My idea for the Shield at WMXXXI

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I had an idea for each of the Shield members at next year's Wrestlemania.

Seth Rollins cashes-in MITB and wins WWE World Title.
Roman Reigns wins the 2015 Royal Rumble, and earns a WWE Title shot at WM31.
Seth Rollins defends his title at "Elimination Chamber" and loses it in a Chamber Match to- Dean Ambrose.

So, Dean Ambrose (WWE Champion) v Seth Rollins (who invokes his rematch clause) v Roman Reigns (winner of Royal Rumble) in a Triple-Threat Match for the WWE Title.

Roman Reigns wins the match and becomes the new WWE Champion.

So, you have all three having a run with the title, and all three competing for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 31.

Would you like to see this match at "Wrestlemania 31"?

No. No matter what the WWE Uncreative Team thinks, all three of them are YEARS away from being World Championship material. Would I mind seeing them in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania? Not at all, it would be a great match. But NO WAY IN HELL should it be for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Either have it be a match for the briefcase and have it open the show, or have one of the three win the United States Championship and have it be for that title.

I don't know why I came here expecting a unique idea..this is what a lot of people are saying. I'm not saying it would be a bad idea, I'm saying you're hot potatoing the titles. Rollins has maybe a month or two with the title. Ambrose has it for a month. Then they all have a reason to believe they're number one contenders, so Reigns holds it for a 2-3 months.

Here's an idea, you can have Reigns win the rumble and fight Lesnar at Mania.
Rollins can fight Cena at Mania
Ambrose can fight Triple H or Orton.

I have been saying this for weeks... It's a far better "Dual Main Event" when paired with Brock/Rock than Brock v Reigns will be.

Yes there is some "hot potatoing" involved to make it work... Ambrose has to beat Brock somehow, only to be cashed in on and then Reigns takes the belt at mania... but the positives would outweigh the negatives here... You have 3 guys who have been brought along at the same pace, and are all shining since going solo... Brock v Reigns is a short term view in putting all those eggs in one basket... allowing the 3 to fight for the belt while Rock and Brock help shoulder the "buys" of the event means that you have 3 bona fide main event stars created out of the situation... Brock can easily be first opponent to Reigns or Rollins or Ambrose could then get their proper turn over the following year depending how they go...

Make no mistake, right now is a TERRIBLE time for Ambrose to be off TV as he is the most over... a shock return/win over brock at TLC would be a brilliant kickstart to the "new Austin".

Remember Rock Austin and Trips all got their first titles very close together...so why should the Shield not do so either?

I've also had this idea. I like it. However i do feel that the idea of Reigns beating the unbeatable Brock Lesnar should blow the roof off and create a WM moment. The only thing that could stop that is the precious part of the IWC that just wants to crap on anything that they didnt make. But with the shield triple threat the crowd is gonna be split and if Reigns wins, i feel like the precious part of the IWC will shit all over him and try to boo him out the arena

I have been saying this for weeks... It's a far better "Dual Main Event" when paired with Brock/Rock than Brock v Reigns will be.

Yes there is some "hot potatoing" involved to make it work... Ambrose has to beat Brock somehow, only to be cashed in on and then Reigns takes the belt at mania... but the positives would outweigh the negatives here... You have 3 guys who have been brought along at the same pace, and are all shining since going solo... Brock v Reigns is a short term view in putting all those eggs in one basket... allowing the 3 to fight for the belt while Rock and Brock help shoulder the "buys" of the event means that you have 3 bona fide main event stars created out of the situation... Brock can easily be first opponent to Reigns or Rollins or Ambrose could then get their proper turn over the following year depending how they go...

Make no mistake, right now is a TERRIBLE time for Ambrose to be off TV as he is the most over... a shock return/win over brock at TLC would be a brilliant kickstart to the "new Austin".

Remember Rock Austin and Trips all got their first titles very close together...so why should the Shield not do so either?

In regard to your last comment...Austin had his first title run last 91 days. In this scenario how long does Ambrose have it for? 60? That's at best. Stone Cold lost it for a day to win it back for another 90 days. So there's at least a 120 day difference to your Shield comment.

Then the Rock won it and held it for 44 days, which is about 10-15 days different to what you're suggesting.

Then 277 days later Trips wins his first world title. So you're suggesting TLC-Wrestlemania is a viable comparison to 390 days that your 3 guys took. It's completely different. You wanna give all 3 of them a title opportunity in the length of Stone Cold's first 2 reigns. And that's getting them over?

Yes I'm going to the team argument. The Shield broke up in June, so by Wrestlemania they'll be singles stars for 10 months lets say? Stone Cold made his WWF debut in late 1995. He didn't win it till March 1998. So he had 2 and a half years as a singles wrestler before he won it. How about the Rock? He debuted Survivor Series 1996. Winning his first world title, at Survivor Series 1998. So you have 2 years. Less time but still. Now Trips debuted in April of 1995, it took him till August of 1999. So over 4 years. You can argue he was with DX...but that was for 2 years :shrug: even during the team he fought for mid card titles.

So this is nothing like that, I'm ignoring everybody's WCW/ECW past, so it's only fair to ignore any indie experience Ambrose and Rollins have.

All I'm saying is that this plan would hurt more than help. Brock versus Rock could be a draw, I'm not arguing that. Hell, I'd love to see a triple threat match between the Shield guys but not for the title. Maybe a mid card belt if it's needed but I don't think it is. Ambrose returns maybe in a month, you'd have to keep the feud fresh for 6 months through 3 gimmick ppv's.

Here's what I would do, run with the current plan of Reigns v Lesnar. And in a year or two set it up slowly. No title on the line, just who was the best member of the Shield. Of course, Reigns will win but it's an idea.

None of them are even ready to be world champs. SO HELL NO they shouldnt also main event Mania. I think either Cena vs Brock vs DB...DB vs Brock...Brock vs Rock will main event Mania.

I hoenstly think that Reigns vs HHH will be put off til WM. Rollins will probably face Cena if he isnt in the title match. And Ambrose will face someone like Bray Wyatt.

No it sux. Everyone's had that idea. I've read it on here like 100 times.

You know, it's no good saying that unless you explain why you think it sucks. Kudos on spelling "sucks" with an X though, you win some playground cool points.

Okay so some people are saying that "none of them are ready". Aren't they? I feel like "readiness" is a stock complaint in wrestling fandom and people don't always think about what it means. Benoit main evented a PPV and he'd only been on the roster 6 months. Angle won the title more or less within a year. The Shield have been around longer than that by now.

Ambrose has been wrestling just over ten years, same for Rollins. Both over, both talented. Reigns hasn't been wrestling as long but still has the potential in him. Additionally, they've all been upper-carders for some time now. In what way does this make them "not ready"?

So yeah OP, I like your idea. It's cool and a natural conclusion to the whole Shield thing, a bit on the ambitious side for WWE booking perhaps, but I disagree with posters saying that there's an inherent "unreadiness" between these three. Readiness is not a factor for me personally regarding the Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back