Mr. Kennedy's steroid video

Henry Hill

KAAARRREENNN!!!!!!!
so for those who haven't seen it, Mr Kennedy (Anderson, whatever) posted a new video about how to get the right look in wrestling. He posted a blog about steroids and how he "screwed himself" over in that interview from last year by lying about doing steroids, as he was "caught up in the moment." Anyways at the end of the accompanying video something conspicuously drops out of his gym bag, and he tells the camera man "not to look at that" and "those aren't mine"
Ok i completely understand that this was supposed to be tongue in cheek, however, after his previous violation and recent release, isn't it a little foolish and irresponsible to make jokes like that?

Not at all. He seems to be a legitimately charismatic guy, and the point of these videos is to show how entertaining he is outside of an episode of Raw or SmackDown. The fact that he is making jokes about his mistakes is more than ok with me. He understands he made a mistake, he paid for it, so why should he treat it like it's a current situation? He jokes because it is in the past, and everyone loves a little self-deprecating humor.

Sure i agree with making fun of yourself, and i don't deny his charisma, steroids, however is clearly a very sore subject for wrestling, especially in the mainstream media, and lets say that Anderson signs a pretty big deal with TNA and some mainstream media outlets (in all unlikely hood) pick it up and talk about the silly video as if its real. i think it took some guts and a good sense of humor to do what he did, but it could certainly come back to bite him, was my point.

No one in the mainstream media cares about wrestling unless someone considered important outside of it is involved, eg. Shaq, Donald Trump, etc., so that is no worry. It is a simple joke video that internet wresting fans will enjoy, and the non-IWC fans will never know about, just like they probably don't know he was suspended for steroids. If people want to complain about a steroid-related signing, it would be the re-signing of Chris Masters, who is carrying two strikes in the wellness policy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back