• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Anderson: More Over as a Face or a Heel?

ctln4rko

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I do not watch TNA anymore because of the predictability and let down of Bound for Glory's they revelation, but I still look at the pay per view results. Genesis, Anderson won, and within seconds, down comes Jeff Hardy smoking, Anderson wins the belt. That was very shocking to me, but not in a bad way. I am a big Matt Morgan mark, but Mr Anderson deserved it. Anderson has been face for a while now. And TNA needs as many main event/upper mid card faces as possible to battle Immortal. With the temporary loss of AJ Styles to Immortal and gain of Matt Hardy, maybe AJ will return face seeing that he did not get to compete at Genesis for the TV title. Who knows? This is not a prediction thread or what-you-want-to-see-happen-or-think-should-happen thread, more of an opinion thread. Is Mr. Anderson more over ( more successful or better) as a heel or face. He put on stellar fantastic awesome matches with Kurt Angle last year, and drew heat as if he was breathing it was so natural. But Anderson is doing fantastic as a face too. So is Anderson better as heel or face?
I am not suggesting a heel turn and him joining Immortal, but with TNA you never know. Maybe Anderson will turn heel, but go loner. Not my point. Just pay attention to the title question.

Anderson is at his best when he is a tweener who is out of his own interests. This adds spark and unpredictability to his matches that aren't there when he has played solely one side or the other.

If I had to choose between face or heel, I would go with Heel. Out of the two, it feels more natural for him.

Anderson is over whether he is a face or heel, he plays both roles well. One of his outstanding characteristics is that he is very unpredictable and he can turn at any minute. In ways there is a lot of Steve Austin in his character, so even when he is a heel people love him. His "lovable asshole" gimmick is one of the best in wrestling today.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Neither. He's better as a tweener, just as Austin was. He's the asshole everyone loves to cheer for, which while oxymoronic, is no less true.

As a clear-cut heel or a clear-cut face he feels to "pushed" as though he were scripted and he's predictable as are most who don't tread the line every so often.

Its a good thread but the main problem is that it doesn't matter. TNA fans (at least those in the crowd everyweek) always cheer for their personal favorite. A lot of heels get cheered and some faces get booed so Anderson's status as a face or heel matters less except in the storyline. People cheered when he debuted as face, cheered when he turned the same night and cheered when he went face again. The only thing that makes him face or heel is his inflection when he says "These people".

Oddly enough it's face..... well sort of. Peope would consider him naturally good at being a heel which he is, but when placed into a story like the one with immortal that has real life implications it creates a stone cold effect where he becomes a face with heel aspects that the crowd adores because they can relate to him. This mystical transgretion is known as TWEENER, which I have always considered a sub-category of face as it gets you cheered. One thing is for sure, I don't think he would be very good at being a goody goody pure-breed face, he speaks too much like a relatable human being.

What makes Anderson be hailed as "the new stone cold", a stupid nickname, is just that. You can relate to the guy. When he's talking about how he sat at home on the couch for 2 months you really empathise, not because you've been through it yourself but because you can imagine being there as he described it. In short, a tweener is the ultimate type of character but very rare, both good and bad or in a word human. None of this unrealistic John Cena saving the day malarchy or Alberto Del Rio (for arguement's sake) I'm better than everyone, it's a half way stage. Faces get booed by adults because their characters don't have depth, heels get booed by kids because they do "naughty bad things" but tweeners like Anderson get booed by nobody because when you see them fighting the opposition, you see yourself there and you can't help but to get behind them.

I would say tweener, but almost all guys would be better as tweeners so I'm going to say heel to strictly adhere to the question you ask. If tweener isn't an acceptable category then he is certainly a better heel.

I really enjoyed his work when he first came in on Smackdown as a heel. He got a lot of heat for a rookie and played his part extremely well. I find him very entertaining as a heel and boring as the face he played right before he left WWE. With that being said, I guess I agree with pretty much everyone on the fact that he is more over as a tweener. His whole "Asswhole" gimmick is really over in the Impact Zone and I think they will continue with that for a very long time. I bet he will get a huge pop when he comes with the world title Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back