NBA 2K12

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Comes out today and I for one will definitely be picking it up. For my taste NBA 2K11 was easily the best basketball game I have ever played and probably the best sports game I've ever played in general and from what I've seen it looks like they upped themselves even more.

Only MLB: The Show can contend with the presentation this game has and is just a beauty to watch in motion, sometimes I forgot I was playing a basketball game when I put in NBA 2K12 and through in the legend challenges and the addition of greats like Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russell to go alongside the greatest in Michael Jordan is just icing on the cake. Honestly, I can't see this game being anything but awesome.

Needless to say I will be spending many hours playing this game. How about the rest of you basketball lovers and sports enthusiasts out there?

Well i just got my game today.I think that the legends challenge is great because of all of the diffrent legends you get to play with.I just started the creat your own player.I thought it was cool you got to talk to the owner for certin teams and give they try and get a feel of how u will be on there team.Seen that it also has a legend mode i think its called where u can be any player in the nba and play as them.I have just one ?.I know that there is a lockout out an all but WHERE ARE THE ROOKIES.I mean come on the nfl game had the rookies and they had a lockout also.Just thought it was weird its still the roster from last year with no new rookies on it.so i give it a 8/10 cause of the rookies

Not sure about the answer to your question regarding rookies, but one reason could be because they are not NBA players...yet. When Madden dropped most of, if not all rookies had been signed, not to mention the lockout was over.

I have 2k11.

Are there any major differences (besides the legends) that would make me go pick up the game after football season ends? I'm talking about changes to Association/My Player, since I'd be in those modes more than the Legends.

I have 2k11.

Are there any major differences (besides the legends) that would make me go pick up the game after football season ends? I'm talking about changes to Association/My Player, since I'd be in those modes more than the Legends.

I think so, I own both (bought 2K12 the day it came out) so I can go through some of the stuff and let you know.

First off the Legends but you know about that. The My Player has gotten much better I feel as you move to the Pro's much quicker. I found in 2K11 you spent a lot of time in the D-League and stuff like that and it took a while to really get going, this year you get to the meat and potatoes much quicker, basically they took out the boring and left the good stuff.

Association I didn't notice much difference but then again that's to be expected, Association was nailed pretty good in 2K11.

Where the differences come is in the little things, such as the Defense isn't nearly as cheap as last year. You still can't make foolish plays but I feel defense wise the game is more fair. A lot of the little glitches you notices (such as being able to block while not looking at the man shooting) has been fixed, most of the little glitches I noticed from 2K11 have been fixed.

My only real gripe with the game is although some players look real others like Nash look like an alien.

Where the game really shines though is in presentation (much like last year) and its gotten even better. The bench acts more realistically and the presentation always coincides with the era, so for example you won't hear Kurtis Blow's Basketball while playing as the 60's Celtics team with Bill Russell. Not only that if you playing with a team from the 60's, the game is in black and white much like it would have been in the 60's. It's so hard to do the presentation justice its so amazing even with how the game starts and even how the score is presented coincides with the era (so it says 4th period while playing in the 80's instead of quarter). It's really amazing what they've done with it.

All in all outside of the Legends and My Player overhaul there isn't much different, but you will notice slight improvements in everything, especially the gameplay.

I think so, I own both (bought 2K12 the day it came out) so I can go through some of the stuff and let you know.

First off the Legends but you know about that. The My Player has gotten much better I feel as you move to the Pro's much quicker. I found in 2K11 you spent a lot of time in the D-League and stuff like that and it took a while to really get going, this year you get to the meat and potatoes much quicker, basically they took out the boring and left the good stuff.

Association I didn't notice much difference but then again that's to be expected, Association was nailed pretty good in 2K11.

Where the differences come is in the little things, such as the Defense isn't nearly as cheap as last year. You still can't make foolish plays but I feel defense wise the game is more fair. A lot of the little glitches you notices (such as being able to block while not looking at the man shooting) has been fixed, most of the little glitches I noticed from 2K11 have been fixed.

My only real gripe with the game is although some players look real others like Nash look like an alien.

Where the game really shines though is in presentation (much like last year) and its gotten even better. The bench acts more realistically and the presentation always coincides with the era, so for example you won't hear Kurtis Blow's Basketball while playing as the 60's Celtics team with Bill Russell. Not only that if you playing with a team from the 60's, the game is in black and white much like it would have been in the 60's. It's so hard to do the presentation justice its so amazing even with how the game starts and even how the score is presented coincides with the era (so it says 4th period while playing in the 80's instead of quarter). It's really amazing what they've done with it.

All in all outside of the Legends and My Player overhaul there isn't much different, but you will notice slight improvements in everything, especially the gameplay.

Cant forget about the other game type. The make a hall of famer or what ever its called where you can play my player with anyone in the NBA, that's something i love about the game...great game overall, only bad thing is the passing and that you cant make good passes and if you do they usually steal it which kinda sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back