• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NEW WWE TAG CHAMPIONS: Epico and Primo

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
It seems to me as if a title change has taken place at a House Show as Epico is claiming on Twitter that he and Primo are the new Tag Team Champions.

So what do you make of this?

What are your thoughts on this happening at a House Show?

Could this make the theory on Evan Bourne having a lot of heat on him reality?

Photo from Rosa Mendes, Epico and Primo's valet furthering confirmation:
AjPOEZNCEAA6SJ_.jpg

First, Congrats to them! Hopefully this means that The USO's aren't far behind as Tag Champs. Jimmy and Jey deserve the titles more the Colon 2.0 Cousins. Primo is the only man in WWE history I think to hold the Tag Titles w/ 2 members of his family. Plus Rosa looks good no matter what.

This should have happened on Raw. Then it would trend on Twitter, and that's all that matters in the end right?

In seriousness, I've been waiting for this since they debuted. Air Boom isn't a good team in my eyes. It just feels forced, I still feel like they're two singles guys thrown together. WWE should be building around teams like this. Bring in the Usos, Hawkins and Reks, Hunico and Camacho, and team up Dibiase and Hening and we have a real good division.

I really hope Kofi and Bourne feud after this. They can put on some good matches and I would love to see Kofi as a heel. Maybe give him Zeke Jackson as a body guard/tag partner to further build heat for both of them.

Now that's a bummer. If Bourne didn't get himself suspended the Teag Team division could've been more credible by now. :banghead:

If this attempt to bolster the fortunes of the Tag Team division fail, I'll blame it all on Evan Bourne.

I'm fine with this for a couple reasons:

1. Since the Evan Bourne suspension, Air Boom has rarely been seen on TV. The suspension completely stopped every amount of momentum they had.

2. This means that the Uso's will be the next team in line and the logical choice to feud with Epico and Primo. I'm a big fan of the Uso's and the more they are on TV the better.

I'm glad to see Epico and Primo become the Tag Team Champs but I wonder what made the WWE decide to do the Title change on a House Show when they easily could have done it the next night on Raw? Maybe Bourne has really pissed off the top guys backstage. Hopfully they don't future Endeavor him.

I would personally love to see Epico and Primo fued with the Usos for the gold. The match quality they could produce could put some prestige back into the Tag Team division and in the end of a nice fued hopefully give the Usos a much deserved run as the Tag Champions.

I just read about it myself a few minutes ago. This is the first time a title has changed hands in WWE at a house show in several years. Off the top of my head, I think the last time it happened was also with the tag titles in matches involving The Miz & John Morrison against CM Punk & Kofi Kingston. That was in late 2008 I think.

Epico & Primo are a fun team to watch inside the ring and their matches with Air Boom have been pretty good, if on the short side at times. I wouldn't expect title changes at house shows to become a frequent occurrence, so please nobody create that thread asking that question.

Air Boom were good champions, the overall best in a while and actually gave some relevance to the tag titles. It's just a shame about Bourne's suspension. It took longer for themt o take the title off of Air Boom than I figured, so now it's time to see if Bourne begins getting buried. It's a damn shame if Kofi gets dragged along for the ride though.

finally airboom was getting stale and its bournes fault he ruined the momentum the tag division was getting and kofi suffered from it however i am now waiting for the tag division to build more steam maybe a match at mania between usos and the colons 2.0 and that would bring the tag titles to a legit meaning

Odd considering Primo and Epico have fuck -all heat. Did the change take place in a latin country? If so, could be a home town title switch, wereas they will be switched back before the next tv taping. Used to happen all the time back in the 80s and 90s.

Bourne must have failed another test if this is going to stick.

I just read about it myself a few minutes ago. This is the first time a title has changed hands in WWE at a house show in several years. Off the top of my head, I think the last time it happened was also with the tag titles in matches involving The Miz & John Morrison against CM Punk & Kofi Kingston. That was in late 2008 I think.
I watched Armaggedon 2008 recently and I remembered Lilian Garcia saying that Punk was one half of the tag team champions but Michael Cole (if I'm correct) corrected her and said that he lost the title in a house show. And that was the really last time I can recall of a title change on a house show. Oh, and I remember something about Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch but I don't know if they lost it and won it back...

About this title change, it was in the United States so it doesn't look like two title changes before RAW or even one more at this week RAW. But, in the WWE you never know.

I don't like any of WWE tag teams. They seem lost. I don't know, I wasn't feeling that good about Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston, WWE had invested in them so I was fine with it. I really tought they would be tag team partners for years to come, Bourne/Sydal is really talented and if he were on TNA or ROH he could become World Champion, in the WWE neither of these men seem possible World Title competitors, Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion but I believe he is a whole other level of talent and capability inside the ring.

Let's see what's going to happen, maybe this title change is a sign of things to come about Matt Sydal being released or just a way to WWE book the Tag Team Championship Match for Royal Rumble and then move on to Usos vs. Colons at 'Mania, which I'm not sure it's going to happen...

The title change isn't that surprising, seeing as how Air Boom lost almost all of its momentum with Bourne's suspension and the Colons have been the challengers of the month recently. I don't understand why this couldn't have happened on TV or PPV, but I am interested to see where this goes. Also, as others have said, I really hope this gets the Usos in the title hunt as well.

Like somebody said before a tag team title change has happened before at a house show. That time kofi kingston was one half of the tag champions.... kofi word of advice do not defend the tag title at a house show, you will lose. But in all seriousness this is good primo hasnt been relevant at all since he split up with carlito, now he's tag team champions with his cousin which is good.

Its unusual that I title(s) switches during a house show. Its usually never a good sign that it happens either. It is possible that WWE just wanted to see how a crowd would react to that sort of thing.

Im hoping this doesn't lead to a negative path for either Kofi or Bourne.

IF WWE decides to keep this, it might work positively. They could be trying to bring relevance back to the titles. Its almost always better when a face chases the heel for a title.

Good for Primo & Epico Colon! I was getting tired of Air Boom anyways. And that's trip that the Colon's 2.0 won the WWE tag team championship in my hometown of Oakland, California! The hispanic comunnity must have really enjoyed that moment.

But congrats to Primo & Epico Colon on winning the belts!

It's about time. I don't even remember the last time the titles were even on television. But then again who gives 2 fucks. The tag titles are so irrelevant now a days it's pathetic. The divas title holds more weight for Tebow's sake.

Cool to see a title switch at a house show. They need to do that every once in awhile to give people incentive to buy house show tickets. They can always show clips or a taping of the match on Raw or Smackdown later if they want.

You know, nothing against Epimo, but why didn't this happen for The Usos. Why makes them less deserving than Epico and Primo especially considering even with Rosa Mendes they get the same type of crowd reaction. Unfortunately I see Air Boom going the way of many tage teams that get the "experimental WWE push." They split up one turn heel and eventually one or both fade back into lower or midcard obscurity. It is a shame because I believe that Air Boom are one of the best "thrown together" tag teams that have existed for quite some time.

Oh how little they care about the tag division.

The tarnishing of the titles isn't worth the "Anything can happen" factor.

House show changes are a terrible thing for the televised era.

So what's this about the WWE rebuilding the tag division? At a House Show, really? They couldn't squeeze a ten minute match into tomorrow nights Raw? This proves just how bad the division really is. Unless the WWE has a bigger picture in mind, then I don't see the need for this change to happen at a House Show. Nonetheless, I'm glad the Tag Titles went to a team who could certainly use them. Primo and Epico seem to be an incredible team and could very well be the two that spark the division rejuvenation. As many have said, Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne have lost nearly ALL momentum since Evan's suspension so they don't need the belts anymore. Hopefully this means we see Usos pushed and get a good series of matches for the tag titles. I can certainly dig that.

Also, buh bye Evan.

1) So what do you make of this?

thanks for coming evan. they clearly dont want evan bourne around anymore i mean, they are more then likely going to fire him soon. also good for primo and epico. hopefully they dont fuck up.

2) What are your thoughts on this happening at a House Show?

well the live crowd really got their money's worth, this must be possibly the first time this has ever happened.

3) Could this make the theory on Evan Bourne having a lot of heat on him reality?

duh i expect to hear that evan bourne has been future endeavoured with in the next few weeks.

I'm guessing they will be having a rematch tomorrow on RAW and I hope they do some sort of an angle where Kofi turns on Evan Bourne. Kofi has been stale for a while now and I think a heel turn could possibly make him interesting once again.

If they are going to fire Evan, I hope there is someone else lined up to tag with Kofi. They don't need to take apart tag teams, they need to make more. Ok, so Bourne apparently has heat backstage, but so did a guy named Hunter Hearst Helsley once upon a time. Del Rio got a strip ripped off him a while back by VINCE for saying he'd be coming back. Heat comes and goes. I hope they don't fire him as a knee jerk reaction.

Bye Bye Evan Bourne! The only reason I can think of to why they changed titles at a house show... they dont want to put Bourne on tv anymore.

Yep, I was there. :blush: I gotta say I was blown away, I never expected to see a title change at a non televized show but it was pretty cool. For a title match it seemed a little underwhelming for a title changer but it was entertaining. As for it's impact ai honestly don't think it has much of one, the division is still pretty dull and it changing to the new an improved colons doesn't do much. I will be interested in what happens tomorrow, I forget how it was the last time this happened but I assume they announce it. I feel bad for Kofi, don't really care about Bourne, the entire match nobody ever cheered for Evan, it was all Kofi. :lmao:

Must be a special treat to see a title change hands at a house show. There was a WWE Championship and US Title match at a house show I went to, but it essentially spoiled the ending to me since I knew there was no way the titles would change hands there. Still good matches, even if Big Show managed to back bump an RKO. Oh, and it was funny, he stopped mid-match to taunt the fans about Cena not being there. That was when they were both heels, but I think they were testing the waters for an Orton face turn, which is why he wrestled the Big Show. He did get a pretty good face reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back