My Little Pony is for ****.

My apologies. Your ethics were camouflaged by your string of offensive terms directed toward individuals that are different than you. Glad you could clear that up.

That's different. Im pretty sure there's overzealous fans of some show that would potentially annoy you. Again, as long as someone doesn't like, spam with the pony stuff, I'm cool with it.

Yes, because I don't like a show, Im gonna get banned for it, becuase it's obviously representative of my personality & posting skills. Got it.

Yes, because I don't like a show, Im gonna get banned for it, becuase it's obviously representative of my personality & posting skills. Got it.

I'm not going to ban you because you bother me. Contrary to popular belief, that's not how we do things. I don't know who will end up doing it. Bottom line - you'll fuck up, and someone will be forced to do it.

I'm not going to ban you because you bother me. Contrary to popular belief, that's not how we do things. I don't know who will end up doing it. Bottom line - you'll fuck up, and someone will be forced to do it.

Thank you for your wise words, Oracle of The Delphi.

The brony epidemic was started by trolls on 4chan, and most fans don't get that at all

and people said LOST fans were overzealous, there's fucking pony fanfics about unnamed characters that appeared for 30 seconds. The 6 main ponies are divisions of the 3 main characters of powerpuff girls

DAMMIT I DONT LIKE A CARTOON! IS THAT TOO DAMN HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
I can't speak for everyone but here's how I see it

It's not the fact you don't like it. Plenty of people don't like cartoons.

What I personally have a problem is you called every male over 18 who does like it a ***. I don't like that word at all and when you call 2 people I consider a friend a *** I like it even less

Let me reiterate that I'm not saying people shouldn't like MLP, but the degree that it gets championed is ridiculous

Dude, the shooting was tragic, but what the fuck does that have to do with MLP?

It's because I'm tired of people ragging on a show that doesn't pretend to be anything more than simple escapism. It's a place to go for 20 minutes without thinking about shit. Especially on a day like today.

I get it, okay, you're too cool for cartoons, or whatever. But today, this girly show for **** helped me deal with knowing that my friends got shot at in what was supposed to be the safest place in the world. That's everything that MLP is about. Just getting away from shit for a little while. And building a community around that just helps sustain that place outside of the episodes, which is what bronies are all about.

That's everything that MLP is about. Just getting away from shit for a little while. And building a community around that just helps sustain that place outside of the episodes, which is what bronies are all about.

Isn't that what every sitcom ever is about? Using the very broad term of sitcom = situational comedy

There's a huuuge difference in making your own community (pony forums) and bringing a pony conversation into any opportunity where more than one fan may be present

If you don't want to discuss this right now that's totally cool, but I'm legitimately curious about this phenomenon and whenever I try to discuss this with less-intelligent bronies (you know, ones that can't debate anything ever) they use a cop out like "Dude, it's just a cartoon" or "If you don't like it, don't watch it" when I'm asking about the faaans

Isn't that what every sitcom ever is about? Using the very broad term of sitcom = situational comedy

There's a huuuge difference in making your own community (pony forums) and bringing a pony conversation into any opportunity where more than one fan may be present

If you don't want to discuss this right now that's totally cool, but I'm legitimately curious about this phenomenon and whenever I try to discuss this with less-intelligent bronies (you know, ones that can't debate anything ever) they use a cop out like "Dude, it's just a cartoon" or "If you don't like it, don't watch it" when I'm asking about the faaans

There's a psychologist doing work on this right now. I'll try to dig up the links.

My suspicion is that the brony phenomena is linked to being in the right place at the right time in the consciousness of a set of young adult males. I think there's a lot to be afraid of as a 20ish male, consciously or unconsciously. It begins with 9/11, which I think is a trauma that has yet to be properly explored in the consciousness of the nation's youth. Add on the crippling economy that most of us have to face and the traditional expectations of society of males of this age, combined with total uncertainty about the future, I think MLP takes advantage of this subconscious state. It defies maleness, adulthood, and complicated realities at the exact moment that a subset of the population wrestles with those issues. I don't know if it's a healthy coping mechanism or not, but most bronies I know are successful, well rounded people, which suggests to me that it's at least not unhealthy. Some fans take it too far, sure, but there's nothing in existence that hasn't been taken too far.

Lol, fat joke

I'd kill to hear Steiner cut a promo on this topic.

There's a psychologist doing work on this right now. I'll try to dig up the links.

My suspicion is that the brony phenomena is linked to being in the right place at the right time in the consciousness of a set of young adult males. I think there's a lot to be afraid of as a 20ish male, consciously or unconsciously. It begins with 9/11, which I think is a trauma that has yet to be properly explored in the consciousness of the nation's youth. Add on the crippling economy that most of us have to face and the traditional expectations of society of males of this age, combined with total uncertainty about the future, I think MLP takes advantage of this subconscious state. It defies maleness, adulthood, and complicated realities at the exact moment that a subset of the population wrestles with those issues. I don't know if it's a healthy coping mechanism or not, but most bronies I know are successful, well rounded people, which suggests to me that it's at least not unhealthy. Some fans take it too far, sure, but there's nothing in existence that hasn't been taken too far.

Or they might be subconsciously confused about their sexuality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back