Motor City Jobbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rome

Pre-Show Stalwart
This is the third time in two years that TNA has written the Motor City Machineguns entirely out of the spotlight – why?

Is there a better tag team in all of TNA with respect to Team 3D who are capable of working a crowd over with pure wrestling skill and in-ring psychology than MMG? Why write them out to continue trying to force feed us Savage Incarnate and Concequences Cena? The former deserved a push – I'll give you that. I'm not a fan of his, but Lethal cut his teeth and deserved the push he got, but Concequences Creed? I call him Concequences Cena for a reason – a totally undeserved push right off the bat – so much so the crowds at live events would boo him in his first matches with Bashir (of all people).

But I digress – IMHO Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin provide everything needed in a tag team from their incredible in-ring chemistry, their ability to cut very witty, generally very funny promos, their ability to work the crowd into loving them or hating them on any given night, and their actual attire.

I'm not asking for the TNA Tag Titles – I actually like the idea of pushing Roode and Storm with Team 3D – I just don't want it to come at the cost of sacrificing such a great talent. There's no reason on earth this should be wasted.

TNA does it for the same reason they do everything: they don't know whether they're coming or going.

They give Shelley the belt and then clearly decide "fuck it, put it on Suicide" a fraction through what his real reign was going to be. The argument could be made that it wasn't working, but that was because of TNA's shitty writing. Shelley's matches were solid. Frankly, they should have broken up the Guns there and then and had them feud.

But he we are again. Has it been two years now? Lethal Consequences, LAX and Beer Money have all tasted the title but the Guns still haven't. Instead they're modelling some Japanese kids belts that mean nothing to a western audience - and defending them on PPV. Fuck knows why. Like I said, TNA don't know whether they're coming or going.

I would hope it's going.

Couldn't agree more. It's just so incredibly frustrating.

I've never seen a company squander this many perfect springboards before.

As you noted, they could have easily have turned Sabin on Shelley a few months ago and had the two feud over the X-Division title – especially after Shelley won it to begin with off the trick roll up.

TNA drops the ball – yet again.

It's almost like their creative is just messing with us. They have a huge reserve of amazing talent that they are keeping in reserve for some damn reason. Machine Guns are amazing tag wrestler, WWE doesn't even have a team to match their intensity (maybe if Morisson was with someone not so....well Miz-like, then maybe). They have done the same thing over and over again. Maybe TNA should hop on this site and read some post. Machine Guns are great wrestlers and AJ Styles needs to be champion for you to get out of this rut; a rut that is going pretty deep considering how far up you were in the first place. Stop making old guys world champ, please. Foley is awesome, but stop. Also..TNA gives no real buildup, which takes away from a lot.

see what you guys don't get is motor city gets in trouble in the back & with mangement all the time alex shelly goes on internet too much & it gets him is trouble with tna mangement.also motor city are asses to the fans most of the time in real life

see waht you guys don't get is motor city gets in trouble in the back & with mangement all the time alex shelly goes on internet too much & it gets him is trouble with tna mangement.also motor city are asses to the fans most of the time in real life

Well that much I can attest to – but it's not MMG being asses – it's Shelley. He's cocky. He always has been. I experienced it personally.

But what I can't understand is how backstage politics trump raw talent like this. They're young – if you can get them to grow out of it and work with them through it you won't have lost a step in pushing them where they belong.

Well that much I can attest to – but it's not MMG being asses – it's Shelley. He's cocky. He always has been. I experienced it personally.

But what I can't understand is how backstage politics trump raw talent like this. They're young – if you can get them to grow out of it and work with them through it you won't have lost a step in pushing them where they belong.
How does politics trump raw talent like this. they don't listne & do what there told putting them on bad side of mangement. Mangement only likes people who do what they are told at all times.
well they have to listen first & that is problem. Alex won't listen at all .

But can you blame them? If they do what they're told they're likely to simply be buried yet again.

TNA caters to marks and smarks – when Shelley reads internet forums and sees that fans want to see more of him why does he lose the right to try and push creative to give them/us what we want?

Maybe Shelley is complaining because he hates where he works? Maybe he only signed that extension because Vince & Co. hate tag team wrestling and didn't want to sign a tag team?

Alex Shelley is easily the 2nd coming of Chris Jericho, complete with moveset and mannerisms, but something keeps stalling his push...yes, the guy is a bit of an asshole in person, but that's who he is...Randy Orton is also a huge asshole in person, and he just main evented Mania.

Shelley has been vocal about TNA's booking for several years, but he's the one signing the contract extensions, so the only person to blame is himself. I'm sure he'd jump in a heartbeat, to the E or RoH. At this point, there really is nothing left for Shelley in TNA, not even the Tag titles, and no way in Hell he's getting near the World.

Maybe Shelley is complaining because he hates where he works? Maybe he only signed that extension because Vince & Co. hate tag team wrestling and didn't want to sign a tag team?

Alex Shelley is easily the 2nd coming of Chris Jericho, complete with moveset and mannerisms, but something keeps stalling his push...yes, the guy is a bit of an asshole in person, but that's who he is...Randy Orton is also a huge asshole in person, and he just main evented Mania.

Shelley has been vocal about TNA's booking for several years, but he's the one signing the contract extensions, so the only person to blame is himself. I'm sure he'd jump in a heartbeat, to the E or RoH. At this point, there really is nothing left for Shelley in TNA, not even the Tag titles, and no way in Hell he's getting near the World.

I don't think that's true at all.

The World Title of course – but he's easily in contention for the X-Division title if you ask me – and especially in contention for the tag titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back