• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My predictions for the direction of Unified Title

JohnJohnson

aka JuanJuanson
I thought it was a little weird that the WWE would book suck a huge match at one of their insignificant gimmick pay per views, when this is clearly a Wrestlemania type match. Then I got to thinking, that this is just to give it enough time to set up for an even bigger match at WM30

The past two years WM has been headlined by Rock vs Cena. Over the past decade, Orton has kind of been looked at as Cena's counter part. The only problem is that Orton has never made it quite to the same level as Cena. I think this match is to really elevate Orton to that level so they can set up a similar match to Cena vs Rock. I think with the whole authority thing, and the fact that Orton says he's better than Austin on Raw, that this could set up Austin vs Orton at Mania.

There are some problems with that. The biggest one being that Orton would be champion, and I highly doubt they would put the belt on Austin since he won't return full time. This would also be a match that outshine's the championship. So basically we would need Orton to drop the title before WM. But f he does that, it will hurt his built up credibility. So what do we do?

Simple, Punk is still talking about being anti authority. He has history with Orton and is feuding with The Shield. Punk challenges Orton to a match at Rumble. Every week The Shield attacks Punk and helps Orton the way they did against Bryan. Triple H announces the title match to be No DQ. This pretty much guarantees Orton the win right? Wrong, in comes Austin!!! Stunners all around. This would be a great RR return that doesn't take place during the Rumble match itself.

Then we have Bryan who finally made it to the top, only to get screwed repeatedly, and never really had a run. This is what we need. Bryan wins the rumble. I think having him enter number 1 and fight the odds would be great if they go the face route. But since it's very very rare for WWE to give us a face vs face match(which I think are the best matches). I think what needs to happen is to have Bryan still enter number one, but for The Wyatts to eventually enter the Rumble and protect Bryan. The eliminate everyone for Bryan. It comes down to Bray and Bryan and Bray just smiles and eliminates himself. This turn Bryan to joining the Wyatts and he can say that when he did the right thing and worked his ass off for the fans, it got him nothing. That Bray Wyatt has promised him the one thing that matters most. This gives Bryan a way to get past the "Yes!" chants and gives us the epic match we really want for Mania. Punk vs Orton. This could be the new big WM rivalry.

This gives us two great feuds and two epic matches for the biggest wrestling even in history.

My prediction is that regardless of what happens, there will be tons of butthurt on internet wrestling froums.

So I'm saying Santino should be Unified Champ, and if he isn't, then the WWE is totally going to fail.

First I think the belt name "Unified Champ" doesn't sound right. If you have 1 Heavyweight champion then it should be called the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. However that's not the point of this thread. Ultimately I hope that with 1 "Heavyweight Champion" that the IC belt becomes more prestigious. That way if a top guy isn't in the mix for the Unified Title they can go for the IC belt. Sure it will take time to bring that back to the IC belt but with the right guys and storylines it is possible. So hoping the IC belt becomes a major championship due to having only 1 Unified Champion.

The name of the title should just be the "WWE Heavyweight Championship." Sounds simple enough. I'm actually excited for this because it'll [hopefully] mean better story lines as WWE can no longer rely on having a title belt on the line for every other feud.

They shouldn't have any world titles. Or any titles at all. Just the John Cena title for being John Cena

That way no one is better than anyone, apart from John Cena, just as the WWE likes it.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not anymore.

WWE title should have been the name, or WWE heavyweight title. The company is WWE afterall it makes a lot of sense to have the company name in there. I guess having 8 year olds do their job for them is much easier though.

Барбоса;4689643 said:
My only thought was if that poll was legitimate, WWE should have fixed it.

Democracy does not work when the majority of the voters have the IQ of a 7 year old.

Or when the voters are actually 7 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back