Movies You Never Get Bored From

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Overall, what movies can you simply watch over and over without getting bored by them. What movies can you watch repeatedly, and never get tired of them? Discuss. Be sure and try to add reasons why the movie never bores you. (otherwise it'll be spamming)

Where The Heart Is: I love this movie and its definately rewatchable because it has a great story to it. Its roughly about a Girl who goes through a tremendous amount of hardship but overcomes it all. It has a round about way of connecting everything as well. The movie doesn't get boring or old to me, because I love everything in it, especially the overall meaning.

Dawn Of The Dead: If there is any ONE movie I can literally and have literally watched basically every day since its been on Starz, its Dawn of the Dead. I have NO idea why, but this movie is likely the first movie that I would and could never grow tired from. It has so much action, and is such a well put together movie, that you just love rewatching it for all the intense scenes.

Silent Hill: This one stumbs me to be honest. The overall movie wasn't the best, but for some reason I can rewatch it countless times and never get tired of it. I think "I" love the movie as a whole, dispite hearing nothing but awful reviews of it. So maybe its just me.

Mighty Ducks 2: Yeah, seriously. I was a huge fan of the Mighty Duck movies and the 2nd one is definately never boring because it has the most hockey action in it. I loved this movie for the amount of games they played, and I completely enjoyed watching them as teens more than kids.

The Crow- I love the story and the atmosphere of this film. I think the fact that its fairly short has something to do with the reason I can watch it often. Its simplicity makes it a perfect movie to come home from a 12 shift to and just relax and watch. Its a simple guy out for revenge plot, but the actors and setting make it far superior to others.

Brandon Lee carries the film so well that I can easily get past the few corny lines and scenes. Other than this, I can't stand to watch the same movie in a short period of time.

The original stars wars trilogy. Those are just classics that never will get old to me. New trilogy is good also but just not on the same level.

Rocky 1. The final fight with Rocky and Apollo still gets me fired up every time. Shame the sequels mainly went downhill afterwards.

The Crow- I love the story and the atmosphere of this film. I think the fact that its fairly short has something to do with the reason I can watch it often. Its simplicity makes it a perfect movie to come home from a 12 shift to and just relax and watch. Its a simple guy out for revenge plot, but the actors and setting make it far superior to others.

Brandon Lee carries the film so well that I can easily get past the few corny lines and scenes. Other than this, I can't stand to watch the same movie in a short period of time.

I completely agree with this. If you've talked to me on MSN, you'll know how much I love The Crow and Brandon Lee.

The original was just unbelievable and its never long enough in my opinion. I can watch it several times a day and never get bored with it. The movie is so sad and heart breaking not just because of the overall plot and story.. but because of the real life event that happened to Brandon Lee.

I often feel I can relate to this movie, but only with the heart breaking portion of it. Obviously not the death and return bit. I love watching this movie mainly because of the vengeance involved. Its so rageful.

I completely agree with this. If you've talked to me on MSN, you'll know how much I love The Crow and Brandon Lee.

The original was just unbelievable and its never long enough in my opinion. I can watch it several times a day and never get bored with it. The movie is so sad and heart breaking not just because of the overall plot and story.. but because of the real life event that happened to Brandon Lee.

I often feel I can relate to this movie, but only with the heart breaking portion of it. Obviously not the death and return bit. I love watching this movie mainly because of the vengeance involved. Its so rageful.

This is why I love this movie so much. Its simple yet totally effective. Imagine if someone killed you and someone you love more than anything. Now, after resting for one year, you get the chance to get your revenge and there is nothing they can do about it.

If I were Eric Draven in that movie I would do everything the way he did. I wouldn't just run up and kill them. I would stalk them, scare the hell out of them, fuck with they're head, then kill them.

I love how the Eric Draven character is a kind hearted human being as well. He really cares for people, its inspiring. My ex girlfriend and I used to always tell our little sisters "It can't rain all the time" whenever they were feeling down.

The original stars wars trilogy. Those are just classics that never will get old to me. New trilogy is good also but just not on the same level.

Have to agree. I'm a big Star Wars nerd. Star Wars could be the greatest set of movies Hands Down!

The Goonies This movie is so great. I could watch this movie over and over again. It never gets old. Adventure, Comedy, Love story, Suspence......What more could you want!

Batman Begins I was such a huge Batman Comic book lover, That when this movie was in theaters, I refused to go see it because it wasn't the true Batman story, But my friends made me watch it one day at there house, and I fell in love with it.

Anything from Tim Burton He is my all time favorite diractor. Edward Scissor Hands, Batman, Corpse Bride, and my favorite movie of all time The Nightmare Before Christmas I just love everything about this movie, the songs, the characters, the story, everything.

As for new movies. I really loved Juno, Sweeney Todd, 300and Transformers.

The Blues Brothers- I have loved this movie since I was a little kid, and I have never fully understood why.

Normally, I can't sit through song-and-dance routines, but I can bear the ones in this movie. Plus, I am a huge fan of campy humor. The best scene in the film is the one where the brothers are getting chased in their car, and the cops get in a massive pile-up on the highway. I once counted the cars in that pileup, and 57 is the magic number.

Besides, what other movies offer up blues legends like Ray Charles, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, and Cab Calloway, all in good, hilarious cameo roles? Plus, the chemistry between Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi is obvious. I am also a fan of dry humor, and they hit the nail on the head.

Clerks- Quite possibly my favorite movie, Kevin Smith is a fucking god

Clerks 2- Saw this movie in the theater the day it came out, almost pissed myself laughing for fucking hard, I've seen this movie countless times since, and it never gets old

Anchorman- I don't think there is another movie that me and my friends quote more, fucking classic stuff

I'll probably add more later, but those are the ones that come to mind right now

Mighty Ducks 2: Yeah, seriously. I was a huge fan of the Mighty Duck movies and the 2nd one is definately never boring because it has the most hockey action in it. I loved this movie for the amount of games they played, and I completely enjoyed watching them as teens more than kids.

This movie sucked. Absolutely sucked. For several reasons. Films are supposed to allow for the "willing suspension of disbelief." This crap-fest made it impossible. I am speaking to you as a huge hockey and film fan, let me run down the list.

1. The players. Ah, ok, so in all of the United States of America - 50 damn states - all but FIVE of the greatest players in the 13-16 year old age category were the underdog Minnesota pee wee champs? The Hawks had been overwhelming favorites and undefeated regular season champs in the original film, and Lester Averman was better than even THIER best player?

2. The lasso. The fact that the big-eared Southern Opi Taylor hick Dwayne Robertson a) has time to realize that Connie is about to be boarded into oblivion by the Iceland guy, b) has time to find his lasso (which is, for some stupid reason, right next to him) and c) has time to skate fast enough to chase the speedy Icelander and rope him, is RIDICULOUS! And trust me, in an Olympic-type setting, where soccer players are suspended for yellow cards, a hockey player bringing a lasso onto the ice would be cause for immediate suspension of the player and a fine to the team. FURTHERMORE, a 2 minute penalty for that!? He would incur a 2 minute penalty just for too many men on the ice, let alone hog tying an opponent.

3. The Knucklepuck. What's the big deal here? Hockey players hit pucks that are on their sides constantly, usually as a rebound. The idea that this inner city kid from L.A. has this "magic shot" and can then step onto the ice with world class athletes is crazy. Also, a forward isn't permitted to come out in Goalie pads, and by rule, goalies are not allowed to skate past their own blue line. Fnally, this kid coming out in someone else's uniform is a uniform rules violation. Another suspension and game misconduct. By now, between the lasso and the uniform, Gordon Bombay is BANNED, nay, TEDDY HARTED from international sports.

4. The shootout. Had potential, people, until the final shot against Julie Gaffney. The Iceland guy, Gunnar Sammuellson (generic Icelandic name) shoots a hard slapper as their best player. First off, any decent coach would have had him shoot first or second, not last. Anyway, he fires the puck, AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS? Nobody knows! 12,000+ people NEVER SAW THE PUCK FLY INTO HER GLOVE. Until, of course, she drops it onto the ice. THERE'S THE PUCK! Nobody could find it. If she didn't have it, maybe it wwas in the net, though nobody could see it there. AHHHHHH! BUNCH OF CRAP!

Sorry, Will, I had to destroy this movie. I loved the concept of the Ducks films, but the 3rd one was the only quasi-respectable one. The 1st one was ok. The 2nd one? Oh man, terrible.

1. Happy Gilmore - This is Adam Sandler at his finest. He hasn't done a movie close to being this good. I've seen this movie countless times, and I still laugh hysterically at most of it. Ben Stiller owns every scene he's in, as does Christopher McDonald as Shooter McGavin. The entire scene with Bob Barker and the heckler never fails to make me laugh.

2. Hot Fuzz - I loved this movie the first time I saw it... it gets better with every viewing. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are great as the straitlaced, serious cop and the goofy, fat cop. The first half is hilarious, and the second half brings some pretty awesome action and gore.

3. The Saw films - The first one was a very well-made film. The sequels are nowhere as good as the first, but always worth a watch.

From Dusk Till Dawn: Classic film. Loved it from the very first time I saw it. I used to watch it every couple of weeks. I can honestly say that doesn't happen anymore. Apart from:

Batman Begins: I could watch this on a continuous loop. It's inevitable that I'm going to be dissapointed by The Dark Knight. Although the first time I saw it I wasn't really impressed. I liked it, but I didn't thinjk it was great.

Mallrats & A Night At The Roxbury: The definition of a shit films you can't help but love. Neither is what you'd call laugh out loud funny. But both are endlessly quotable.

Deep Blue Sea: Big budget B movie shit. And sharks are scary.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure: This movie is one of my all time favourites despite it being so bad in terms of acting in it. But I love History for one and this movie I still quote from when talking to my mates especially in Psych and in Ancient History. "You Can Call me Siggy" is one of the best lines in the movie. And It is delivered so well.

The Goonies: I remember being scared shitless by the Pirate skeletons and even the big guy as well, back when I was 5 or 6. But the movie just is that good. The Asian that has all the gadgets, the fat kid, I can never remember the names of the kids. But I am going to buy the DVD next week.

And then there is the Cheesy War Films: Im meaning like Midway, Guns of Navarone, Battle of the Bulge. These movies are just cool. They are cheesy in a way that they are all very formulaic and you know certain things are going to happen because a character does something. eg. Shows a picture of his girl back home to his mate, he gets killed.

Robin Hood Men in Tights: Absolutley genius - have it saved on Sky+ so I can watch it again and again. Slapstick never gets old. And as for the "Men in Tights" song its on my iPod played constantly.

Platoon: Amazing movie that I could watch over and over. Also saved on my Sky+

Collateral: Not a big fan of Tom Cruise but I enjoyed this film.

Probally more but these are the 3 that I love the most in terms of films.

How could I forget Rain Man!! Dustin Hoffman is a master in this - and I feel some attachment to this film as my brother is Autistic like Hoffmans character (not the same form but he has Autism)

Fantastic movie. Even the book version is emotional and great.

Seen it over 15 times - never gets old.

Lord Of The Rings, whole series: Peter Jackson is a damned genius! He captured the books perfectly, absolutely fabulous! The visuals, the acting, the storyline, all true to form.

Day After Tomorrow: World coming to an end via global warming. Storms everywhere, freezing snow, ice, sub-zero temps, and the best CG ever done in the history of the technology.

2010, The Year We Make Contact: Classic sequel to 2001, A Space Odyssey, written by the recently deceased :icon_cry: Arthur C. Clarke, the best scifi writer ever. Scientists head to Jupiter to find out what happened to the first ship sent there. Great special effects for such an old movie, I mean top notch.

Currently I can't get enough of Superbad. That movie is just fucking hilarious. Instant Classic.

Anything by QT- The guy is just a genius. He puts so much dedication and thought in his work, and it shows in his films.

The Usual Suspects- Classic thriller. Still my favorite ending of all time.

The 40 year old Virgin- Steve Carell justs makes me laugh no matter what. And the fact that a substantial part of that film is improvised, is impressive. Hilarious.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off- Every time I watch it, I die laughing. I remember the first time I saw, I laughed so hard I went into a coughing fit. Bueller... Bueller...

Currently I can't get enough of Superbad. That movie is just fucking hilarious. Instant Classic.

"McLovin! Were you just sexually violating that girl with your penis?" You're right, instant classic. Love that movie. Some others:

Titanic: No, I don't cry at this movie, I actually laugh. The end is when I usually watch it. When the passengers fall off the top of the Titanic and hit a part of the ship, makes me laugh every time. I know, I'm bad.

Happy Gilmore: I love Adam Sandler's earlier work, this one especially. I wonder if a real golfer would act like that. "And Grizzly Adams had a beard." "Grizzly Adams did have a beard." LMFAO classic.

Saw - Seriously, is it possible to get tired of these films? From the first to last, I love them all. They just never bore me. The way they're put together is great, and I love Jigsaw. Generally sequels aren't as good as the first film, but with his there's nothing to complain about! The third is probably my favourite, but it's a tough choice.

Mighty Joe Young - Because it makes my cry every time I watch it. I love it. One of the best films I've ever watched. And when I think he's dead, even though I know he isn't, I cry. That's a good film for you.

Happy Gilmore & The Waterboy two ridiculously funny films, simply because of the character Adam Sandler plays...and the fact deep down everyone wishes there was a good golfer like that (John Daly doesnt count - I said good golfers)

Anchorman No touching of the hair or face...AND THAT'S IT!!! I ate a big red candle. it's sexist, it's stupid, it has a dog being punted off a bridge...what's not to like

The Bourne Identity Action & Amnesia. a hitman loses his memory and tries to figure out who he is, all the while his employers are trying to kill him. love it

For me, there's a few that I can watch over and over again without getting bored. In no particular order:

Braveheart - first time I saw this was at the drive-in and it was the second half of the show so we weren't sure we would stay to watch it. I'm glad we did though, cause it's a kick-ass show.

Rudy - if you're a Notre Dame fan, this is a must see movie. Heck, even if you're not it's still a great watch.

The Shawshank Redemption - my wife bought me this DVD for Christmas and I have only opened it once, however, everytime I run across it on the television I stop and watch it.

Spaceballs - Mel Brooks is known for his comedies, and I can quote just about all of the lines to this movie.

All 3 Bourne movies - what's not to like about any of these movies, other than the fact that Famke Jansen gets killed in #2?

Seven: This movie is just amazing. Both Freeman and Pitt are gold in this and Kevin Spacey is a genius. I love this movie and i could watch it a million times.

Mr.Brooks: I just saw this a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed. Dane Cook sheds his funny roles for a more serious one and did a decent job IMO. William Hurt is fantastic in this as well as Kevin Costner, Great Movie. Thank God that was only the first of three.

Superbad: Makes me laugh so hard. " I told her what time it is" Mclovin is the best movie character in a long time. Fucking fantabulous movie.

All Saws: Especially the first one. I will put my foot down and say that Jigsaw is the ultimate horror villian. He is way too smart and he always has his next move planned out. These movies are the best.

i liked se7en. only saw it this year though for the first. very clever film i thought.

i forgot to add V for Vendetta to my list. it's just so different from a lot of movies in that it's cleverly done, with enough twists to keep it intersting. and the 'hero' of the film is the guy who blows things up, all done to classical music. and natalie portman looks good, even with a shaved head.

for once of viewing, a beautiful mind is also outstanding. it's done so cleverly that you think how did i not notice this the whole way through - unless your 1 of my lecturers who, because of his field, picked the story after 20mins (he claimed)

The Big Lebowski: It's best to watch this film with some friends. Everytime I see it, it just gets funnier and more a reflection of life. We've got The Dude, Walter, and Donny and a whole plethora of characters that mesh together so well and provide great dialogue and memorable quotes. At times, it is touching particularly the end. Not to mention, wonderful narration and wise advice from Sam Elliot aka The Stranger. It also introduced me to White Russians. Overall, it's a bowling film about friends who get caught up in some serious stuff and how they get out is not only hilarious, but ridiculous.

Back to the Future Trilogy: What can be said about these films that hasn't been said already? I really can't get enough of these movies. The story, plot, and plot device are some of the best and done in a unique way, to me at least. Great actors, great humor, and great one-liners. I find myself constantly quoting Marty and Doc and sometimes imagine my car as the DeLorean. I could watch it over and over by myself or with others.

While I enjoy a lot of movies, I could not really watch any but those four over and over because I know what is coming and would ultimately become bored with it most likely on the second time.

Sin City - loved this film. Very alternate to the films coming out at the moment. I liked how colour was used to put focus on the objects. The narration is irritating to some but I thought it was great with the story.

oh and it has Jessica Alba in it

Goodfellas I watch this at least 3 times a week. The soundtrack is fantastic, the story is brilliant and the characters(especially Joe Pesci's) are well played and according to several sites on the net, are pretty true to life

BASEketball One of the best comedy films I have ever seen. It is written by the guys from South Park, the jokes and pshce outs never get old. My friends say Anchorman is better than this, however I think otherwise

South Park Movie One of the most outrageous and over the top satire films ever made. It is even more hilarious now because Saddam Hussain is actually dead.

Clockwork Orange A grim futeristic film that still seems realistic today, even though it is around 30 years old. The main character is a total git, but you have to feel sorry for him when he gets brainwashed.

The Rock My second all time favourite action film (see below)

Con Air I love this film. The characters and story are believable, Garland Green is the insane Silence of the Lambs style character, who also serves as comic relief. Brilliant.

Fifth Element Brilliant story, outstanding costume and designs. Bruce Willis plays the lead brilliantly, and Chris Rock is the great comic relief.

Die Hard series Im a huge mark for the Die Hrad series, watching Mcclain get old, especially in the 4th, is like watching your own parents struggle to change with the times. His daughter in the 4th is hot too, with the balls of Mclain :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back