• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Announcer: Jamie Keys

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, the identity of the new ring announcer on NXT has been revealed, and her name is Jamie Keys.

So far, she's been doing a fairly decent job. She actually is trying to sound excited. She's rough and unpolished, but that comes with time, and she's already better than Savannah, and she's TONS better than that boring and horrible Lauren Mayhew.

However, I think the WWE needs to stop trying to replace Lilian Garcia. She was one of a kind in my opinion and it would be much better to just bring back Howard Finkel to one of the shows. He still has it, and they could kayfabe explain him there by saying he's a great mind for the business and can help the rookies.

Oh well.

Do you think Keys is doing a good job?

She's hot. Good enough for me.

Seriously though, she's a step up from Savannah and her replacement in every way. She puts emotion into what she says and gets the job done. That's all she needs to do, and she does it well.

Sure, she's decent. I do see her as a lot better than Lauren Mayhew/Savannah, but not as promising as Lilian Garcia. Jamie Keyes was good in her role in FCW, and I think she has an announcing future on one of the main 2 shows.

One bad thing is her voice. I've already stated that she's better than Lauren, but she soulds as if there's a crab in her throat. Listen next time when she pronounces "Cottonwood".

No, I think she's pretty terrible. I thought she sounded constipated when announcing the first match this last week on NXT.

They need to stop hiring random females. Tony Chimmel has done a fantastic job for how many years in the business? Male announcers just work, and I think females could work too (Lillian?) if they were the right choice... I don't know who scouts people for NXT, but seriously...? You would think a company as big as the WWE would be able to see how terrible somebody is before giving them a mic and putting them on television.

I thought she sounded awful. She has a scratchy, annoying voice, and I would be happy to never hear it again.

I think it bothers me so much because the WWE just doesn't get it. Lillian was a good mixture of looks and voice. The WWE is so obsessed with physical appearance in their women, they will sacrifice quality work to look good.

In all honesty, I don't care if the female announcer weighs 400 lbs. Do I want to look at her? Not really, but that's why she's an announcer. If the best person for the job is unattractive, who cares?

Now, I have no knowledge of a 400 lb. woman waiting the wings (I was being extreme to make a point). I think the WWE looks for a certain look in their women, and it can take away from what should be there. Stop worrying about how the announcer looks, and get one who is worth a shit. A woman with a loud, commanding voice, that is somewhat easy on the ears. I'm not sure why we even need to see the announcer...

Jamie Keys has done a fairly decent job as announcer for NXT. She puts passion and a great tone into her voice, and she is very good looking, which is what the WWE is looking for.

Obviously, she is a little rough around the edges, but that was to be expected in her first couple weeks on the job. As she continues to develop she will become more fluid in her voice, and she will continue to grow more into the job.

She is much better then Savannah and Lauren Mayhew, and I see her becoming a stay in the WWE, as long as NXT is around or any 3rd brand that is in the WWE. If NXT happens to disperse, then I see her being the voice of Superstars which is also a good spot for her to work on her announcing as well.

She's really hot but to be honest I think she's an awful announcer. Ashley Valence, that brunette chick is a better announcer and hotter IMO. although she isn't all that great herself, I prefer Ashley.

She's more fun to look at than Savannah or Lauren and I can actually listen to her voice as opposed to the other two. I don't mind if they keep her around for a while but I wouldn't shed a tear if they dropped her. Although she's hot so I'm hoping she sticks around.

I can't stand her. She sounds like a dog whos barking out names. She's very attractive but she needs to tone down her announcing. It really sounds forceful and it comes off really poorly.

I can't stand her. She sounds like a dog whos barking out names. She's very attractive but she needs to tone down her announcing. It really sounds forceful and it comes off really poorly.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Her voice is scratchy and it bugs the CRAP out of me. I honestly don't even find her that attractive. She isn't better than Lillain Garcia at all. That backstage interviewer, Ashley Valence, has a better voice and is prettier. I honestly see her as a wrestler one day. But back to Jamie, her voice sounds forced and just awful. I honestly would rather have Savanah. Don't hate me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back