• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Tag Team?

gd

Plump, Juicy User
On ECW last night, Yoshi Tatsu and Tyler Reks teamed up to defeat the team of Shelton Benjamin and Zach Ryder, two very capable wrestlers. Now, a lot of you may think this is just another case of two random wrestlers teaming up, but I don't think so.

They were giving a promor together, albeit a pre recorded one, where Reks put them over as similar wrestlers from different sides of the Pacific. To me, it looked like they are trying to build a legitimate tag team out of these two. I know that may be difficult, especially considering there are no other tag teams on ECW, but at least they are trying.

If they are built up even a little bit, I think they me be another face tag team that could face Jerishow. Even though they will probably lose, it will really put Reks and Yoshi over more than anything else they could do on ECW, and it would bring more star power and interest to Tuesday nights.

So, what do you think? Is the WWE trying to build a new tag team, or am I just jumping the gun?

i certainly hope they're starting a new team. I like Yoshi Tatsu, and couldn't really care either way about Reks. Neither have anything to do. if they became a proper team, that would set them going and give ECW a much-needed tag team. Plus, it might start me caring about Reks.

I just hope they stick with Yoshi's awesome song, or make a new similar song fr them, if they do become a legit team.

Um wasn't Shelton going face thats what i wanted to know and they team him up with a heel...thats another story, again i've barely seen much of Tyler and Yoshi is good so any tag team would be fine in ECW. So i hope they turn into a proper tag team.

Its a decent tag team. They paired Reks with Yoshi just because they want people to care about Reks. THey do need a tag team and could fight Ezekiel and Kozlov as a decent tag match other than random main eventers pairing up.

By the way, the reason the paired Shelton Benjamin and Zack Ryder together to keep the feud going on and keeping it interesting.

Well, while I was definitely hoping that Yoshi Tatsu would team up with Hurricane eventually, this match is a good one as well. The two of them are very distinctive new wrestlers, yet are also a good solid match with each other. And, of course, they've proven that they are effective as a team (and are still working on their singles game.) This I think is a good move for both of them. We'll see how they do in the long run, but I think they've got a better shot than many at success.

I liked Tatsu from the beginning and Reks, while I had really no opinion at the beginning, has started to grow on me. These are two new guys who, 'till this point, didn't have much to do. This gives them a solid story to work off of and I hope that WWE follows through with this one.

It seemed more like a random tag just to get both of them on screen this week rather than a legitimate tag team in the making. It would help the two of them out if they consistently tagged together, though, as they aren't going to be pushed towards singles gold any time soon and it is tough on ECW for you to get on the air. They can still have singles matches, but they could be a duo that frequently teams up for random things. Now, I'm not a big fan of either of them, and I don't think either really has any staying power, so I doubt they'll really make a splash - and I really hope that they don't rush them into a feud with JeriShow as that's just ridiculous to think someone like Reks can take on Big Show, or that Tatsu would stand a chance against a main event star like Jericho. However, I'm all for them trying something different, and if this is a case, let's see where it goes.

Its a decent tag team. They paired Reks with Yoshi just because they want people to care about Reks. THey do need a tag team and could fight Ezekiel and Kozlov as a decent tag match other than random main eventers pairing up.

By the way, the reason the paired Shelton Benjamin and Zack Ryder together to keep the feud going on and keeping it interesting.

Thanks for that mention about the Shelton and Zack pairing, i was just unsure why they did it.

i think they were pretty good as a tag team on ECW. they worked together well and they had a promo i think they are going to be pushed as a tag team because they didnt really have anything to do.

I think they probably will end up being a team. Neither of them are close to being ECW chalengers, so whynot stick them together? A better feud for them at this stage would be to face Kozlov and Jackson, and it could solidify both teams as legitimate teams. Once the talent exchange returns with Smackdown or Raw there is scope for more work to be done there too. I like Tatsu, I'm undecided on Reks, but I certainly think there is a certain uniqueness to his style, and I think a tagteam will take them forward.

Anybody else completely indifferent to it? Yoshi has shown a spark now and then, and Reks has as well, but honestly, both are bordering on bathroom break material to me. I guess teaming them up could be good, there are far too few face tag teams at the moment, and they both have that spot monkeyish talent. Maybe they can do some good. However, It's unlikely they get even one shot at tag team gold.

I like the idea of young new guys teaming up and taking on the vets, especially when the vets are gurrent tag title holders. It gives all 4 exposure and can help put them in the tag title picture since the unified champs have to face any challenge on all 3 brands. I liked the fast paced team of Tyler and Yoshi. Great to see them together and I hope it wasn't a one time thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back