• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need help with my Blu Ray Player and connecting it to the internet

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Because technology is strange.

Anyway, my family recently [today] bought a Sony Blu Ray Player and want to connect it to our wireless network. We tried, and it said it was connected, but it won't allow us to do anything. This was the same thing that happened with the PS3, which is why it's upstairs now and we have the Blu Ray Player. Undaunted, we bought ourselves a Wireless Extender and set it up with a laptop. It's working perfectly well. However, when we try and connect the Blu Ray Player to it, we can connect and it says it's connected but it won't let us do anything like use Netflix, even with a wired connection. Now the strangest thing is, if we pull the player from our entertainment center and place it on a table, it works perfectly well.

At first I thought it was because of the wood in the entertainment center blocking the router's signal but now that we have the extender I have no idea what could be up.

So, WZ technology gurus - help?

The first thing you should do, if you haven't already is consult the manual. However, what you may have to do is manually configure the Blu-Ray player, and set the network information statically.

If you have a good wireless router with maximum range then you can pretty much put it anywhere and get a wireless connection. I have mine upstairs and my PS3 downstairs. I pretty much connected mine automatically to search for a wireless server. Once I found my wireless server I put in my user name and password for the wireless internet connection. I really depends on what type of connection or router you have.

I can connect game systems wireless to my router, but I can't connect other devices like a standard Blue ray player. Some are equipped with a wireless setting and some aren't.

The first thing you should do, if you haven't already is consult the manual. However, what you may have to do is manually configure the Blu-Ray player, and set the network information statically.

Not the response I was expecting, kinda figured you would say something more along the lines of "First thing you should do is put this in the "Technology Trouble shooting thread" where it belongs":lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back