• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Anderson Getting His Second Wind... Wind?

Zeven_Zion

King Of The Ring
Although all eyes are on EC3 as of recent times, I can't help but notice that Mr.Anderson is more on point than he's been in months. Well, at least the months when he was still active.

For one, Anderson looks much better physically. A year or so ago he had quite a gut going on, little muscle definition and looked out of shape. Usually I look past that because of his problems.

Anderson himself has stated that he has a testosterone deficiency or something along those lines, that prevents him from building muscle. He was on steroids for a period of time but all for medical reasons.

Right now, he looks jacked!

nf5rmh.jpg
rw80vp.jpg

I realize we're all supposed to take notice of EC3 and this whole storyline is likely one more step toward building him as a mainstay top guy in TNA, but Anderson is not just there to act as an ornament. He's an active, important part of the storyline and it makes me think that he won't be far behind EC3 on his way to the top (again) if he keeps this up.

Do you think Anderson has another Main Event run in him?

Do you think he can stay there?

I'm not sure if he's got another Main Event run in him, but I do like that they've found a way to utilize him again. There was a time when a lot of the show was centered around him, and there was even a time when it wasn't, yet he was still a part of a lot of great story-telling. That fell off hard in recent years. He'd been relegated to, effectively, nothing. If he was even on television, it was for some quick laugh and then we'd move right along as if it didn't even happen.

He's a good working hand, and the very least, so I have no issue with him in this kind of role. A guy like EC3 needs guys like Anderson, Angle and others to go over in order to get over. He's over right now, but he's not main event over until he really beats men like that.

I think what TNA really needs, and it's been said before, is an honest mid-card title, because it just isn't the XD title. It never has been, and it probably never will be. It's treated as, and perceived as a cruiserweight title where guys like Joe were exceptions to the rule. The vast majority of its' holders are cruiser-style wrestlers who wrestle in crusier-style matches. It effectively eliminates a large portion of the roster who can't really hang there, unless you want to go with another Doug Williams' like approach and give it to a guy who intentionally goes after it because he feels XD wrestlers aren't "real" wrestlers, or some shit like that.

Anderson would fit in perfectly into some kind of "Intercontinental"-type title chase. Just please, make it a new belt. I don't want to see the Global/Legends/TV title again in my life. Beautiful as that actaul belt design was, if I have to see that fuckin' zombie title return from the dead again I'll scream.

It is good to see Anderson not floating in purgatory, but I'm hard pressed to think that he's gonna have another main event run. We've all discussed the notion of bringing back a true secondary championship to TNA, especially for a guy like EC3. Seriously, why not have another US title in another company? It would be perfect for this type of feud.

It is good to see Anderson not floating in purgatory, but I'm hard pressed to think that he's gonna have another main event run. We've all discussed the notion of bringing back a true secondary championship to TNA, especially for a guy like EC3. Seriously, why not have another US title in another company? It would be perfect for this type of feud.

And should be an easy sell considering the network they are on right now, if you put any, or much stock into the reports that they're big on focusing on Angle because of his Olympic medal.

I'm down with Anderson getting another push and hopefully another title run. One that is better than both of his previous runs put together. He's bigger, looks focused and in need of something more. The crowd loves him and personally I wish Anderson was the title holder for ECIII to chase. They have better chemistry than Ethan an Angle. Plus, I think Anderson is currently the most over face on the roster on the male side of things. I hope they don't waste Anderson and leave him behind with his to shit title reigns. The dude deserves more and I hope he gets it.

I've liked the Anderson character for quite some time in TNA now, I agree with Starkist, I think it would be better if Anderson was the Champion being chased by ECIII, nothing against Angle but his time is coming to an end.

I think he's definitely got another Title run in him as a face, feuds between him and ECIII, Young, Storm and a heel Roode would be entertaining.

It seems like TNA would like to do a "Stone Cold Jr" type
character with him, but he never is popular enough to carry
it out.

He was really good as Mr. Kennedy in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back