• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natalya & Beth Phoenix As A Team?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
WWE-TLC-2010-Review-Divas-Tag-Team-Tables-Match.jpg

Beth and Natalya looked good against Lay-Cool last night. They had a nice match tables match with WWE's top heel Divas. Ever since Beth's return at Survivor Series, Natalya and Beth have teamed up to fight Michelle and Layla. I know they've only had one pay per view match, but should these two become a full-time team?

Lay-Cool has a had a nice ride at the top of the women's division in WWE. They dominated 2010, but 2011 is rapidly approaching, and I think it's time someone else took over the roles as the dominant females in WWE. Natalya and Beth could be the perfect candidates for this. Both women can go in the ring, and both women are dominant females. They can kick the shit out of you, and Natalya is the Divas Champion. These two could be a real force.

I know Beth just made her return not too long ago, and some of us would probably like to see her go for the title, but I think teaming with Natalya on a full-time basis could be a good thing. She's just come back, and having a run with Natalya as a tag team wouldn't hurt her. Natalya is still pretty fresh as Divas Champion, so I don't think WWE should go to Beth VS Natalya right now. Let her have some time with the belt, and then we can see this potential match and feud somewhere down the line.

I know these two are on separate brands, but surely something could be worked out. Would it really be that big of a deal if Beth moved to Raw? Smackdown would still have Layla and Michelle, and I'm sure someone from Raw (maybe Melina or Eve) could make the move to the blue brand. We've seen wrestlers switch shows before the draft in the past, and I don't think it would be a big problem here. Lay-Cool did put Beth on the shelf as far as the storyline goes, but does Beth need to extract more revenge. Wasn't last night enough? WWE could continue Beth VS Lay-Cool, but The Glamazon is going to need a partner, and who would be better than Natalya?

I think Natalya and Beth would be great as a full-time tag team. I would like to see WWE go the distance with these two, because they have impressed me so far. It would be nice to see two face Divas like Natalya and Beth have a run together.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea of Divas switching brands? Would you like to see this team on a regular basis?

I think that it’s great that Natalya and Beth Phoenix have now become a team. Over the past couple of years, the Diva’s division has been viewed as nothing more than shit. The only real entertainment coming out of it were Lay-Cool to be honest; which in the long-run, isn’t really saying much. Sure, they're entertaining and sometimes can be pretty funny, but the Diva's division can't just live off of them two; you need something else as well. But now, with Beth Phoenix and Natalya making a team, I’d like to think that it adds some strengths both literally and figuratively to the Diva’s division.

On their own, both of these two Divas have great potential, but as a team, I can see them accomplishing much more than they would have acting as individuals. Both Natalya and Phoenix are of the best the Diva's division has to offer right now; and as a team, things can only get better. Besides, this fued between Lay-Cool and Beth/Natalya has been rather interesting. And the match that just occurred at TLC was very good when basing off of Diva’s standards. So, it’s safe to assume if this feud were to continue for a bit longer, it’d give a much needed boost to the entertainment coming out of the Divas division.

So yea, I’m all for this team happening. Not only will it make for an interesting run, perhaps now more people will start to get interested in the Divas division a bit more.

I really hope they stay together for awhile. Keeping them together will keep them from being against each other and I think right now that feud is too good to be rushed. Both of them would put on a hell of a match against each other so it would be great if they built a good amount of history between them before letting them at each other.

Also who knows, if LayCool sticks together and Beth and Natalya stick together... based on the WWE tag teams... You only need one more team to have a diva tag division...

As allies they are fine. Divas have had to team up to battle Laycool all year. We've had Mickie James and Beth Phoenix, Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly, Kelly Kelly and Tiffany, Kelly Kelly and Natalya and now Natalya and Beth Phoenix. They have been teams made just to even up things with Laycool.

The biggest problem I see with pairing them together is that they won't acheive anything together. A Diva team can't win anything (unless you split the belt like Laycool but that won't happen because that isn't the fitting of the characters of either Phoenix or Natalya). Sure they could feud with Laycool a bit more and then what? I'm calling a feud between Phoenix and Natalya (either heel turn for Phoenix or a respectful one). This seems more plausible than a tag team that leads to nothing.

A Diva tag team division would be a great idea. There's a lot of divas on the roster but they're rarely seen. I don't remember the last time Melina wrestled on Raw. What a waste of talent.
Getting a tag team division could be beneficial to the Diva's division and the company. People always complain that they're not great wrestlers but it's difficult to improve when they're not used. Want to make them better, give them a chance.
Beth and Natalya are a great tag team. They could do some real damage together and could lead to a great double cross. This could be good... but leave it too creative to screw it up somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back