My Plans For Smackdown On The Road To WM

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
This is really a "would have been" plan for Smackdown but Orton winning kind of threw off things so how would this work out?

For one, I would have never had Christian win at MITB. Let's get that out of the way.

Summerslam
- Henry beats Orton for the title
- Sheamus beats Christian
- Bryan beats Barrett

Night of Champions
-Henry retains in a Fatal Four Way with Sheamus, Christian, and Orton
- Rhodes retains against Barrett and Bryan in a triple threat

Hell in a Cell
- Henry retains against Sheamus
- Orton beats Christian to end their feud
- Bryan and Sin Cara beat Rhodes and Barrett

Vengeance
- Henry retains against Orton
-Bryan beats Christian
- Barrett and Sheamus fight to a double countout
-Rhodes retains against Sin Cara or a face Ted DiBiase

Here's where the fun comes in. I don't believe Bryan is going to cash in at Wrestlemania. He's going to challenge Mark Henry at Survivor Series. Build Henry up as dominant and Bryan is the guy that can make anyone tap no matter how big. I think it would work very well.

Part 2 coming later.

Your ability to avoid using the exact same matches on consecutive pay per views baffles me.

If Vengeance was before HIAC, I would have had Henry and Sheamus on both PPV. Vengeance would have resulted in a DQ or countout.

It's just a bit too anti-climatic. The thing is, I can see all this going down, but it won't really interest me that much. If you had a swerve or two, then maybe I'd get invested in it.

Survivor Series
-Bryan beats Henry to become the new World Heavyweight Champion
- 4-on-4 Elimination Match: Orton/Sheamus/Cara/DiBiase vs. Christian/Barrett/Rhodes/Kidd

I was thinking of rehashing the Raw SS 2004 where the winning team would be in control of Smackdown. I see things between Teddy and Aksana heating up resulting in Long having to take a vacation.

TLC
-Bryan beats Henry in a Tables match
-Barrett beats Orton in a Chairs match to become #1 contender
-DiBiase beats Cara, Rhodes, and Kidd in a Ladder match to win the IC Title

Don't know what to do about Christian and Sheamus

Royal Rumble
-Bryan retains against Barrett
-DiBiase retains against Rhodes
-Rhodes wins the Royal Rumble

Elimination Chamber
-DiBiase retains against Kidd
-Orton beats Bryan, Christian, Cara, Sheamus, and Barrett to win the WHC

Orton and Barrett are the last two remaining. Barrett hits Wasteland is about to make the cover and then....

[YOUTUBE]pDvLxGoxEso[/YOUTUBE]

Wrestlemania 28
-Rhodes beats Orton to become the new WHC and can finally become dashing again
-The returning Kane and Big Show beat Henry in a handicap match
-Undertaker beats Barrett

I'm trying to come up with a new concept for the U.S. and IC Titles. I would have a 8-man Elimination match for both titles. When it's down to the final three, the first fall would be for the U.S. Title and then the remaining two wrestlers fight for the IC Title.

Sheamus, Christian, Bryan, Kidd, Ziggler, Riley, DiBiase, and Swagger would be the match participants.

-The returning Kane and Big Show beat Henry in a handicap match

Definitely a feasible set of results. It's notable that the first series of matches gives Mark Henry the greatest level of success while the second set features the ascension of Rhodes and DiBiase. I kind of figured Cody would be fighting at the top of the card by then but I'm rather surprised at your inclusion of the Million Dollar Boy. I like it, though; it makes sense of the company's teaming him with Cody now. If he's on his way up, it's a good thing.

A lot of your scenario depends on whether Mark Henry is finishing up his WWE career, as has been reported in several places. If he is, it stands to reason he'd have his last match at WM28. For that reason, you might have him peaking a little too early, losing the heavyweight title by Survivor Series. Following the same logic, if WM28 is to be his last match, would he be having to fight a handicap match against two huge enemies like Big Show and Kane? If he does, it makes sense he'd lose the match (I mean....c'mon! One guy against Show and Kane?) but I don't know that it would be a pleasing way to send him off. I'd rather see him fight just one of those guys.....win the match.....and turn face again as he waves goodbye to the WWE Universe. Then again, with the mega-push he's receiving now, he might change his mind about retiring, bringing your predictions right in line.

I would also think that Sheamus would be fighting nearer the top of the card in your scenario. He's closer in your first series, then seems to fade to an also-ran in elimination matches by the second set. I think he's going to wind up as champion of Smackdown for a long time.

All in all, it makes sense. I got a kick out of a forum member asking you about swerves.......because how do you predict them? By their very nature, they're unpredictable, right?

As a logical procession of events, I like what you've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back