New Commentators

I've never thought of a female in the announce booth. I'd actually be very much for that. Only if she pairs with Josh and Booker though. No way would I want Lawler oogling over her all broadcast and Cole would be awkward with a female.

Booker T must be a reader of the Wrestlezone forums. Here's what he tweeted:

Hey I’m looking for a female ring announcer for my ROW show in the clear lake Houston area, what to try out call 713-306- 7052

Looking for a female ring announcer send bio to ([email protected]) try out will be held at clear lake rec center saturday..

Matt Striker is a good commentator, i was watching superstars last week (1st time this year) and i think hes tryna become a heel at the table, have a listen to his comments on zack ryder and other faces...

JR and King were always my favorite combination on Raw, Tazz and Cole on Smackdown. Heyman, Styles, and Foley are other guys im a fan of. Not a big fan of the commentators they have now. Booker is bad, King is lame, Cole is annoying, and Matthews is just ok. Regal is pretty good from the little I've heard of him too.

Nice thread, newbie.

It's thought-provoking that you were thinking outside the box and wanted a female commentator. That would be something innovative and unique. Although I'm not sure the biggest portion of wrestling audiences would want it or stand for it. It's funny, the main reason WWE gave for getting rid of JR as the "voice of the WWE" was because they didn't want announcers as bigger stars than the actual superstars. Then they turn around and give Michael Cole, the biggest tool and disgrace to ever don the headset all the friggin tv time in the world. Makes sense.

There are MANY choices for great color commentators and/or former wrestlers. You have Flair, JBL[who was hilarious], Shawn Michaels[who did killer commentary in the Attitude era], DDP, and the list goes on & on. I was also a really big Paul Heyman fan when he did commentary alongside JR. I believe the dynamic was stronger and much funnier between JR & Heyman than the last 5 years or so JR/King were back. Honestly, WWE have hundreds to become the voice of the company and yet they still retain Michael Cole. Way to listen to your fanbase! I will go on record as saying no heel color commentator will ever live up the Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan. His commentary will Monsoon will commentary comedic gold and he is the guy every color man has tried to emulate since. Sad Heenan himself can't do it anymore.

William Regal should be on Raw. He's so awesome at everything (play by play, story telling, comedy) he doesn't even need a partner. If you have to give him a partner give him Matt Striker. He and Regal worked well together on NXT. Striker's a sharp guy who lets Regal do most of the entertaining. Guy's like King and Cole would take away from Regal's genius by a) starting long, off topic conversations b) interrupting him c) trying to build off him with their own lame jokes that normally fall flat and d) completely missing Regal's point and giving dumb, cheap answers to everything he says.
Regal on his own is just so brilliant he makes NXT worth watching. He can say just about anything or tell the most random, off the wall stories and somehow make it awesome! He's also a great technician who can practically sell the moves from at the table.
On Smackdown there are a few good possibilities. Joey Styles (face)+Paul Heyman (heel), Mick Foley (face)+Paul Heyman or Joey Styles (heel), or Booker T (face)+Joey Styles (heel) would be my choices. I like Booker for some reason; I honestly don't know why.
JR anywhere would be great but I don't see that happening. I wouldn't mind watching Sandow call a match just to see what he's got. If his run on Smackdown doesn't go anywhere they can have him commentate on NXT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back