NCAA Basketball Thread

So BYU forward something Davies got suspended..... For having sex with his girlfriend, thought that was absolutely hillarious. Anyways, BYU suffered, and got their asses kicked tonight. For a team that already wasn't very good, this could possibly (and hopefully) be the knockout blow to their cinderalla dreams.

Just imagine if every school had a "code of honor" like BYU's? A player at KU got caught fucking a womens player (at allen fieldhouse no less) and was gone a wopping 2 games, this guy is out for the remainder of the year. I wonder how BYU recruits, I know I would never go anywhere near that campus if I was a recruit...

Brigham Young is a Mormon University, and as such they have to fit within the standards of Mormonism. As such, the students are expected to adhere to the morality of the university, not the other way around.

As for the player, he voluntarily told school officials that he violated the conduct policy. Davies displayed exceptional strength of character. You might think he is an idiot for doing so, knowing what the consequences could be, but the fact that he was willing to volunteer the information marks him as a far better human being than most.

Brigham Young should also be commended for sticking to its guns. They chose integrity over sports success. How many schools would simply have hushed up something one of their star athletes did to break the rules until after the Tournament was over? Hell, if Davies were a Buckeye, and broke one of OSU's rules, he would be suspended NEXT year, so as not to interfere with the good season this year. Unfortunately, there are a lot more schools like Ohio State and less like BYU, where the almighty dollar of the sports programs is more important than honesty and integrity.

How could Brigham Young ever recruit athletes?

Because some people would prefer to go to a religious college. It isn't rocket science. I am not a Mormon, but I get BYU's position. I went to a religious college in Michigan that had a similar morality code. Plus, its not like there aren't other schools that do it. You think Notre Dame or Texas Christian don't have similar policies? Not necessarily identical, but as Christian schools themselves, they would also have conduct codes for students.

Purdue was a wild card coming into this season with Robbie Hummel being out for the year again but JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore have come up huge this season. The twosome that Purdue has is probably the best in all of college basketball. Purdue is also a great defensive team and they are a tough out for anyone. With the two big name seniors I could see Purdue winning it all.
I'm an Indiana fan so I have to hate Purdue, but I'm very impressed with what they have done without Hummel. In November I had expected Mich. St to be the team in the top 10 and Purdue to have 10 + losses, but this year has been lost from the start for Izzo. I wouldn't look too much into that loss at Iowa for Purdue, it was senior night and Purdue probably had their sights set on the Big 10 tourney next week.
All the top teams other than Duke were impressive this weekend, esp. OSU, but again thats a home game, but I was really impressed with Kansas on saturday, although the guards don't wow me, the Morris twins can give alot of teams trouble, especially OSU being so thin in the frontcourt. Watching Duke reminded me why I don't think they'll go deep, too much reliance on the 3 and I watched Singler shoot them out of another game. The way Singler is playing if Smith has an off night they don't really stand a chance. But like you said you can't count out a Coach K team in March, and remember Singler got really hot last year come tourney time so who knows.

My Baylor Bears layed an egg the entire season including senior night vs. the Longhorns :banghead: HERE WE COME NIT!

But in regard to this year's tourney, I cannot wait for selection sunday and to fill out my bracket. Long live the upset of the 12 seed over the 5 seed.
Look out for Belmont on your brackets. 30-4 team w/ 2 of those losses @ Tennessee.
They look very dangerous. :worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back