New Jeff Jarrett Wrestling promotion? (Spam Version)

Reflection

is a happier and wiser man
So according to Konnan, Jeff Jarrett is looking to launch a new wrestling promotion in partnership with Toby Keith, who will most likely take care of the financial aid the company will require... There are also rumors that Jim Ross might also get involved with this promotion. I know Konnan is a very unreliable source ;) but I hope the rumors are true. I'm really excited and eager to see where this goes in the coming weeks.
So what do you think? Any idea for a potential name? Or maybe some other people along with JR that you think would be a good addition to the company?

Toby Keith was also rumored to be the one interested in TNA after Dixie and Billy Corgan both denied Billy was the one interested.

Did Konnan cite a source on this or is this just one of his ramblings?

If Jeff and Toby by chance did start a company I don't know what they would call it or who they would get to be in it.

According to Forbes Toby's net worth as of 2013 is 320 million dollars so depending on how much he wanted to sink into a company he could probably get at least a decent start on something.

I just won't take any stock in this until it comes from someone more reliable than Konnan.

And by someone more reliable I mean one of the three names involved. Jeff, Toby or Jim Ross.

Toby Keith was also rumored to be the one interested in TNA after Dixie and Billy Corgan both denied Billy was the one interested.

Did Konnan cite a source on this or is this just one of his ramblings?

If Jeff and Toby by chance did start a company I don't know what they would call it or who they would get to be in it.

According to Forbes Toby's net worth as of 2013 is 320 million dollars so depending on how much he wanted to sink into a company he could probably get at least a decent start on something.

I just won't take any stock in this until it comes from someone more reliable than Konnan.

And by someone more reliable I mean one of the three names involved. Jeff, Toby or Jim Ross.

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/statuses/418520138992726016

Konnan mentioned this in a podcast, reports WrestleZone. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/442689-jeff-jarrett-possibly-announcing-new-promotion
According to him, Jeff Jarrett told him that TNA is in a really bad shape right now, and Jeff doesn't care about TNA anymore. He further added that Jeff mentioned about having a big announcement regarding a new project, which is likely to be a new promotion.
Then a fan asked JR if he has a meeting with Toby/Jarrett or did they make him any offer, but Jim Ross did not reply to that directly.

Was the "hmm" Ross' response?
I'm not trying to be a dick. I don't know much about Twitter so those things tend to confuse me.

Bear "The Hitman" Hug;4722027 said:
Who will they sign, though?

The Nasty Boys are free agents.

Seriously though, probably Styles considering he and Jarrett are such good friends. I'd prefer Jarrett to invest in an existing company as opposed to start a new one, it's not 2002 where the leftovers of WCW and ECW are there for the taking, it's 2013, and in 2013 if you're not signed to a contract with WWE, TNA, ROH, DGUSA/EVOLVE or NJPW, then chances are you're waiting out for something, pursuing other projects or not worth signing.

Was the "hmm" Ross' response?
I'm not trying to be a dick. I don't know much about Twitter so those things tend to confuse me.

And this was his other tweet was
In NOLA W/ Alabama Eli Gold & the great Lee Roy Jordan. Now hanging
w/Toby Keith & brad Nessler. Life's good
Now maybe they were just hanging out, or maybe it had to do with the rumored project. You never know.
Btw, Jim Ross tweets so much that trying to find his tweets from 5 days ago while browsing from mobile, is a daunting task in itself!

While this is intriguing, I don't think we should be flying off the handle with what ifs until there is an announcement from Jarrett at all. And even then a promotion, a brand and all the rest is a slow process.

Forgive my ignorance, but WHO is Toby Keith? I'm not American, I have no frame if reference for a country-singer's wealth and business acumen.

J.R. would be be a boon fir any wrestling promotion though, even WWE.

FUCK-THIS-COMPANY.jpg

While this is intriguing, I don't think we should be flying off the handle with what ifs until there is an announcement from Jarrett at all. And even then a promotion, a brand and all the rest is a slow process.

Forgive my ignorance, but WHO is Toby Keith? I'm not American, I have no frame if reference for a country-singer's wealth and business acumen.

J.R. would be be a boon fir any wrestling promotion though, even WWE.

Toby Keith is a wildly successful country/western singer.

Is this new "wrestling promotion" the genesis of the next TNA invasion or am I just trying to get Killjoy to call me stupid? Are we going to see Magnus get attacked by a group of masked musicians with guitars? Will we spend all of 2014 speculating on who the mysterious "lead" singer could be? Will they kidnap TNA wrestlers and keep them captive in their tour bus?

Is this new "wrestling promotion" the genesis of the next TNA invasion or am I just trying to get Killjoy to call me stupid? Are we going to see Magnus get attacked by a group of masked musicians with guitars? Will we spend all of 2014 speculating on who the mysterious "lead" singer could be? Will they kidnap TNA wrestlers and keep them captive in their tour bus?

While I lol'd rather heartily at this, I then got sad. This is a defnite possibility, knowing TNA's penchant for renegade factions.

To be clear, Jeff Jarrett is not starting up a wrestling promotion. Toby Keith is not financing it and Jim Ross is not going to book it.

Jeff Jarrett still owns 21% of TNA. Setting up a promotion on anything but a strictly local level would be a direct conflict of interest, and would work against his own financial interests. Toby Keith does not have the time or resources to bankroll a national wrestling promotion, and much as I love Jim Ross, if he were going to come on board a wrestling promotion as a booker he'd probably have done so by now.

It's a beautiful dream, but it ain't happening.

Also; it was leaked by fuckin' Konan.

To be clear, Jeff Jarrett is not starting up a wrestling promotion. Toby Keith is not financing it and Jim Ross is not going to book it.

Jeff Jarrett still owns 21% of TNA. Setting up a promotion on anything but a strictly local level would be a direct conflict of interest, and would work against his own financial interests. Toby Keith does not have the time or resources to bankroll a national wrestling promotion, and much as I love Jim Ross, if he were going to come on board a wrestling promotion as a booker he'd probably have done so by now.

It's a beautiful dream, but it ain't happening.

Also; it was leaked by fuckin' Konan.

That's KONNAN with two 'n's. Have some respect, guy.

Hopefully Jeff Jarett can fly around with a wand like a little wrestling fairy coercing various very successful musicians to start up wrestling promotions all over the world until we're fully saturated. I eagerly await the days when Nicky Minaj's BBW (Big Booty Wrestling) will be vying for the global majority share of the potential wrestling demographic against the powerful foe of Coldplay's PMF (pretentious millionaire's federation). Until the two meet face to face, and Chris Martin unzips himself to reveal Vince McMahon to much confusion, until he reminds everyone of his classic singing and dancing routine at one of the early Slammy showings.

I mean, it's inevitable isn't it?

Maybe he's finally going to release that country record he'd planned to sixteen years ago, with Toby Keith on backing vocals?

"One morning in Tennessee, I climbed a mountain to see, whether I could stay on top, but I kept losing money and twelve years later its proven to be a flop.

Oh Dixie, why are you so mean to me?
Oh Dixie, why'd you drive AJ Styles away?
Oh Dixie, why'd you give Hogan all my money?
Oh Dixie, I had to resign so you'd let me be!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back