Never Been A Fan of TNA's Passé Tag Team Title Belts, How 'Bout You?

You favor a new belt design?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

One to Remember

Championship Contender
I have always felt the TNA Tag team title belts have been pretty bland and pretty unoriginal. I would like to see a little more imagination put into the next belt designs, The blandness is enough for a tag team wrestler to wanna not bother even bringing the belt out on television. Lets look:

Ceinture_TNA_Tag-Team_2007.gif

Those have been the designs since 2007 I believe but it reminds me of everything from the WCW Crusierweight title to the USWA Unified World title belt. Now very glitzly, too much black, passé design. They also are a rip off of the NWA tag team titles and I feel thats silly because TNA left the NWA and those particular NWA tag team titles only date back to 1995 or so with WCW taking the real NWA tag team titles with them.

images

WCW World Crusierweight title.. TNA has already been accused of being WCW 2.0 lets not give that any credence..
35.jpg

Reminds me of this way too much.. With Jeff Jarrett's involvement with the USWA it's all starting to make sense..

NWA_World_Tag_Team_Championship.jpg

Well hell why didn't they just keep the title lineage too since they ripped off the belt..?

Maybe I just have bad taste in belts but I think their tag titles are some of the coolest belts in wrestling. Hold those next to most of the WWE belts and I think it puts them to shame. The only flaw I would say is that it looks more fitting to be a singles title. When I first saw them I thought the center plate looked a lot like the classic IC with a few flares, but with those other pictures you provided I definitely see the resemblance to them as well. I like the side plates, I like all the black on it, the globes, the red TNA logo. I think they are a hell of a lot better than the current WWE belts, and better than the old Raw titles as well. I wouldn't change a thing about them except maybe making the globes blue instead of black.

NWAMIdwestTag5.jpg

If they must copy NWA belts here is one from NWA Midwest.

l.jpg

Much older NWA Tag team title belt. Maybe from the early '70s. Nice design overal, if not a replacement for the tag team belts then the heavyweight title.

NWATagTeam.jpg

Kinda basic a little more pleasing though. Would need altering obviously. TNA replaces NWA, put the lower 48 in place of WA, Oregon, and Idaho. Maybe Tennessee or Fla. Use the side plates from either the current TNA heavyweight title, just the globes that is or like the same side plates as used by the 2009 WWE Intercontinental title.

images

That is the All Japan Pro Wrestling International tag team title belt. Replace that belt strap with a green one and those black areas of the belt place with silver or copper.

It looks like a smalller version of the classic WWF tag team titles to me actually. However if there are striking similarities to the NWA tag titles I'm sure it was intentional. They were short on time to produce the titles at the time. They are in need of an update when you sit them next to the world and TV belts which are way better done. Question is, do you go all out like the world title or do you go retro. Me personally, since tag wrestling is a lost art, I'd prefer a retro feel to the titles.

i think TNA has pretty cool tag belts. 100x better then wwes tag belts. the only way i will like wwe tag belts more is if they bring back the old tag titels from teh 90s that the lod and outlaws and EnC held

I think those belts are awesome. I think the bigger problem is I forgot they had tag title belts in the company until I saw this post. Without the Guns their tag team division is dreadful. But the belts themselves are awesome. I think it's a classic look. It beats a spartan on a penny.

The TNA Tag Team Belts, are undoubtedly the best belts in TNA. They look prestigious and are recognisable as they have been in TNA for a few years as stated. The strap isn't of a tacky red, and I don't see a problem with the championships looking like past designs.

I don't see anything wrong with TNA's Tag Team Championship belts. I like their design. They really do not need to be redesigned, plus if they did get redesigned how do we know people won't feel even worse about the new look? They could end up looking like giant pennies like WWE's Tag Team Championships do. It wouldn't surprise me, as TNA rips them off a lot, but that's a topic for other threads. The old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and TNA's Tag Team Championship does not need fixing because there is nothing particularly wrong with them. They look pretty good to me and should retain their current look. Sometimes I think people are trying to find things to rant about on here and if the belts changed I guarantee someone will post a rant on here about how the new look sucks, there's always one of those. As for them ripping off the NWA design.... It's not like TNA has ever ripped off anything other federations do.... Oh wait, they do it all the time.

i don't really mind them too much. they have a classic feel to them and they put the toy belts the wwe has to shame.

Im not asking u all about wwe belt designs so they shouldnt be raised in urpoint. Thats like me talkin about spider man then you bringin up sumthin about the DC Universe. The tag belts are lame and basic looking. The black areas make it look incomplete. It looks even worse when they havent been buffed or polished.

Im not asking u all about wwe belt designs so they shouldnt be raised in urpoint.

Sounds like a WWE mark trying to dis TNA if you didn't want people to compare to the WWE titles should have said that. Whenever you ask what people think of a championship design alot of WWE title comparisons will come up with either current or past titles

I don't think TNA should change the tag team title belt. I actually like the look of this tag team title belt than any of the heavyweight title belts.
I like that the word TNA is in red. I like that it has black in it.

Im not asking u all about wwe belt designs so they shouldnt be raised in urpoint. Thats like me talkin about spider man then you bringin up sumthin about the DC Universe. The tag belts are lame and basic looking. The black areas make it look incomplete. It looks even worse when they havent been buffed or polished.

So your entire argument is on the grounds that they look like past belts from other organisations... but you don't want anyone else to compare them to others in their responses?

I'm confused. To you think any of the wrestlers are actually ashamed of the belts? Do you think Super Mex lays awake at night pondering about how this one pointless aesthetic change would revamp the division and his career? What practical purpose does your proposed change serve?

I've seen some valid complaints about TNA, but this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Sounds like a WWE mark trying to dis TNA if you didn't want people to compare to the WWE titles should have said that. Whenever you ask what people think of a championship design alot of WWE title comparisons will come up with either current or past titles

You sound like a WWE mark. In my life i havd viewed NWA territories, the AWA, ECW, AAA, WCW, and the WWF. If all ur one track brain can cut back to is WWE with all the other feds past and present that makes YOU ALL the WWE marks.

Sinister shadow your hatred of the copper penny tag belts is irrelevent. If i ask a out TNA's tag belts why say "atleast they arent WWE'S!!" Of course not because this is the TNA section.

Coco i dont have to hold off on criticizing belts just because TNA has other issues? The aestetics of everything from the arena to the titantron to the belts effects perception. Their belt plate looks like the facade of a fuckin bank.. thats how square and dull they are. As far as the wrestlers are concerned apparently they are if Jeff Hardy had his own belt made and the guy who wore the third design first felt the need not to keep a belt a guy like Anderson had no qualms with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back