• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beth/Natalya Heel Turns

I've always watched the Divas and a lot of the time I've face palmed. BUT, the Divas have been pretty good the last two weeks. Selling a story, having half decent matches and if I'm honest (for the mean time) faith has been restored. I have a worry mind. Now with Gail Kim and Melina gone (which i will add I'm GUTTED) these leaves way to many heel Divas and too little face Divas. Natalya and Beth phoenix have added to the numerous heel Divas within the company. We only have K2, Eve, AJ, Layla (Injured) and Kharma is a ???. Its timed for some heels to become faces i imagine. But I am excited. BRING IT ON.

I good with the Beth Pheonix turn, but I think the Natalya turn seems a little bit forced. Not that I don't buy it, or that she isn't credible. I just think she should be the face to Beth Pheonix's heel. I am unsure as to when Kharma is due to return, but if Beth wins at SS, you now have Beth and Natalya with only Kelly Kelly and Eve as faces. Don't get me wrong, they are both athletic and all of that, but the power that Beth and Natalya have, no one in the Divas division can match.

I'm excited to see the two most deserving divas on the roster hopefully getting set up to dominate the division. However, I kind of question exactly where this is going to go. With Gail and Melina's departures, there is a serious lack of solid in ring workers. K2 and Eve are the lead face Diva's now, and thats not good. Both clearly care about their careers, but they are simply not up to Beth and Nattie's level. Kharma won't be back until sometime late next summer I would guess. So while I would love to see those matches, I think we are still a year away. Layla will hoepefully be back soon and maybe she will step up as the leader of the face diva's. as she is actually a pretty solid in ring talent now. Idealy, Beth and Nattie dominate their brands up until next spring and then one turns face and we get a WM28 divas title match that could really rock.

i think these two divas needed to turn heel. It just feels right, these two divas are the toughest divas as of now on the roster. I think what WWE should do is have these to form a team and battle the rest of the divas one by one and take them out till there is no one left. Then around royal rumble the two divas make the first ever diva rumble which will be for the diva's title and have every diva past and present enter if they choose. the last two divas before the final entrent could be natyala and Beth and then the last diva is Kharma who enters and wins the womens title. Then Beth and Natty can say that they are better and stronger divas in the divsion thus having each others ego butting heads and kharma offers a challenge at wrestlemania. Kharma vs Beth vs Natty for the Diva's championship in a triple threat match. With no lumberjills or anything just striaght up wrestling because the past few wrestlemania's there are always lumberjills or a tag team divas match its time for some wrestling at wrestlemania

This is by no means a bad thing, the divas division is so dull, and having these two 'alpha' females come along and force a bit of change (of course in the absence of kharma) will make it a bit more interesting. I think Beth immensely deserves the title, but I can't see her winning the title at Summerslam, I just think WWE will give Kelly Kelly another few months with the title and i can see Summerslam ending in a DQ or a double-count out.

I have no major issues with it. only thing that erks me is they did it the same on both shows

it's about time the actual wrestlers get more of a push then the prissy diva's. Kelly Kelly is not useless but she is certainly no wrestler either. Beth, Natalya, Eve, Melina, Gail, Michelle McCool should have always remained the main focus of the division and i think Beth would've but she kept getting injured, Melina was a naughty girl backstage and also breaking her leg didn't help. tisk tisk lol

Layla shold be returning soon too, if her rehab is going as planned, so thats someone else that can alteast make it look like she has some skill

I wouldn't really even call them heels in my opinion . I'm from Buffalo and i plan on going to Night of Champions, and to see Beth walk in or out with gold be awesome. When it comes to Natalyla the crowd was actually cheering her when she got on the mic...so maybe the "fans" want to see a change as well.

If the WWE is serious about trying to revamp the diva's division, and having lost Gail and Melina, the time is right to bring in some established talent if they can. Sara Del Rey would be a massive get if they could. And with the Kings of Wrestling on their way perhaps the Queen could make the jump as well.
I'd also suggest Daffney if they could get her. She's been out of TNA for a while now, although I don't know what her status is right now.
Those two would be able to add some real credibility to the matches.
The real problem though, is one of time. Setting up good storylines means you need good airtime to establish the feuds, and the Diva's aren't drawing enough to warrant that time, which has led to the current situation. It's a gamble, but I would be very interested if they tried (as was suggested earlier in the thread) to launch a Diva's show. Give them the time, the storylines, and the chance to really get people over. I genuinely think if they did it right it would work, but it's a massive chance to take, and I'm not 100% sure that the WWE is prepared to take it. TNA/Impact has been spending a bit of time on the Knockout's and I've found I really quite like some of what they have going.
Still that's the good thing about this new HHH/CMPunk era, everything is in a bit of a state of change, and we're really not sure where any of this is heading.

Of note is how Impact/TNA was able to do more with their Knockouts with one show than WWE could do with their Divas on at least two shows -- up to now. Still a ways to go for WWE to improve the Divas program, but heel turns have traditionally been the way to shake up characters and divisions.

WWE Diva segments had been notoriously the time when people go to the restrooms and concession stands, until they brought in Kharma & put the strap on Kelly Kelly. With the heel turns, call-ups of talent, and the apparent shift of direction for the Diva division, and with proper storylines to give people a reason to watch, time will tell how Beth Phoenix and Natalya characters will improve the division.

I like one of the statements about how WWE can bring in someone like Sara Del Ray to help fortify the Divas with some credible heel characters that have been primarily trained to be women wrestlers and not models.

Natalya and Beth Phoenix are on the verge of being the next Lay-Cool/Bella Twins group, and right now, they've already got the greater advantage. However, there's still someone that the WWE could hire to add to their destructive nature... I speak of course, of the baddest bitch in wrestling history...

Jazz

People claim Chyna to be the best diva of all because she was dominant, but they forget that ECW had Jazz playing that roll as well, and if I may add, she did way better.

Adding her experience to a team of powerhouse divas would be AWESOME. From what I understand, Jazz hasn't had any falling outs with WWE, it's just been a matter of WWE never having much for her. Well now, they've got the perfect storyline. Bring her in as their manager.

The way I see it, this is gonna make Kharma an even bigger face, since thats what she was when she left.....with Beth and Natalya, theres no 2 better on the roster to be a legit threat to Kharma....the rest of the divas cant hold a candle to these 2 and we all know that...with them being dominate until maybe around Mania, maybe Kharma returns in time for Mania, then makes it a triple threat...that would be effing awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back