new school versus old school

WATSONationWWE

Dark Match Winner
Which match is more appealing?

John Morrison versus Shawn Michaels
arguably a dream match. sorta like old versus young shawn

John Cena Vs The Rock
we all know the story.

So which match is more appealing to you?
I know it will be run over with rock and cena but i would love to see morrison versus shawn.
What's your thoughts? explain

It's not even close!

If you want to compare them The Rock and HBK are pretty equal in status, so you can compare Cena to Morrison. That is an insult to Cena. Cena is on top of the business, the best superstar in this era up against a man who has not proved himself in singles action yet.

Why do you think Morrison versus HBK even compares?

If The Rock took on Cena at any point it would rival The Rock vs Hogan from WrestleMania 18 in my eyes. It would boost PPV buys. Morrison versus HBK would be a mid card match at No Mercy.

I would like to see something like Andre vs. Big Show or Big John Stud vs. Taker. I like the big guys who throw down.

I would also like to see some old school vs. new school tag team matches. Hart Foundation vs. the Colons or the Brain Busters vs. Priceless.

Even Faction vs. Faction would be awesome. Four Horsemen vs. Evolution would be the bomb.

Good post!!!! Err.... my answer is both lol. These are two matches i would really love to see, but I guess at the moment the most likely is going to be HBK vs Morrison. It would also be a better match than Rock/Cena in my opinion.

If Morrison gets a good singes run, I believe that it would be a better match than Rock vs Cena, as its a true past vs future match, and would have more potential for a feud. Rock vs Cena is essentially a one-off. 'The Most Electrifying Man In Hollywood' vs 'Epic Fail At Hollywood'.

BTW The Pebble . . . . . I agree about the buys thing, but i actually think you may be underestimating John Morrison. Since he lost his rapper gimmick Cena hasnt been the same. Besides, Morrison is, in my opinion, more talented than Cena (taking nothing away from Cena, as he puts so much effort into everything). I think from a match-quality standpoint, HBK/Morrison all the way.

BTW The Pebble . . . . . I agree about the buys thing, but i actually think you may be underestimating John Morrison. Since he lost his rapper gimmick Cena hasnt been the same. Besides, Morrison is, in my opinion, more talented than Cena (taking nothing away from Cena, as he puts so much effort into everything). I think from a match-quality standpoint, HBK/Morrison all the way.

Cena is the best in the company at the moment mate. As a rapper you may have found him more entertaining, but he's much more talented now than he was then.

And I wasn't underestimating Morrison. I am actually a big fan of his. I loved the moment he turned face. But he is nowhere near the level of any of the other three in this debate.

Sure a match between Morrison and HBK would be better technique wise, but psychology wise HBK would have to carry Morrison. That is what he is lacking at the moment.

The build up to Rock vs Cena would be out of this world. That alone would be more entertaining then Morrison vs HBK. Neither man will throw a million suplexes in the match, but so what? It will be an intense brawl that would get the crown involved more than HBK Morrison would.

Rock vs Cena

Young HBK could go with the best of them but John Morrison cant touch any of these guys in the ring. Rock and Cena are two of the best performers ever, the match would be great, the buildup would be great and the promo's would be hilarious.

Also if you want to bring star power into this then Rock or Cena alone are bigger than HBK and Morrison combined.

i would rather see the rock versus cena because the match would be hyped to the sky the rocks promos would be great and the fans wouldn't mo who to side with

but on the other hand i would love to see the hbk versus morrisson match because morrson is lik the younger version and both would pull off a great match withmaybe even a spot or two

and i would also like to see rey mysterio versus bourne that match would be great especially if bourne was allowed to use moves like the cyclorama and it would be the high flying match of the year

The match I would love to see is Kurt Angle vs Hulk Hogan. I know this would not be an automatic choice for many people but I personally would love to see it. Hear me out. Kurt Angle is, in my opinion, the best wrestler, bar no one, to ever enter a wrestling ring. The only person who comes close to evoking the same amount of emotion as Kurt Angle, for me, is the Hoolywood Hulkster. For me it would be interesting to see the styles of the two men meet. Kurt is renowned for his athletic ability, wrestling background and just over all talent. Hulk Hogan is known for his ring presence, his strength and his charisma. I know this match will never happen but here is a few reasons why it should:

1. This match would be the biggest draw for people like me, ever. There is no amount of money that I would not pay to go and see this match. I imagine it to be like a boxing match. 6 months prior to the fight, the contenders promote the match endlessly and when the match arrives, the hype that surrounds it is the main reason that people see it. The thing wrong with this analogy is that sometimes boxing can disappoint you. Make no mistake that if this match did ever happen it would not disappoint in terms of hype and build.

2. The match itself would be one for the ages. I can imagine Kurt Angle throwing everything at the Hulkster and Hogan just keeps coming back at him with his head shaking and the fingers pointing. "Whatcha gonna do?" Everytime I think of this I get goosebumps, honestly. I know if it was to go ahead now. Hogan could not keep up with Kurt Angle. But, if we take it back to Hogan's prime and Kurt Angles prime, I honestly have no idea who would win. Angle would hit Hogan with all the slams in the book, his wrestling skill would be superior to Hogan. Hogan would hit back with some heavy power moves, the big boot, the leg drop. I think ultimately, the wrestling skill of Kurt would be too much for Hogan. Kurt Angle is a wrestler who is comfortable in every aspect of pro wrestling: suplexes, submission, power. The list could go on and on forever.

3. And this is my last point. The crowd would go absolutely wild for a match of this caliber. A hero in another generation vs an undoubted wrestling superstar, and I use the term wrestling very literally. Who could honestly say they would not cheer when they hear Hulks music hit the arena, coming out to face the undoubted ability of Kurrt Angle? I know I would.

The match I would love to see is Kurt Angle vs Hulk Hogan.

Yeah.........maybe you don't realize this, but this match already happened at KOTR 2002. If you really want to see this match, take your ass to youtube.

Anyway.......I'd honestly rather see HBK vs. Morrison than Rock vs. Cena. Let me tell you why.

From a business standpoint Rock vs. Cena is the money match but its only for one night. HBK vs. Morrison may not be the match that makes people order a PPV but it is a match that will, I believe, have a big effect on the business for years to come. In the case of Rock vs. Cena, it really doesn't matter who wins and who loses. Either way, Rock is leaving again so we know that Cena would win. HBK/Morrison though.........well......Morrison is being built up as a future star and future WWE/WHC. Michaels giving the rub to Morrison is far more important than having Cena go over a man who hasn't competed since WM20.

From an entertainment standpoint, I'd have to give it to Cena/Rock. These men can go in the ring, stare at each other for 10 minutes (ala Lesnar/Goldberg) and have the crowd going nuts for the entire time without doing anything. Obvious Wrestlemania match and although I HATE using this word, the match would be "epic". As for Morrison/HBK, doesn't even compare, this match could take place at any PPV except Wrestlemania. The only reason I say that is because Morrison would need to win the match and they'd never put him over HBK at a Wrestlemania.

From a wrestling standpoint, Morrison/HBK is the match. With HBK in the match, there's no need for me to really explain it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I don't think you're really watching. Cena/Rock though............hahahahaha.........I said before that they could stand there for 10 minutes and still get a great reaction......and that's a good thing because they'd need to do it. Both of these men have limited movesets and the match wouldn't go for more than 15 minutes (only including actual wrestling time). While the aura surrounding the match would be huge, the match itself would stink up the building, only nobody would realize it because its Rock and Cena.

The main reason I'd rather see Morrison/HBK??? Well quite frankly, I just can't stand The Rock and I hate John Cena even more!!

The match I would love to see is Kurt Angle vs Hulk Hogan. I know this would not be an automatic choice for many people but I personally would love to see it. Hear me out. Kurt Angle is, in my opinion, the best wrestler, bar no one, to ever enter a wrestling ring. The only person who comes close to evoking the same amount of emotion as Kurt Angle, for me, is the Hoolywood Hulkster. For me it would be interesting to see the styles of the two men meet. Kurt is renowned for his athletic ability, wrestling background and just over all talent. Hulk Hogan is known for his ring presence, his strength and his charisma. I know this match will never happen but here is a few reasons why it should:

1. This match would be the biggest draw for people like me, ever. There is no amount of money that I would not pay to go and see this match. I imagine it to be like a boxing match. 6 months prior to the fight, the contenders promote the match endlessly and when the match arrives, the hype that surrounds it is the main reason that people see it. The thing wrong with this analogy is that sometimes boxing can disappoint you. Make no mistake that if this match did ever happen it would not disappoint in terms of hype and build.

2. The match itself would be one for the ages. I can imagine Kurt Angle throwing everything at the Hulkster and Hogan just keeps coming back at him with his head shaking and the fingers pointing. "Whatcha gonna do?" Everytime I think of this I get goosebumps, honestly. I know if it was to go ahead now. Hogan could not keep up with Kurt Angle. But, if we take it back to Hogan's prime and Kurt Angles prime, I honestly have no idea who would win. Angle would hit Hogan with all the slams in the book, his wrestling skill would be superior to Hogan. Hogan would hit back with some heavy power moves, the big boot, the leg drop. I think ultimately, the wrestling skill of Kurt would be too much for Hogan. Kurt Angle is a wrestler who is comfortable in every aspect of pro wrestling: suplexes, submission, power. The list could go on and on forever.

3. And this is my last point. The crowd would go absolutely wild for a match of this caliber. A hero in another generation vs an undoubted wrestling superstar, and I use the term wrestling very literally. Who could honestly say they would not cheer when they hear Hulks music hit the arena, coming out to face the undoubted ability of Kurrt Angle? I know I would.

I rather see Bret Hart VS Kurt Angle. Hogan VS Angle happened and I am glad that Angle won fairly. But regarding the topic, Morrison VS HBK will be nice but I believe Cena VS Rock will be bigger. Since we are talking about old school vs new school here are other matches we can think of:

RVD VS AJ Styles

Alex Shelly VS Chris Jericho

I'd love to see a HBK/Morrison feud, but mine has to be Rock/Jericho.

Jericho's the best heel the industrys ever seen, no matter what crap the WWE drags him through he always has a strong showing and with major heat. The Rock coming back for one more match vs Jericho would be awesome, and the promos? Back when Jericho made his debut in the WWF he had a great promo with the Rock.... Imagine today.

I would love to see a owen/bulldog vs miz/morison sadly this match can never happen. Miz and Morison reminded me so much of these two for some reason. But of currently alive wrestlers it would be bret hart vs randy orton this wuld be the best match posible since both of these guys at the top of their respective carers (orton is currently) were the best conveying pure emotion in the ring usualy of anger. I would also love to see blackman vs the miz but thats just a personal pipe dream since I loved blackman and right now miz is my number one fav I will actually buy the ppvs if hes in the main event

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back