• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New idea for Madden games, "Create-A-Coach"

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Back in I beleive Madden 08-09, they game had a small feature called Create a fan. You could create a cool looking die hard fan for each team, with all kinds of cool realistic fan outfits. I noticed the fan would occasionally be shown on the screen during games. Now in 2010 they took this out. They can't fit loads of features into the games because of the hard drive, but they do replace things. They replaced this meaningless, but fun feature, with a meaningless piece of junk feature, called create a uniform.

Most people thought that would be cool, maybe make some custom uniforms for your favorite teams, give the Steelers a gold jersey with black pants? Dress Tom Brady in his favorite color, Pink? No. The only thing you can do, is mix and match with what the team already has, give it a fancy little name, and make it 15 seconds faster at the beginning of games. If I wanted to play the Steelers, with their default jersey and white pants, I can easily do that, I don't need to make a whole new little outfit. This feature helps with abosultely nothing, and can be replaced with something with a lot more potential.

This is where Create a Coach mode comes in. In NCAA Football 11, you can kind of do this, give him a name, and give him a team. I think it'd be a lot better, if you could make it more advanced, like create a superstar. Give him facial features, such as hair style, skin color, age. Facial hair, body structure (Fat/Skinny), background (such as being a former NFL player). I think EA games can do a lot with this feature, they don't even have to make it that detailed, all it needs to be is as detailed as create a superstar currently is. Then such is in the rosters section of the game, you can add him to a team. It doesn't even have to be outside of Franchise mode, this feature can be solely for the franchise, and would probably make it easier.

I think this would be a great idea, and would bring the Madden games one more step, into getting rid of the useless features, and replacing them with things that could give it more originality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back