Name a gimmick that should of got over but failed.

Im shocked no one has mentioned Sean O'Haire. The gimmick he had was great. The whole influencing people to do things that were wrong even though they believed they were right. He could have led a whole stable of apostles in a way. He was steady in the ring as well.

so he was a raven wannabe? or steve richards right to censor brainwashing? or undertaker's ministry and the acolyte's? so many have done this and done it better then ohaire could dream of. now they have husky harris of all people doing this shit with the wyatt family. punk's straight edge society is another recent throw in this field.

The first three names that came to mind for me in this order is Mordecai, Boogeyman, and Muhammad Hussan.

Buddy Rose's "Blow Away" diet. A slim trim 217 pounds.

This was great. Actually encouraging fans to make fun of a fat guy. And the best part was, Rose was a great worker who could tumble over the ropes in the corner and back flip and the like. He actually got better as he got fatter.

alot come to mind.......Muhammad Hassan was supposed to go FAR, but didnt due to what happened with London. Tensai's gimmick was supposed to be strong, but too many people couldnt get Albert out of their mind. i think the Tensai gimmick would've worked if he was kept masked. Kerwin White should've been over with some heat, but his gimmick ended after the tragic death of Eddie. the Computer GM should've been revealed at some point, but it went on too long and had no payoff like was planned (at first) and one more i can think of is Kizarny. he had all sorts of debut videos and then never got over and didnt entertain the crowd in his debut match, but i think his character had potential if used as a heel.

Or it could be the whole white guy pretending to be Japanese thing.

The Berzeker.

Kidding...

I would have to agree with Mordecai the whole religious character would have a lot of feuds in the WWE. His ring work wasn't bad for what I saw of it. I think he should have stayed.

Waylon Mercy is the first that comes to mind. I feel like that gimmick had potential to be huge. But Spivey was old and hurt so they weren't able to push him to his fullest potential. I feel like Waylon Mercy could have been a main event character.

Absolutely agree with you. I think it was not only because of his nagging injuries, which ultimately led him to retire, but also because of timing. Waylon was a dark and edgy character, who kind of stood out like a sore thumb in the New Generation era which featured characters that were more of a campy variety. Had Waylon Mercy come along at the onset of the Attitude Era, he would have made much more of an impact.

Absolutely agree with you. I think it was not only because of his nagging injuries, which ultimately led him to retire, but also because of timing. Waylon was a dark and edgy character, who kind of stood out like a sore thumb in the New Generation era which featured characters that were more of a campy variety. Had Waylon Mercy come along at the onset of the Attitude Era, he would have made much more of an impact.

No. Wrong, just completely wrong. Mercy was never going to be a main event. He was a guy posed as a threat to the top guys but he was never a real contender. Especially at the time as he was pure gimmick and wwe was turning the corner into the Attitude Era when they started dropping flamboyant gimmicks for more (and not full, just more) realistic characters and storylines.

Aside from his injuries there was also Spivey's age working against him at the time. He was already over 40 at the time and frankly, the whole Waylon Mercy thing was pretty horrible. I don't understand the retroactive love for this character when during his run, there was practically no reaction from anyone, either cheers or boos, during his matches. the only reactions where for his opponents and not for him.

The first one that came to mind for me when I saw the topic was Dustin Runnels , 7 and the times he just tried to be himself. He just never seemed to move past the Golddust persona in the eyes of the fan. That always puzzled me as he had the size and ring ability.
I was also surprised Sean Ohair's Devil advocate never took off. I had really thought he would have done better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back