• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies that have (or almost) made you cry

Father:_Polley

Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name
I'm going to ruin any views of being too tough to cry and admit it...I've cried in a film!
the film in question was 'A Walk to Remember', one of those soppy teen flicks that i watched with my fiancee. And i was in tears by the end of it.

following that confession...has anyone else cried during a film or am I all alone in this forum.

reply, mock me, your choice

I too have gotten emotional regarding selective movies. The following movies have brought tears to my eyes.

1. Here On Earth: Basically the story revolves around two teens (a rich prep and a poor hick) involved in a wreck, then forced to work together to rebuild the destruction they caused to a restaurant owned by the hick's girlfriend's Parents. The rich prep falls in love with the girl, the girl in turn loves the guy. In the end, she dies because of cancer. (swerve much)

2. Untamed Heart: Basic story of a bus boy who keeps to himself, saves a waitress from being raped. They form a bond, a friendship, in which she slowly starts to love him. The rapists (two guys) later attack the boy (Christian Slater) and leave him beaten.

Throughout the story, Slater explains to the girl that he has a monkey's heart. She mentions this to the doctor when hes in the hospital, its explained that he has a replaced heart, thats weak. The end comes after a Dallas Stars hockey game victory. When the guy falls asleep in the car, on the ride home. The girl tries waking him up, he never does.

3. Martian Child: I think this is the only movie NOT involving my sappiness to be resulting from a lost relationship. The part in this movie I brokedown on was when the boy was about to commit suicide. (he felt he was from another planet and was on the ledge of a roof trying to reach his ship, that'd take him home) The adopted Parent, played by John Cusack, lost his Wife..

I broke down in two parts of this movie. The first was when the dog died. (why would you do that) The second was during the roof/ledge scene, when Cusack said he loved him and wanted to be his father, and the boy hugged him. Very touching.

I'm overly sentimental myself, I guess. I've shed tears during ... more movies than I can count, probably, with Field of Dreams, Titanic, (the mother trying to comfort the kids as the water was rushing under the door, the older couple hugging on the bed as the room filled with water, the band playing even as the ship was sinking, all that stuff even moreso than the primary love story there), and Ghost, (although I was only like 10 or 11 when I first saw it), being only a few of them. Heck, the closing video montages on Cold Case get me seven times out of ten.

I'm kinda sensative that way....

:blush:

The only movie that I can remember making me cry recently is Madea's Family Reunion. It wasn't because it was sad. It's that what one of the ladies said, it was about true love, spoke truth to my heart. It also made me think of my Grandma and Grandpa who are nearing the end of their respective ropes and the love between the two inspires me so much. The words the lady said really reflected to me how my grandparents felt about eachother. Also, in a later scene, I almost cried when another lady spoke about what family was supposed to mean. That made me sad because I feel that my family has somewhat forgotten what it means to be a family.

A Walk to Remember got me balling like a baby. Especially when she passes away

The Lion King is a movie that everytime i put it in it makes me cry. From Mufase passing away to Simba overcoming the odds and becoming a man to fight Scar and winning. This movie has it all. Very sad and Happy Movie.

And finally Mr.Nanny, Suburban Commando, and No Holds Barred also made me cry. The acting was so horrible that i laughed so hard I cried.

A Walk to Remember got me balling like a baby. Especially when she passes away

really? The ending is very predictable, especially when you find out halfway through the film that the girl has a terminal illness. I was actually relieved when she died at the end of the film, sorry if that sounds morbid, but think about it. The girl was suffering from a debilitating disease, at least when you knew that she did in fact die at the end of the film, you couldn't feel sad for her. She accomplished everything that she wanted to do in her life, and she wound up changing her husband for the better because of it.

really? The ending is very predictable, especially when you find out halfway through the film that the girl has a terminal illness. I was actually relieved when she died at the end of the film, sorry if that sounds morbid, but think about it. The girl was suffering from a debilitating disease, at least when you knew that she did in fact die at the end of the film, you couldn't feel sad for her. She accomplished everything that she wanted to do in her life, and she wound up changing her husband for the better because of it.

Yes the ending is very predictable and yes she did accomplish everything in her life that she wanted to. But you have to put into account if you were in her husbands shoes how would you feel about the person you love dying. Im sure he was relieved that she didnt have to suffer anymore but he had to be crushed that he wouldnt be able to spend the rest of his life with the woman that he loves. As a man im not afraid to say that i really got into this movie and actually felt for both of them.

What about The Notebook? That movie was an awesome love story. It actually kept me interested throughout the course of the movie and almost got me teary eyed. I fought the tears lol. But honestly it is an awesome movie!

Yes the ending is very predictable and yes she did accomplish everything in her life that she wanted to. But you have to put into account if you were in her husbands shoes how would you feel about the person you love dying. Im sure he was relieved that she didnt have to suffer anymore but he had to be crushed that he wouldnt be able to spend the rest of his life with the woman that he loves. As a man im not afraid to say that i really got into this movie and actually felt for both of them.

what he said. yes, she was free of suffering, but her husband was left losing the girl he cared about at a young age. i think it was the part where the dad told him he was her number one on the list that set me off, before then i'd been fighting them but i lost it at that point.

the notebook i thought was more of a sweet ending than a sad one.
the other film recently has been PS i love you. for the same reason as walk to remember, losing the one she loved.

I cried at the end of "White Squall", during the court room scene and during the storm scene. Seriously, nearly every single time I've seen that film I've busted out. Now it's more less just getting really choked up.

I can't remember much about this film other than it has Kevin Costner and Elijah Wood, it's called "The War", I cried during that as well. I saw it when I was a little boy and just remember something about some boys being trapped in some water.

"Godfather III"...the end, Pacino's mad acting skills got to me.

Im going to bring up a Movie that I just saw today. Grave of the Fireflies. It is depressing as anything. It is well worth watching as it is a Story about Humanity and conflict within the self to do what is right for a member of the family. It is set in Japan at the end of the Second World War and it is the story about a boy and his young Sister. It is a beautiful story, and is from the same studio that put out Spirited Away.

In all seriousness, at the end of the newer Gone in 60 Seconds where the 1967 Shelby GT 500 Gets crushed, It gets me teared up everytime.......
Juno got me pretty bad this year.

The Blair Witch Project

I cried because I was laughing so hard

Seriously, has their ever been a movie produced that was supposed to be an A list movie that sucked as bad as the Blair Witch Project? Maybe When a Stranger Calls or Jason X, both those movies were garbage as well, but they lacked the comedic affect that the BWP had.

Rudy - It's hard for me not to get teary eyed when Rudy gets his acceptance letter, and also when he runs onto that field at the end of the movie. Both were such beautiful moments.

Reign Over Me - By far Sandler's best performance, in my opinion. They build and build to Sandler finally expressing his emotion over losing his family, and when he finally does it, it's fucking heartbreaking. Not only do you feel for Sandler's character, but for every person who lost a loved one during the 9/11 tragedy.

The Pursuit of Happyness - As I said about Sandler, this to me is by far Will Smith's best performance. It's a lot like Rudy in the sense that the main character goes through so much horseshit and you sit there wondering does the guy ever catch a break, and when he finally does, it just sends chills down your spine. Smith's reaction when he receives the promotion is priceless.

Legends of the Fall - Just watch and you'll see. This is the only movie to ever get my dad teary eyed.

The Patriot - I know Gibson is a douche in real life, but the motherfucker can act his ass off when he wants to and this is my favorite film he's ever starred in. Ledger gives a tremendous performance as well, and his death in the movie is heartbreaking.

I'm sure there are more, but that's off the top of my head. I recommend all those movies to those who have yet to see them.

I cry at the weirdest movies. It's all of that subliminal shit. I mean I don't like cry my ass off, but a few tears do come up and that feeling comes over like you have been touched.

All time movie that makes me cry: Little Giants. Dude, I know this is gonna sound gay, but you spend the whole movie seeing how neglected Little Johnny is when all he wants is a little time with his dad. But at the moment where they hand the ball to Johnny and he spots his dad and runs all the way for a touchdown, not letting anything get in his way or stop him along the way, just to be with his daddy. Man, that's just special. I don't think that anybody who prolly had a dad who wasn't really there for them could watch this without feeling really happy for Johnny and shedding a tear.

The latest movie that got a tear out of me: Ratatouille- I'm big on symbolism in movies. I mean I can sit and watch a Disney movie and spot at least 700 different types of symbolism and messages that get me sometimes. Sure alot of the symbols are cheesy, but it's the subtle ones that sneak in there that get me. But yeah, I found some tearing up coming at the end up that movie both times I watched it.

Yeah yeah yeah. You guys will now prolly think I'm gay cuz I cry at children's movies, but hey like I care. lol

(Warning: Spoilers included. Don't read if you haven't seen the films...unless you don't care, then go ahead, lol, but I'm one of those guys that hates having things ruined, so, you know, being courteous.)

The only times I've actually "cried"...

1. John Q
The scene where he's planning on killing himself, taking his own heart out, and giving it to his dying son, but he doesn't know that it won't work. He talks to his son for what he thinks is the last time, giving him advice on the future. "Treat girls like princesses, because that's what they are". This was the first time I actually shed a full tear during a movie, and although I wasn't weeping incredibly, I still count it.

2. Click
Oddly enough, this got me to cry. I was in a really upset mood at the time and figured I'd watch a comedy to lighten me up. Little did I know that the film is about 40 straight minutes of depressing atmosphere lol. Again, never really "weeped", but I shed a few tears.

3. I Am Legend
Now THIS one had me fucking crying haha. I don't know why...but I would rather see genocide on babies in a film than for someone to even punch a dog, lol. A lot of people actually feel the same way, as weird as that sounds. So when the scene with the dog's death came up, man, I couldn't take it lol. Crying my eyes out. Then, right afterwards, there's a scene that's just heart-breaking, when Will Smith begs the mannequin "Please say hello to me". Like sticking a knife in a wound and twisting it. Its a shame the film goes downhill almost immediately after that point, lol.

Some films that get me close, but I've never really shed a full tear to yet...

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The "thumbs up" at the end. This has lost almost all its significance over the years, though, since I know this movie by heart having seen it probably 300 times (without exaggeration. Hence the username "No Fate", taken from the line "There is no fate but what we make for ourselves" from the series.)

The Shawshank Redemption
Brooks? COME ON!! Lol. I once heard that a critic referred to this film as "Beaches, but for men", and in a way, that's true. This film's just brilliant.

The Godfather Saga
Just grouping the trilogy. Lots of scenes.

K-PAX
July 27th.

Rear Window
The only section of the entire film I liked is the scene that got my eyes to well up a little. A neighbor's dog has been killed due to its suspicious attitude in response to the murder. The owner of the dog, in an emotional breakdown, spells it out to the entire neighborhood. "Which one of you did it?! Which one of you killed my dog?! You don't know the meaning of the word 'neighbor'! Neighbors like each other, speak to each other, care if anybody lives or dies but none of you do! But I couldn't imagine any of you being so low that you'd kill a little helpless friendly dog…the only thing in this whole neighborhood who liked anybody!! Did you kill him just because he liked you?! JUST BECAUSE HE LIKED YOU!?!" That's a direct quote from my MySpace blog "best movie quotes". That last line is the killer. Just because he liked you......agh....lol Part of the reason is because of the dog thing I mentioned earlier, but even more so, its the literal breakdown of how everyone really acts...and even worse, this film is decades old, and its only gotten worse.

Yes, you can laugh at me. But I nearly cried at:
King Kong: When Kong dies, I was amazingly upset. I saw it coming, put it still brought a tear to my eyes.
Godzilla: Why do the Americans push themselves over the unstoppable monsters. It was stupid how they killed the final one off, and I got upset because I root for the bad guys. The way they killed the children off was wrong. Long live Godzilla!

The Green Mile:

Damn, I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up yet. Michael Clark Duncan dying at the end, predictable, of course, but it was damn sad. Just terrible that he was an innocent just trying to help people, but was blamed because of the color of his skin. Plus the worst part about it was the guys that put him to death all knew he was innocent as well.

I know I've teared up for a couple movies, but one that sticks out and hasn't been mentioned is Independence Day. I teared up at the end when Randy Quaid flew his plane into the spaceship, but before he tells the army dude to tell his kids that he loves them and after they are celebrating what he did army dude #2 tell's his Keanu Reeves looking son that he should be proud and his dad and the Keanu Jr. says "I am"...Yeah I squirted a tear or 2.

The Notebook got me to squirt 1 or 2 as well. I'm not really a fan of the movie, but the ending just got me thinking that I don't want alzheimer's. That'd suck not being able to remember your friends, family, things you did as a child, etc.

I will also add that recently I watched a couple of videos from Britians Got Talent, and I must say some of those opera singers got me to tear up, but never really shed a tear.

The Bear: I don't know what made my cry or even what happened in the film. I was about 3 so I'm guessing dead mommy bear or something. I'll have to find it to see.

Edward Scissorhands: Vincent Price is awesome. I still cry when he dides now. No blubbing. Just a tear or so. Obviously. I used to cry at the end as well. Knowing that he's up in that mansion all on his own.

Titanic: It's a dead baby!

Fearless - I'm talking about Jeff Bridges' 1993 film. This was poignant and intriguing from beginning to end. Not being able to fear and not being able to recapture what certifies your humanity, because of it -- it's beautiful. The ending sent emotional chills down my spine.

Requiem for a Dream - Everything goes wrong in this film. It's like the downfall of the few who were living in their own worlds of addictions/obsessions. I have nothing to say about it, except that it's one of those depressing movies that scratch at you from the inside.

I uncontrollably teared up during The Green Mile, Requiem Dreams, and Awakenings. All of these firlms are extremely depressing movies that build up hope and promise and then chop the viewer's emotional self at the knees (except for requiem that's just downright morbid from beginning to end).

I have cried during the movie Armageddon, just at the part where Liv Tyler is saying goodbye to the screen. And Titanic got me as well, "Come back, come back" and even though you know they come back it is still sad for me.

Million Dollar Baby got me to cry in the cinemas, thankfully i was prepared with dark sunnies. Seriously after the movie finished i had to put my sunnies on and practically run to the car park for a smoke so noone would see me cry.

Also The Professional, a movie with Jean Reno and a young Natalie Portman about a girl whose family gets killed and she ends up living with an assassin. I dont remember much else from the movie but i know i was crying in the end.

I dont cry overly much watching movies but TV shows tend to get me more, like the season finale of House where House is in the bus crash with someone and something happens to that someone (Not going into detail for those who havent seen it).

Lastly I havent seen The Notebook yet because I am too scared of crying my eyes out, I have started watching it 4 times now but someone always comes home so I quickly turn it off just in case, I really dont like people seeing me cry cause my tough guy persona might be broken. :laugh:

Has anyone ever seen Antoine Fisher? It stars Derek Luke in an amazing performance as a young Navy soldier who doesn't know his family, has few (if any) friends, and zero girlfriends. The story is told to his Psychiatrist (Denzel) in flashback mode. He has to overcome so much, and it is very powerful to me. I always tear up towards the end...gets me everytime.

I know this is pretty bad but Forrest Gump has also gotten me before. When he is talking to Jenny's grave and he starts to choke up, I normally do to. Tom Hanks is the man.

Big Daddy. Growing up i didnt know my dad that well. I didnt have a father figure so watching this movie though in roaring fits of laughter I cried becouse i wished maybe just maybe something like that would happen. I stared at my fone for two hours after watching that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back