Movies You Would Like To See Made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be anything, a idea completely made up by you, a remake, a book whatever. I browsed through the forum and didnt see a topic similar to this, if I missed one, I apologise.

For a while now there has been one movie I have wanted to see.

Les Miserables.

Now I am more then aware that there are several movie adaptions of Les Miserables, ranging from good to terrible, even a cartoon version. I however am referring to the famous musical adaption of the show. My two favourite musicals of all time are West Side Story and Les Miserables, West Side Story is already a classic and one of the best musical movies out there. Why not bring the fantastic music of the Les Miserables musical to the screen?

Of course, one beautiful thing about the West Side Story movie was that almost no music was removed, with the exception of the 'Somewhere' ballet. We have had various promising musical movies such as Rent which suffered largely from a heartless story, and roughly half of the music missing. One of the best songs in the broadway show 'Christmas Bells' was changed into a quick one minute song.

If a movie adaptation of the Les Miserables musical was ever to be made, I would hate for any of the music to be removed (except perhaps 'Castle On A Cloud' because it shits me). I would hate for it to suffer from songs being moved around to adapt to cinema better. If the movie were to go on for 3 hours plus, then I would not have it any other way and neither would the other Les Mis lovers.

Casting could be fun, I would love to see who would get the roles of Enjolras, Valjean and Fantine particularly. My only dream casting would be for Philip Quast to play the role that made him an icon, Javert.

This is one of my favourite musicals, and for a while there has been nothing I have wanted to see more then a film adaptation of the Les Mis musical, providing its done right of course. There are so many songs that could bring a tear to my eye to see done well on film. Just as it did to see it on stage. Here are a handful of what could be made into the greatest musical ever filmed.

Do not look at the youtube clips if you dont want SPOILERS.

[YOUTUBE]1VR1bOha40U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Rz8kL0vVEp0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]odrZ6NtPR2M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v8XQ913KMtA[/YOUTUBE]

HALO!!! I dont even play halo I dont like the games at all. But when this movie was first rumored I heard peter jackson and a $500million budget I was immediately excited. With the technology we have these days a halo movie would be absolutely incredible. Especially after I saw a couple animated halo movies I knew that it could work the issue now is getting the project off the ground. The good thing is after the success of district9 and avatar it seems more concievable that a big budget halo film could get made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back