New Idea For a Match

BillAlfonso

Getting Noticed By Management
Someone posted a thread about how certain matches are basically the same match, this led me to thinking about a new type of match. This match, imo, is brilliant in its simplicity and I call it a "No Finisher" match. Think of it, this would add an air of unpredictablity in the match because no one can do their finishers in the match, not even their opponent's finisher. This could be great, the unpredictability comes in because you'll never know how the match will end. Seriously, you can tell by how the finisher is performed that it's the end of the match, you see certain Pedigrees or Sweet Chin Musics early in the match and they just don't have the power, or they didn't catch their opponent quite right, or the opponent rolls out of the ring afterwards, or it's just too early and the opponent's still strong enough to take it. With this match, however, the wrestler has to find another way to beat their opponent, can you imagine Bret Hart not using the Sharpshooter, Stone Cold not using the Stunner, Ric Flair not using the Figure Four, Goldberg not using the Spear/Jackhammer, or Brock Lesnar not using the F5(top 3 finisher due to originalityfor my money)? You wouldn't know what expect, what do you guys think?

although this would be a good way to see what else wrestlers can do, it would be a let down for some fans. i know when i'm watchin i want to see shawn michaels lay somebody out with sweet chin music. when wrestlers win a match without using their finisher i feel like i've been cheated lol.

Agreed... if this was the case to add some form of unpredictability to the match, I too would feel cheated. I.E. if this happened at WM24, nobody would want to see Taker beat Edge for the title with a small package 8 minutes into the match. Sure it would be unpredictable, but people would riot. Not quite riot, but you catch my drift.

I like the idea. I know he doesn't mean to use it at the main event of wrestlemania, but like an average PPV. Now if this was used in the main event of wrestlemania, i might feel kinda pissed. But if this was a match at like judgment day or no mercy, i would like it.

i felt that the jericho vs mysterio match at extreme rules was pointless. Sure jericho wins IC titile but hes a main event wrestler and it was a dumb way to end it. he took offf the mask but no one saw anypart of reys face. and he won with a roll up. thats wat annoyed me too.

I think this has sort of been done before....im pretty sure HBK has had matches before that he couldn't use the Sweet Chin Music...

it sounds good but I think it would be boring because we would be just wainting the small package/rollup for the win....

randy orton and HBK had a match where if HBK used sweet chin music, he would lose, and if randy got himself DQ'd, he would lose the title. it was at survivor series in 2007.

Agreed. With finishers, you have the "reality" that the other wrestler is laid out, to hurt to continue, FINISHED.

I would hate to see all the work put into a match, then not able to see my favorite wrestler use his finisher and win by a roll-up. It would be fine for a heel but a load of crap for the face.

I think it's a decent idea. A lot of people are saying they don't want to watch a match build only to end in a roll up. Who says it has to be a roll up? There are other ways to end a match. Besides a lot of great matches have ended with a roll up, sunset flip, or something like that. Think about it. Bret vs. Owen at Mania, Bret vs. Piper at Mania, Bret vs. Bulldog at SummerSlam, HBK vs. HHH at SummerSlam, HBK vs. Y2J at Mania, are just a few. There are many more. I will say most of these matches saw the finisher at some point which added excitment, but the actual finish was something else. Besides I agree it would be an ok idea to try at a show like No Mercy. Especially considering every ppv has two main events now anyway. No harm in trying it in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back