• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need help with your character?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
So, I was talking to TBK and JGlass about how it seems some people in the fed are looking for character help - direction, gimmick, what to make their "hook". Now, I think I'm a pretty creative guy, and I'm in a fed full of creative guys, so I got to thinking that a thread where people who are struggling to make their character more interesting or even just to give them another side would really be helpful.

So hey, if you need character help, this would be a good place to ask. Maybe we can all work together to come up with something. Need an angle idea? A new twist for your wrestler? Maybe even a theme music suggestion? Ask away here.

Let's work together to make WZCW the best text-fed on the internet.

I have a general question for everyone. For the longest time I used a quote to start all of RPs. However, upon my return after Apocalypse I stopped doing that. This past week I used an actual title for my RP. For those of you that have actually read my RPs, which one do you prefer? A quote, title, or nothing at all?

I have a general question for everyone. For the longest time I used a quote to start all of RPs. However, upon my return after Apocalypse I stopped doing that. This past week I used an actual title for my RP. For those of you that have actually read my RPs, which one do you prefer? A quote, title, or nothing at all?

Personally, I've always thought the quote was a nice touch.

When used correctly a quote to start things off always gives a feeling of epic. I point to the HBO hit series The Wire, as every episode starts off with a quote that a character will utter in the episode. Now, you don't have to go that same route, I'm just pointing out that this is a technique that has been used to great success in the past.

I like the quote, but don't force it, and try to make it something that really captures the essence of your RP. If you're going to do a narrative RP where you just have Chris preparing for his match, a quote about training and hard work, while apt, would seem a little cliche. However, if you're having Chris explore the nature of heroism and you find a quote that relates to his quest, that would be a dynamite way to start the RP.

When used correctly a quote to start things off always gives a feeling of epic. I point to the HBO hit series The Wire, as every episode starts off with a quote that a character will utter in the episode. Now, you don't have to go that same route, I'm just pointing out that this is a technique that has been used to great success in the past.

I like the quote, but don't force it, and try to make it something that really captures the essence of your RP. If you're going to do a narrative RP where you just have Chris preparing for his match, a quote about training and hard work, while apt, would seem a little cliche. However, if you're having Chris explore the nature of heroism and you find a quote that relates to his quest, that would be a dynamite way to start the RP.

This captures my thoughts exactly.

I may revisit the quotes after the cycle. I agree with you JGlass. The most annoying thing about the quotes was whenever I could not find one that encompassed my RP in some way. It was frustrating because I did not want a single quote to dictate how I wrote my RP.

How can Stormrage get more ladies? Should he try a new cologne?

Serious question, I enjoy writing Stormrage RPs in first person, how do the rest of you feel about it? I've heard both ends of spectrum. People have said it is interesting and different, while others have said it limits descriptions when I'm trying to describe Mikey.

How can Stormrage get more ladies? Should he try a new cologne?
Chloroform.

Serious question, I enjoy writing Stormrage RPs in first person, how do the rest of you feel about it? I've heard both ends of spectrum. People have said it is interesting and different, while others have said it limits descriptions when I'm trying to describe Mikey.

I can definitely see both sides of it. Personally, I like first-person because it's different and there's a LOT you can do with first person - Depending on how Mikey sees himself and the language he uses can really affect a reader's interpretation of a scene, and you can also have the narration draw conclusions without it seeming like you're putting words into other characters' mouths. Plus, you can also use the actions of other characters [wincing, sneering, etc.] as seen through Mikey's eyes to also dramatically change a scene.

Yes, it's harder to do it this way than it would be if you could go third-person and view the actions from the outside-in, but I don't think it "limits" you at all. It's all in how you make the perspective work for you.

I have basically have the same question Kermit had before, are the titles in the beginning of RP's working for me or are they too much?

I was thinking about something Doc said a while ago about theme songs, and mine being the Terminator soundtrack makes people think of Terminator instead of that S.H.I.T is coming to the ring. So at some point in the future I'll change it, but I wondered if anybody had any suggestions. This is one I've got so far.

[YOUTUBE]5xpzfIAQ1uY[/YOUTUBE]

Ideally I'd want to edit out the first 20 seconds and go straight into the "here it goes" or maybe straight into the countdown. But I have no idea how to do such things. You got anything better? Or should I use that?

I'd pick this since it is a song with Robot in the name, but I'm not 100% satisfied with my theme song either so I'm not the best guy to go to.

[YOUTUBE]sFZjqVnWBhc[/YOUTUBE]

I actually toyed with that once before going back to Kraftwerk "we are the robots", and if I was going to have Daft Punk it'd either be that "Harder, better, faster, stronger" so I'll bear it in mind.

I actually toyed with that once before going back to Kraftwerk "we are the robots", and if I was going to have Daft Punk it'd either be that "Harder, better, faster, stronger" so I'll bear it in mind.

If and when you decide on a song, I would be more than happy to cut off portions of the song that you want gone and you make you a basic titantron with an image. I noticed up there that you said you didn't know how to do things like that.

If and when you decide on a song, I would be more than happy to cut off portions of the song that you want gone and you make you a basic titantron with an image. I noticed up there that you said you didn't know how to do things like that.

I'd be eternally grateful, sexual favours level of grateful

Okidoki. First off, I hope the offer still stands.

I'm not hassling creative after they brought us LL V. They need the rest.

In this excellent PPV, I thought creative threw me a whole couple of bones. I thought I was made to look as good as I could have hope for AND they gave me many people with whom Grizzly should have beef with.

My question is a threefold one:
A) When should I start feuding? I don't want to make creative do all the thinking on my behalf. Do I just enjoy the random matches until something pops up or what?

B) Beard and I had a little face-face battle. He's happily involved with Gent, so I can neither team or feud with him. The four wrestlers who eliminated Grizzly are Drake, Vega, Celeste and Chris KO. Vega has a vice-like grip on the Mayhem title, so asking for that feud would be stupid. The rest all have their own things going on AND would outclass Grizzly so badly... Same goes for Rush.

I don't know if I'm ready to commit to a tag-partner AND there are many face teams like you and JGlass already, so a tag-team looks out of he question. The trouble is, the only other undercarders that play heel are in a tag-team, so what would be a good move?

C) What I was thinking, was the Wade Barrett "Open for business" approach, but that'd require very good RP's on my part to not look like a total fool. Would this be doable?

Gent just left, form a tag team with Beard based off being manly, rugged, and hairy, then eventually turn on him and have body building and pose down contests.

Sexual Dynamite said:
Gent just left, form a tag team with Beard based off being manly, rugged, and hairy, then eventually turn on him and have body building and pose down contests.

Grizzly has a gut...

Also...

Theo is a much better RPer than I am, but I stand to learn a lot from him. I shall give him enough time to mourn, before approaching him.

On the other hand... I'm not competing against SaboSax or Technosa (or Bearded Gents). That's not smart.

I'm sure some fresh-faced heel who's only doing heel "because it's cool" will arrive. I picture Grizzly as more of a loner.

A) When should I start feuding? I don't want to make creative do all the thinking on my behalf. Do I just enjoy the random matches until something pops up or what?

When you have an idea. Your open challenge idea could work, though that's hard to pull off with the nature of e-feds and how easy it is to be outdone even when you put out a solid RP.

Just take a look at the roster and think about who you would like to work with. Come up with a plan for the feud and write a PM to a member of creative with the details of the feud. You may want to check with the person you're feuding with before you tell creative, but that's not always necessary.

You might want to try and stick with people in your part of the card: Krypto, Alhazred, Carnival of Carnage, Vega, Jimmy Flynn, Sandy Deserts, Isabella Stone... these are all options for Grizzly Bob. I think a feud with him and Jimmy Flynn could definitely work as the Flynn could be the disciplined wrestler where Grizzly Bob is equally into the thrill of sport, but has a much wilder approach to it.

B) Beard and I had a little face-face battle. He's happily involved with Gent, so I can neither team or feud with him. The four wrestlers who eliminated Grizzly are Drake, Vega, Celeste and Chris KO. Vega has a vice-like grip on the Mayhem title, so asking for that feud would be stupid. The rest all have their own things going on AND would outclass Grizzly so badly... Same goes for Rush.

I don't know if I'm ready to commit to a tag-partner AND there are many face teams like you and JGlass already, so a tag-team looks out of he question. The trouble is, the only other undercarders that play heel are in a tag-team, so what would be a good move?

Forming a tag team isn't out of the question. TBK (Gent) is taking a break, so Beard may be looking for a new buddy, but maybe you can form a team with Flynn instead of feuding, or maybe do an odd-couple thing with Krypto. Carnival of Carnage isn't exactly ready to feud with the likes of Saxton/Saboteur or Technosa (not trying to put them down, they're just such a new team), and a lower card tag team feud could help establish either team in the division. Tag team RP'ing may be more of a challenge than singles RP'ing, but it also allows you tell longer or more fleshed out stories if that's what you're into.

C) What I was thinking, was the Wade Barrett "Open for business" approach, but that'd require very good RP's on my part to not look like a total fool. Would this be doable?

I don't think it would make a lot of sense in kayfabe. What has Grizzly Bob done to attract challengers? Also, Chris KO briefly ran that angle, and it did not work out well for him.

The important thing here is to just let your imagination run wild. People are probably tired of hearing this from me, but my first major feud was with Action Saxton, and it was for a spoon. This is fake fake wrestling, and almost nothing is off the table.

Honestly Grizzly and Theo would be a fun team to read RP's for IMO. Theo would also help you develop as a writer and RP'er too which is what I think i'll gain from teaming up with IHW who is a better RP'er than I.

Problem is the undercard right now is loaded with faces between you, Thrash, Jimmy Flynn, Sandy and now Amber Warren too. Maybe you could team up with Amber Warren shortly down the road? I know JAM has said he's considering getting a tag partner and he's a pretty cool dude so you could always ask him about it.

To be fair though you are off to a good start in the fed as you currently are 2-1. Nothing wrong with that.

Honestly Grizzly and Theo would be a fun team to read RP's for IMO. Theo would also help you develop as a writer and RP'er too which is what I think i'll gain from teaming up with IHW who is a better RP'er than I.

Problem is the undercard right now is loaded with faces between you, Thrash, Jimmy Flynn, Sandy and now Amber Warren too. Maybe you could team up with Amber Warren shortly down the road? I know JAM has said he's considering getting a tag partner and he's a pretty cool dude so you could always ask him about it.

To be fair though you are off to a good start in the fed as you currently are 2-1. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with a face-face feud, especially lower on the card. I also maintain that WZCW is a lot more fun when you have a feud that you get to craft and make into something you imagined.

In this excellent PPV, I thought creative threw me a whole couple of bones. I thought I was made to look as good as I could have hope for AND they gave me many people with whom Grizzly should have beef with.

Whenever your ready, I was active for a few months before I feuded, just kicking around and honing my game until I started racking up wins, I did that by starting my own story in my RP's, this probably improved my ability to sell a feud in an RP, and not to sound arrogant, but I am not exactly struggling with my position on the card at the moment.

That might be the best move for you, if you want to be a loner still, just write your own story arch to get the practice and see if you can't start racking up some wins. Being patient got me put into the best feud possible for me, as well as a partner in Alhazred at the time and I was ready to hang with and beat the people we were against; Titus, Celeste, Steamboat Ricky, these people were no slouches.

Or you could push for a feud and have a baptism of fire, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

As far as team work goes, Beard and Grizzly were a match made in testosterone heaven. I don't see why the pair of you couldn't work together while maintaining your position on the card until you both feel ready to go after the champs.

Can't see it working. Elaborate?

On the other hand... I'm not competing against SaboSax or Technosa (or Bearded Gents). That's not smart.

I'm sure some fresh-faced heel who's only doing heel "because it's cool" will arrive. I picture Grizzly as more of a loner.

Then you might be better doing your own thing with your RP's. S.H.I.T's whole backstory started because I wanted something to do with the character and he wasn't in a feud, and I am pretty sure S.H.I.T's whole backstory got me in the final 6 of the LL.

Or you could team with Theo, who, no offense to him but you started so strong you two may well nearly be on a par.

Doc, you've never liked Blade, the character or the me. Admittedly, I'm changing his core persona for my return. But I'm asking you to tell me what's wrong with my character. Bury me if you want, just be honest. Partly out of perverse curiosity, partly because I want to go all the way with this run and I want to improve whatever way I can over last time. And, where the criticism is warranted, I will change.

If that doesn't work out, guess I'll create a new character.

This is going to be fun, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back