New to Youtube?

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
Just a quick question. Recently started a second Youtube account, just for uploading Game Soundtracks.

One thing I have noticed though is I've had alot of personal messages from user's by the name of "JamesTIO8995" and shit like that, y'know, your generic Youtube name.

It's those stupid messages that say stuff like "Hey! I watched your video and I'm really impressed, it was amazing!!" (It was only a track from the Halo: Reach soundtrack, chill out.)

They give you links to those free bit.ly sites aswell, saying you can get more views and subscribers by clicking on the link. I've been around on the ol' Tube long enough to realise that messages like that are just a hoax, but it got me wondering..

Are those accounts and messages, sent and run by Youtube just to help out new users? Been puzzling me for like 2 hours now.

So the other day some pop-up was like YOU'RE THE 1,000,000TH VISITOR TO THIS WEBSITE, CLICK HERE FOR A $1000 WAL-MART GIFT CARD! Now I know they're hoaxes, but does Microsoft send these out to poor people so they can buy more computer accessories?

So the other day some pop-up was like YOU'RE THE 1,000,000TH VISITOR TO THIS WEBSITE, CLICK HERE FOR A $1000 WAL-MART GIFT CARD! Now I know they're hoaxes, but does Microsoft send these out to poor people so they can buy more computer accessories?

That's a completely different subject though. I've been the 1,000,000th page viewer about 8 times today and I actually have a pop-up blocker.

More than likely, they're sent by bots, much like you get them signing up to forums like this one, they're just a computer program signing up and sending messages. Same way you get the spam emails in your hotmail or gmail, just in a youtube format.

More than likely, they're sent by bots, much like you get them signing up to forums like this one, they're just a computer program signing up and sending messages. Same way you get the spam emails in your hotmail or gmail, just in a youtube format.

Yeah, it's just spam. Luckily I've not got any yet. But when I do, I just delete them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back