Point is, new champs, possibly a new start. Look for Cody did for the IC title. Also, look what Dolph did for the U.S. title. They made them relevant again. All the WWE needs to do is devote time on TV to these titles to remind people they are there, build good, personal feuds, and trust in the talent they choose to carry these titles.

I think I'm one of the few Kofi fans out there. The IWC doesn't like him much. I even liked Air Boom. I just have a feeling that Bourne has some serious issues backstage it seems. Since the suspension they were getting less and less air time and losing more and more. Even on Raw Kofi went solo against DB. I hope its just a quick drop of the titles but it won't change me as a fan if they don't keep them.

The writing on the wall is clear. Kofi will probably go back to contend for a midcard title or he will be put together with someone else to remain in the tag team division. Bourne is going to be jobbed for every singe superstar possible on raw and SD!, just like Morrison after last years WM. It's a shame but if HHH wasn't to keen on him before these incidents, I'm pretty shore that now he is already lining up the grave to drop him in. My only surprise is that it took this long to happen.
As for the title change in the house show, I can see that Raw has been jam packed for the last couple of months, however they could have put the match on SD!. A good chance for getting people to tune in to SD! was lost. In the end I'm glad it happened because it probably means that they will give more attention to tag-teams.

Is it me or are some of yall being hypocrites ?

It was this same forum that only a few months ago congratulated Air Boom and defended them because WWE finally had a tag team that the crowd enjoyed. People on here talked about how good it was to lay the work for a tag division.

Now people on this same forum are saying they did nothing for the division. They were boring, they were stale...etc. This is a load of BS. Air Boom got more television time for the tag division than when Kofi and Punk held the belts.

I remember how people in this same forum complained that you didn't ever see the tag team champions on tv. WWE gives it and you complain.

---

House Shows

People last year were complaining about how they didn't want to go to shows because nothing " exciting " happened. No title changes. Nothing unexpected. The WWE gives you a title change and people are crapping all over it.

:banghead:

Epico and Primo are great to watch and have an old school feel. They just need promos in order to generate the heat. That is what is lacking. I think they would have been a heat magnet if Vicky was the manager instead of Rosa.

Air Boom may be over but I still am glad we have tag teams in the company on tv. I remember just recently when people didn't talk about the division at all or we rarely saw it.

Oi, where'd she get those?

1.) I seriously hope this is all just apart of the fued, where they're onna do a Cryme Tyme vs Legacy thing where the challengers steal the titles and the defenders try to get them back.

2.) If it is, AirBoom is screwed.

3.) Oh course Evan's getting heat, he's a babyface who made a stupid mistake outside of the ring. If this is real then I'm extremely disappointed in WWE for trying to brush him and Kofi off just for that one thing. I have a theory about that but I'll save it for another thread.

It's been a while since a title has changed hands on a house show but I guess it is a good move. It generates some interest into the house shows which are an important part of the WWE's income. It might also get the fans interested into the tag titles if we see the new champions walking down the aisle on Monday or Friday. That will get the people talking. Surprises like these are nice, once in a while.

I guess it does raise some questions about Evan Bourne's future but then again it might as well be a ploy to garner some interest into the tag team titles. Epico and Primo seem like a decent enough tag team and they could be a perfect foil to Air Bourne or even The Usos, who also deserve a shot sometime soon. These days in the WWE, most midcard champions are built after they are given the title and something similar could be attempted with Epico and Primo.

Does it say something about me that I'm more excited about what this could possibky mean for the Usos than I am worried what it means for Kofi and Evan? Because I have been waiting for The Usos to get a Tag Title shot for who knows how long and this seems like the perfect opportunity for them.

This was a surprise. It's very rare that we see a title change at a house show, so I certainly didn't see it coming. The timing was strange, but with all the rumors about Evan Bourne getting backstage heat, it was only a matter of time. I'm a big fan of Air Boom and while I would have liked to see their reign continue, they did a ton for the division in their short time on top. At first, they were nothing but a thrown together team, but they developed some interesting chemistry and made it work. If Evan starts getting buried, it'll be a shame, but honestly, I'm not sure he was going to accomplish much more in the WWE anyway -- he doesn't fit the WE's "blueprint" in terms of size, isn't all that complete outside of the ring, lacks charisma and mic ability, etc.

Kofi shouldn't get any punishment of his own because of this, if anything, they could probably split Air Boom up and have Kofi go over Evan and launch him back into the midcard title hunt. Plus, I'm still not sold that WWE don't believe in Kofi. He was brilliant against Orton, but made one mistake which pulled the rug out from underneath him. He's more refined and experienced now, he has a connection with the crowd, he deserves a chance on his own. This may bring bad things for Evan Bourne, but I don't see it doing much for Kofi Kingston.

Now, onto the new champions. Well, I like Epico and Primo, they're a legitimate team and I've been fsirly impressed with then so far. Yeah, it's a bit early, but they're on the right path. A win over Air Boom for the tag titles will probably do wonders for them. Air Boom was a very influential team on the division, even if they weren't together long, so that'll be a great rub for the new champions. I'm excited to see what this brings, especially if this brings a "revival" of sorts in the tag team division. Epico and Primo, along with the Usos are an excellent couple of teams to work off of. I'm very excited for this.

Like most people have been saying, I hope they put more emphasis on the tag team devision. There are 3 good tag teams running around right now.
Epico & Primo
Air Boom
Uso's

Id like to see 1 or 2 new teams put together to compete with these teams. Here is a couple I threw together quickly:
Justin Gabriel & Yoshi Tatsu
Drew McIntyre & Tyson Kidd
Alex Riley & R-Truth

I'm happy that Epico and Primo are new tag champs and not just because we will now see more Rosa Mendes on our TV screens than ever. They have a lot of potential, their matches are fluid and entertaining to watch.

As for them winning it at a house show, it just shows how irrelevant the tag titles are these days which is a shame.

For me it shows Bourne is in hot water with WWE and in major jeopardy of being future endeavoured if he's not careful. He needs to make it ammends quickly because its hurting him at a crucial time in his career, he was just starting to get a push. I like Bourne and it would be sad to see yet another talent released due to backstage BS.

This should have happened on Raw. Then it would trend on Twitter, and that's all that matters in the end right?
:lol: Win

But seriously, this is most likely a good thing. Air Boom was one of those ideas that look great on paper. 2 high flyers, 2 fan favorites, 2 unused wrestlers that deserve more than what their getting, brought together to sell 2 shirts. They just didn't deliver well enough in my opinion. As for Epico and Primo, i don't like the team. After watching Carlito and Primo unify the tag titles, they just don't compare. What i like about this is the possibility of the uso's getting the a real shot and the fact that their showing actual interest in tag team wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back